• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Rep system

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Original Darkwiz787

Stuck with text below my name.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2014
    Ive seen rep systems with only +Rep, and only certain people can -rep. But of course you could only rep a certain amount of times per 24 hours and you could never rep the same person twice in a row or twice in the same 24 hours.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    I disagree with this system; a lot of people abuse it, and then other members BASE their opinions off the rep' system. For example, if I say something direct that's 100% true and the member doesn't like it because they're immature, they'll negative rep' me. Then what happens? It continues until the point where someone says "You have -50 Rep'! I don't have to listen to you!"

Trust me. I was on a forum before with 100,000+ members and a lot of people were like "harhar -50 rep'. You're a loser and don't know wtf you're talking about."

People tend to - Rep' more than + Rep'. It's a terrible system.

Stairmaster

Banned
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2010
    Rep systems are pretty damn stupid, considering how easily they are abused, and how easily they can dominate an entire community. Especially since the staff is taking partial responsibility for any issues I don't see why it should be pushed.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Sorry, but no. :( We got soooo many complaints from people who couldn't handle getting a bit of negative rep that it go ridiculously annoying and we disabled it. Factor in that people were also going out of their way to give good rep to their friends to boost their reputation count and it ended up being a thoroughly pointless system.

It took a lot of work to convince everyone to bring it back for a second try and that failed miserably so I think I can safely say it will never, ever be coming back as a ranking. It's not perfect but the post comment system works well enough if you want to give anonymous feedback on a post.

(Closing this because there's really nothing else that can be said that isn't just beating a dead horse.)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back