• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Replacing Indoor Tiles😅

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2015
    Hi,

Slight problem, for the pallet town house tileset I want to delete all their tiles and recustomize that entire tileset with new tiles. I clear the old tiles successfully. When trying to insert new ones with the palette and all, it just shows up in the block editor as the shadow of the tile (which is the 16th color slot of the palette) how do I fix this so all the other colors will work?

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2015
    You've not indexed the tileset to have the exact colours to match the palette in the ROM. Reading a tutorial on tile insertion like this may help you out.

Oh alright, but do the tiles have to match the ROM's palette or can you change that?

Years
    You can edit the palette in the ROM as explained in that tutorial, but the image's palette and the palette in the ROM have to match in order for A-Map to recognise them.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2015
    You can edit the palette in the ROM as explained in that tutorial, but the image's palette and the palette in the ROM have to match in order for A-Map to recognise them.
    Alright thank ya, now I just need to figure out how I can align the tiles correctly XD

Back