• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Registeel

Spike Razzor

"Don't argue, you failed..."
    Years
    What kind should I use in my Sandstream team?

Stall + STAB Attack
    Registeel @ Leftovers
    Trait: Clear Body
    EVs: 251 HP / 19 Def / 240 SDef
    Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    - Amnesia
    - Curse
    - Hidden Power [Steel]
    - Rest

Or

Tank to death
    Registeel @ Leftovers
    Trait: Clear Body
    EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 62 SDef
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Amnesia
    - Iron Defense
    - Seismic Toss
    - Rest/Toxic

MewthreeXL

Ascended Mewtwo
    Years
    Hi,Weezing.The second is more useable,IMO.Though Weezing stills owns it,except you
    can survive with the second set.

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
    YOur Registeel has high attack, low speed, and high speical defense. Right? Well the 1st set is rigth for it but get rid of hidden power and replace it with metal claw.

The first set raises the attack to make HP/metal claw more powerful and speical defense to withstand fire attacks.

the second set raises both defense. Then with Toxic you can slowly take your oppentant's Hp. Seismic Toss may be good but try something that it a bit more useful.

I myself perfur the good old tank when it comes to Registeel but the first one is a bit good and it goes great with this registeel stats.

Years
    Semsmic toss IS useful. It does 100 damage, not matter how high or low defences are.'Some move thats more useful' could only do 20- odd damage to a Dexoys leaf who used cp 6 times....

Spike Razzor

"Don't argue, you failed..."
    Years
    @ XL: Weezing can't even attack Registeel, so how does it beat it lol.

@ Zard: Registeel has very poor attack, and without its HP and Defences it will faint very easy. Curse makes up for its Atk and makes it 300+ Defence a bit higher.

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    Regi
    EVs: 252 HP/ 200 Def/ 52 SpDef
    ~Amnesia
    ~Counter
    ~S Toss/Toxic
    ~Rest

After you amnesia up all they can do is attack your physical def and you counter it back for *Masive Damage*

rest to recover off the counter and S toss/Toxic to actually do something

Years
    husk1442 said:
    Regi
    EVs: 252 HP/ 200 Def/ 52 SpDef
    ~Amnesia
    ~Counter
    ~S Toss/Toxic
    ~Rest

After you amnesia up all they can do is attack your physical def and you counter it back for *Masive Damage*

rest to recover off the counter and S toss/Toxic to actually do something
    Why EVs in Defense, then? The damage would be even more supermassive with them in Special defense. This is a Registeel we're talking about; it's not like it'll get OHKOed by anything.

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    but, we want it to take less than half health with the hit so its countering about 360 damage which will K.O. most things. Then you rest. Not a one hit wonder.

Dark Penguin

[Insert text here]
    Years
    i would definately say the first. even thou im kinda nu at competitive battling, considering which one i would less want to go against, it would be the first. plus, the second one wouldn't be much of a tank w/o rest AND toxic. as great as iron defense is, rest is better. teh first one would be much more useful to the rest of ur party, as the curse and rest combo will have even a very strong pokemon in your clutches in a few turns (as long as they don't have a powerful SE attack). either way, if u go up against a fire type, ur screwed but the first is a much better, considering it could even finish off skarmory (curse does more than toxic) and other very annoying pokemon.

Years
    Toxic sucks, like hell, its only good on shukle and deoxys leaf....And Registeel is NOT a ghost, so curse powers up att/def and lowers spp, not like dusclops and curse....

Dark Penguin

[Insert text here]
    Years
    o yeah - wat was i thinking? well, it was 12 am when i wrote that. but toxic isn't that bad, since it increases the damage each turn and guarentees ur death in at the most 7 turns. but mayb it isn't teh best chioce for registeel.....................stil, i like the first moveset better.

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    Spike Razzor said:
    No one uses Sp.Atk's with anything Regi that isn't Regice, but when you said Smogon It explained everything.

That set does work tho.

Back