• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taemin

move.
Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I don't think anyone under 12 has the maturity to handle the system and restricting to supporters will not help at all.

Age has little to do with maturity in some cases. That would be unfair for those people who are 12 and under, yet have more maturity then a lot of older users on this forum. :/

Reactions: Guy

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Wow. This thread is like the Energizer Bunny.. xD; It's gonna keep going, and going until someone closes it. Then another one's gonna pop up.. >.> At least it will as long as the rep system is enabled.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    That's how all these threads are though, whether they're about reputation or not.
    That's what makes them amusing. |D
    No offense to the people who think this is srsbsns and stuff. <A<

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    Wow. This thread is like the Energizer Bunny.. xD; It's gonna keep going, and going until someone closes it. Then another one's gonna pop up.. >.> At least it will as long as the rep system is enabled.

Actually this thread was made to complement the reputation system, not to disable it.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    G.K.S. said:
    Actually this thread was made to complement the reputation system, not to disable it.

Yes, I know. xD; But everytime a rep thread pops up, it ends with people arguing over the system in general.

Loki said:

Totally. >w>

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    That's how all these threads are though, whether they're about reputation or not.
    No offense to the people who think this is srsbsns and stuff. <A<

It is very amusing, I hope no staff closes it and ruins the fun. XD

Yes, I know. xD; But everytime a rep thread pops up, it ends with people arguing over the system in general.

Totally. >w>

Yes, and arguments are very fun in PC, it will help us sort things out and know how other feel about stuff.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I personally think the people who have their reputation disabled, should not be able to recieve any more reputation again. It makes no sense for them to be able to still recieve bad reputation in my conjecture. Why don't reputation abusers get warnings/infractions? It'll scarcen the amount of rep abusers; or so I believe...I could be wrong.
    I say we earn a Repbot just like we have a Googlebot, Spiderbot, and those others...XD

Innocence

PC Lurker: I'm watching you...
    Years
  • I really couldn't care less about reputation... And that isn't just because I have none now, and got about 3 bars last time it was active.

Reputation may be an incentive to post more maturely and have posts of a higher calibre, but ultimately it distracts people who already post that way from posting, as people waste all their time giving out rep in an inevitably frivolous manner. There. Opinion voiced.

Oh, by the way, the rep thing? It's because I don't post.

Reactions: GKS

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Age has little to do with maturity in some cases. That would be unfair for those people who are 12 and under, yet have more maturity then a lot of older users on this forum. :/

First name me an 11 year old who was probably the most mature of them all before their teens in this forum. Then you can justify that...

Nope, not me. I was immature when I was 11. Try again :\.

Innocence

PC Lurker: I'm watching you...
    Years
  • Lol. Is there anyone who remembers me when I was on pc more actively? When I joined I was ten. I consider myself to have been just as mature then as I am now, but can anyone justify that?

EDIT:Wow, I just caught myself getting off topic. Don't mind me, and don't carry on this branch of the conversation, please?

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2012
    I think that it would be unfortunate if a site-wide feature were to be disabled based solely on the fact that some members have not learned how to handle opposing view-points and criticisms from others. Nevertheless, the site administrators should follow through with whatever choice they feel is necessary for the good of their website.

.Seth

.explorer.
    Years
  • I think that it would be unfortunate if a site-wide feature were to be disabled based solely on the fact that some members have not learned how to handle opposing view-points and criticisms from others. Nevertheless, the site administrators should follow through with whatever choice they feel is necessary for the good of their website.

That's kind of how I feel about it. I like the rep system. I think if we could make the rules for reputation a bit scricter, it might calm down some since people would start getting warnings and infractions. At least, that's what I think.

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    It's not only stricter rules, we also need an age limit. We can prohibit <12, or maybe =<10. Because it's obvious little kids coming here cannot handle criticism or any sort of formal discussion. With that, it should be enough to cut off most of the spam rep. Besides that, we should also prohibit reputation from members with multiple infractions for a time limit or permanently. Those are the kind of people that tend to abuse the rep system.

Years
  • Cherii is 1 and The Cat in the Hat is 0. Ayano Katagiri was 7 for a while and then suddenly had four birthdays and turned 11. In fact, if I felt like it, I could go make myself 8 years old right now. Point is, Age: you can lie about it on the internet.

.Seth

.explorer.
    Years
  • It's not only stricter rules, we also need an age limit. We can prohibit <12, or maybe =<10. Because it's obvious little kids coming here cannot handle criticism or any sort of formal discussion. With that, it should be enough to cut off most of the spam rep. Besides that, we should also prohibit reputation from members with multiple infractions for a time limit or permanently. Those are the kind of people that tend to abuse the rep system.

So true. Age limit would help some, but only to the real young kids. Like 8 or 9 year olds. I have no way of saying what age group does the most rep abuse, but it is possible that it's the more immature and younger members of PC. Cutting off reputation with people who have multiple infractions might work, and then again, it might not. Either way, I think these are both good ideas.

Whether they're implemented or not is entirely up to the staff. This is just my two cents.

Last edited:

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Not just little kids, but little kids are part of the abusers because of their immaturity. Cutting off their rights to rep would help with the abuse problem. I never said, however, little kids where the Osama bin Laden of this mess. I also stated that those with more infractions also have the potential and immaturity to abuse the system. Which is why I suggest cutting off to those groups besides strengthening the rules.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Not just little kids, but little kids are part of the abusers because of their immaturity. Cutting off their rights to rep would help with the abuse problem. I never said, however, little kids where the Osama bin Laden of this mess. I also stated that those with more infractions also have the potential and immaturity to abuse the system. Which is why I suggest cutting off to those groups besides strengthening the rules.

Wow, that's a lot of news to me. Most of the people I see abuse reputation are teenagers who frequent the forums.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back