• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Tool] Repointing trainers in PGE gives error and breaks trainer, please help

Years
Ok so I can use the trainer editor to edit the single pokemon of a trainer no problem, if I add more pokemon without repointing the data, the other pokemon are all lv 5 Ekans. If I repoint the Pokemon data using PGE I get error InvalidArgument=Valueof '65534' is not valid for 'SelectIndex.' Parameter name: select index.

I was repointing to 71d170 where I have tons of free space and if I check the hex values in the rom after this nothing has changed. Do I need to change the .ini and repoint, like, the whole trainer table? Once I get this error PGE crashes if I try to select that trainer again and I don't know what to do :(

Years
Ok so I can use the trainer editor to edit the single pokemon of a trainer no problem, if I add more pokemon without repointing the data, the other pokemon are all lv 5 Ekans. If I repoint the Pokemon data using PGE I get error InvalidArgument=Valueof '65534' is not valid for 'SelectIndex.' Parameter name: select index.

I was repointing to 71d170 where I have tons of free space and if I check the hex values in the rom after this nothing has changed. Do I need to change the .ini and repoint, like, the whole trainer table? Once I get this error PGE crashes if I try to select that trainer again and I don't know what to do :(

Use gen 3 tools for trainer editing

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 3, 2023
PGE Trainer Editor seems to be a bit buggy. I still use it to replace Trainer sprites, but for editing trainers, I use hopeless trainer editor with no problems hope this helps.

Back