• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Region Starter Kit

Your opinion of the region map starter?

• Waste of time

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Its okay

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Yeah looks good

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • Looks Great, I cant wait

Votes: 24 57.1%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2008
    Yes still being worked on keep checking the blog for updates!

blog address
    stawmd.blogspot.com

DrCoolSanta

Erode away...
    Years
  • Wonderful idea, but well I can't decide whether to be for it or against, to think that the work we do will be made easy, and at the same time to think that the time it takes to develop a fan game will be lessened is good, it destroys one of the main diffiulties because of which people leave half made games, just like that. But at the same time to think that the game develepoing would be so easy, that noobs would have games ready any time, games that would be sense less, well I don't know what to say, I don't want noobs to destroy this place. But anyway you have my full support.

I won't need it, I prefer using my own engine for games, rather than rmxp or something, which "unforunately" uses titlesets and maps saved in different files.

EDIT: It would be a good idea if you make it available for download after every region, just to help people quickly.

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2015
    Any news?

So whats the news? Have you got a demo or full release date yet? Whats the current progress? Im dying to check this out!

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2018
    Looks great, it would be awesome to be able to visit all the regions.

[_DarkDragon_]

FireDance Trainer
    Years
  • No, let's not leave it alone. If he's not doing this anymore. I'll do it. Since copying maps is pretty boring I'm starting with the Johto remake, then I'll move on to Kanto, Hoenn and Sinnoh (in FR/LG or RSE style which will also be a "remake").

Started about 45 minutes ago on Johto:

Region Starter Kit

Region Starter Kit

PS: I'm aware I'm missing something on route 29, already fixed it.

EDIT:
    Finished Cherrygrove City:

Region Starter Kit

EDIT 2:

re-made Hiro's House upstairs and downstairs (had to make some custom tiles for effects in rmxp), still haven't worked on the doors (I plan on doing a full starter kit out of this) and there's no people or music, anyways, I made a video from the house up to cherrygrove: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIAnc_XlOME

Sorry for the double posting, but since no one complained about me continuing this, here's what I've done of Johto in 2 days (could have done more but I have a personal life, lol):

https://img146.imageshack.us/img146/102/johtosofarkk6.png

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • Sorry for the double posting, but since no one complained about me continuing this, here's what I've done of Johto in 2 days (could have done more but I have a personal life, lol):

https://img146.imageshack.us/img146/102/johtosofarkk6.png

Not bad not bad, although double posting is wrong, and there are other ways of doing it. I myself mapped all of Johto, so I wouldn't need the Johto part, haha.

Anyway good luck with it, but I should tell you, if your really into it, make your own thread, because making updates about your own in a dead thread.

Anyway, again, good luck!

-Krobe

Back