• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Release Date Speculation

When Will The new Pokemon HG And SS Release In Europe?

• January

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • February

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • March

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • April

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • June

• July

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Specify in a message)

• Total voters

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I have calculated the dates when Nintendo will announce when HG & SS will come out the US & UK.

~US of A~

Monday, March 8th, 2010

{} UK {}

Thursday, May 8th, 2010

Isn't it kind of drastic trying to figure out an exact date? I mean the calculation, if shown might prove to be evident, but anything can happen during now and then. Plus, release dates aren't really something you can caluculate unless you look at a specific pattern. Going by speculation and pattern wouldn't always be the best option to do calculations for a release date as again Game Freak and Nintendo has no obligation to follow it.

So, as nice as these dates are it is best to leave it at a estimated time frame as some may read this wrong and actually think of the release date being on the 8th of March next year for the US and UK when it possibly might not be.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen May 20, 2024
    Isn't it kind of drastic trying to figure out an exact date? I mean the calculation, if shown might prove to be evident, but anything can happen during now and then. Plus, release dates aren't really something you can caluculate unless you look at a specific pattern. Going by speculation and pattern wouldn't always be the best option to do calculations for a release date as again Game Freak and Nintendo has no obligation to follow it.

So, as nice as these dates are it is best to leave it at a estimated time frame as some may read this wrong and actually think of the release date being on the 8th of March next year for the US and UK when it possibly might not be.

I know it could be wrong, but its our best guess. Like you said "anything can happen..."

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I think we all want the game to come out in February, the same way how Ppt came out in March (even though I though it would come out in April) HG/SS can come out in February, things can happen

:t354:TG

silentdeathproductions

I Hate Mondays
    Years
    I think Hg and SS will come out in the US on October 15th 2010 because the game is a celebration of gold and silver, and the original release date was Oct 15, 2000. but the japanese release date is in september and games usually come out about a year later in the US after the Japanese version

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I think Hg and SS will come out in the US on October 15th 2010 because the game is a celebration of gold and silver, and the original release date was Oct 15, 2000. but the japanese release date is in september and games usually come out about a year later in the US after the Japanese version

The games are being released according to their anniversary year, not specific date as I've said before. So, having the game released over a year since the Japanese release would be a loss of time for Nintendo of America. Not to mention, it will only hold back production for the release of a new generation. Nevertheless, when you say the US copies are released after a year from the Japanese release, I must say you are incorrect. If you look back since the time Ruby and Sapphire, their release was never over a year between Japan and the US. And to be more precise and current, Platinum was released on September 13th last year for Japan. It only took six months till March 22nd for the US release. So, I wouldn't expect Oct. 15th of 2010 to be the US release for the most part, but somewhere between late February to late April.

Legendary Arcanine

Arcanine Lover
    Years
    [FONT=&quot]I really hope they are released that early because I miss that generation and all of the extra game play they featured like traveling to both Johto and Kanto and collecting all 16 badges not to mention fighting Red in Mt. Silver I have always wanted those games to be brought back and now they finally will be. Even though just bringing them back with the original 2 regions it would be amazing if they included Hoenn and Sinnoh as well.[/FONT]

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2009
    my guess is sometime around october. if they can hit the market before christmas, everyone and their brother will have pokemon hg/ss.

LordDarkrai

Gamer
    Years
    I sure the games will come out in March or April of next year because most of the games came out during the spring time.

Magmarashi

Trainer in Training
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    didn't Pokemon USA and Pokemon UK merge? wouldn't that mean that they would come out at the same time in both places?

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2012
    I'm a bit hesitant to rely on 'patterns' given that there is nothing saying that they have to follow it - my guess is as early as late this year, but far more realistically sometime next year, really. They won't be trying to be as quick as possible to get these games out, after all - they always take their time, and it'll remain that way.

Quoted for truth. While the coincidental pattern that the OP noticed is cool, I doubt it means much in terms of predicting when HGSS will be released in the US. My best guess is around the March/April time frame. Could be as late as May if they take their time -- which I honestly don't care if they do. I'd prefer a game as close to perfect as possible if it requires an extra month or two of work.

But I wouldn't count on February at all. (Although I wouldn't mind being wrong, either!)

Years
    OMG YAY!!!!!!
    I haven't been on here in a while, so I'm just now finding out about these new games...
    I CAN'T WAIT! My Gold and Silver games now are [very] used, meaning I keep picking them up at Game Stops whenever they have them, hoping they save your game, and they never do
    And I love the Johto Pokemon so I'm so glad they're remaking it like they did for Red/Blue

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    I know this is kinda silly but anyone has thought about Febraury 14th for the USA?
    HeartGold and SoulSilver.
    February 14th = Love = Heart...
    Lol, sorry I'm bored I want clearer CoroCoro scans.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Seriously, I'll pee in my pants if Nintendo/GF release them on/before X-Mas season. =)

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
    Release Date Speculation
    Release Date Speculation
    Release Date Speculation

Nice observation, I bet nobody has thought of that. In fact, I can tell by the halt in posts that no one has a response to that. (Id est, they cannot give further evidence to disprove it.)

Last edited:

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Septmember is PokeMonth in Japan it looks like. I like this pattern and hope they come through.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    i wouldnt call it a rumor but more of a seculation.......but yeah should be somehwere around there!

just look at d/p and p they all came out in september (japan, just lyk this game) and came out in the usa around spring

Bagel

Live Long, laugh forever
    Years
    yah, im pretty shure its true

i meen weve gotten loads of pictures and some video of it already. it should come out in 2010
    for more info go to serrebii and click on heartgold soulsilver www.serebii.net

Back