• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

Jerme

stupid
Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2010
Help my octillery

mild nature (up'd sp.attack, minus defense)
moves:
gunk shot
ice beam
surf
psybeam

i think something is wrong, idk what. maybe that theyre all attacks

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Gunk Shot provides awful coverage, doesn't hit anything the other moves don't from what I see. Energy Ball > Gunk Shot to hit Waters. Fire Blast, Charge Beam, or Water Spout would be much more useful instead of Psybeam imo.

Years
Is this lead Aerodactyl viable?

Aerodactyl - Jolly
Pressure - Focus Sash
252 ATK/252 Speed
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Rock Slide
- Pursuit
heres mine,
AeroDeath(Aerodactyl) - Jolly
Rock Head - PowerHerb
252ATK/252/Speed/4Hp
-Sky Attack
-EarthQuake
-FireFang
-Attract

almost never failed me ^.^
its end stats at 100 are 301/304/152/134/154/345

Jerme

stupid
Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2010
would people think my luxray is hacked if i teach it magnet rise?

Years
I am either:

a. Retarded
b. Have horrible IV luck
c. Both

Frankly, I haven't done a ton of competitive battling outside of shoddy, so can someone tell me how my Persian holds up in NU. I did a level 100 battle, and it had these stats:

Spoiler:

And then my offensive trick room Bronzong:

Spoiler:

Am I doing something wrong or just slightly overreacting?

Last edited:

RTHookers

Banned
Years
Should I keep Will-O-Wisp on Rotom? I have T-Spikes on my stall team and I really dunno because some things are better hit by WoW than poison. I was also thinking RestTalk Gyara > CroCune, but I dunno.

Also, best scarfer for stall in case some crap gets the advantage? (one of the reasons I wanted another phazer other than pert), I use tar and it's doing fine. I'm using it to absorb tricks etc and handle crap with pursuit.

zommy08

Crimson Trainer
Years
WoW is very good on Rotom. It can cripple a lot in OU (Swampert, Tyranitar, Metagross)
WoW and Light Screen work well together too.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
@ Human: Apparently you EVed Persian and Zong in Defense, otherwise you just have bad IVs.

Should I keep Will-O-Wisp on Rotom? I have T-Spikes on my stall team and I really dunno because some things are better hit by WoW than poison. I was also thinking RestTalk Gyara > CroCune, but I dunno.

Also, best scarfer for stall in case some crap gets the advantage? (one of the reasons I wanted another phazer other than pert), I use tar and it's doing fine. I'm using it to absorb tricks etc and handle crap with pursuit.
WOW Rotom sucks when using TSpikes, poisoned Tar Pursuit weak lol. Reflect should be used. And Gyara is great, Intimidate is incredibly useful from my experience with it.

Jirachi is a good Scarfer, speed ties with +1 Mence and can Trick its Scarf onto CroCune, CurseLax, etc.

RTHookers

Banned
Years
I already used Jirachi on my previous team (semi-stall) and honestly it worked out fun.
So I decided to kick T-spikes. Good secondary attack for Forry? I'm running sp.def set. I'll put RT (lol at my name) Gyara > CroCrune.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
Use Sub W-O-W PS Tom if you're using T-Spikes, since you can scout Tar and switch. With no W-O-W Forry uses you as set up fodder and you cant touch Flygon etc which is why Rest Talk Reflect sucks now imo.

Jira, Tar and Heatran are prolly the best scarfers for stall. Everything else is either Pursuit bait, frail or horrible/set up fodder scarfers.

And Gyara and Cune stop different stuff and do totally different roles, we kinda need to see your full team to tell you which is best.

JDJ

Vulpix Breeder, Shiny Hunter
Years
  • Age 31
  • NH
  • Seen Nov 19, 2015
I am currently playing LeafGreen inbetween my ds getting replaced. The point is to keep me preoccupied and to have some favorites to transfer over to heartgold. Basically what I would like is for someone to rate my team and moves based on the fact that they are not for competitive battling. All critiques are warmly welcomed particularly on my movesets.

My pokemon

Blastoise
-surf, hydrocannon, bite, toxic

Butterfree
-psybeam, sleep powder, double team, aerial ace

Jolteon
-shockwave, thunderbolt, pin missle, shadowball

Poliwrath
-hypnosis, focus punch, bulk up, calm mind

Ninetails
-flamethrower, will-o-wisp, confuse ray, overheat

Exeggcutor
-sunny day, solarbeam, psychic, sludgebomb

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Hydro Cannon is bad, get another attacking move on Poliwrath over Calm Mind so you don't get raped by ghosts, Sunny Day-Solar Beam is generally too slow ingame, just get some other attack and Ninetales needs another attack type

Years
@ Human: Apparently you EVed Persian and Zong in Defense, otherwise you just have bad IVs.

Hmm. Seeing as I did Persian last night, I can give a list of what I did in what order:

Spoiler:

Is it possible I trained it in defense by accident?

amisterlux

Banned
Years
Okay, I have two questions...First off, I have a Uxie that I ev trained...but since I am still new to this kind of training, I need to know if it's stats are good, and if you think it would make a good wall? My second question is, what do you think the best move set would be for my Uxie...if you think he would be better as something other than a wall, let me know. His stats are below. Thanks, Lux

Uxie:

Hp:337
Atk:237
Def:349
Sp.Atk:232
Sp.Def:316
Spd:306

Move Set:

Calm mind
Rest
Sleep talk
energy ball

shookie

Often scatters things.
Years
Hmm. Seeing as I did Persian last night, I can give a list of what I did in what order:

Spoiler:

Is it possible I trained it in defense by accident?
My money's on you having bad IVs, since both Gyarados and Golbat don't give more than one type of EV. If the Persian was untouched or wiped of all former EVs before you trained it, and those are the only Pokémon you fainted with it, then there's no way you could have given it Defense.

(Edit) Yeah, MetalKid's IV calc came up with this:
Persian - #53 (Jolly): 16 / 3 / 22 / 0 / 14 / 7

Years
My money's on you having bad IVs, since both Gyarados and Golbat don't give more than one type of EV. If the Persian was untouched or wiped of all former EVs before you trained it, and those are the only Pokémon you fainted with it, then there's no way you could have given it Defense.

(Edit) Yeah, MetalKid's IV calc came up with this:
Persian - #53 (Jolly): 16 / 3 / 22 / 0 / 14 / 7

Yep, I had just hatched it.

Wow, those are quite crummy IV's. Well, just as long as I know I'm not messing up. I'll probably use this Persian for now, but if I see it's pretty useless (is it an oxymoron to call a Persian useless?), I'll throw an Everstone on it and breed/EV a new one.

RTHookers

Banned
Years
Use Sub W-O-W PS Tom if you're using T-Spikes, since you can scout Tar and switch. With no W-O-W Forry uses you as set up fodder and you cant touch Flygon etc which is why Rest Talk Reflect sucks now imo.

Jira, Tar and Heatran are prolly the best scarfers for stall. Everything else is either Pursuit bait, frail or horrible/set up fodder scarfers.

And Gyara and Cune stop different stuff and do totally different roles, we kinda need to see your full team to tell you which is best.

This is the team:
Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Def
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Roar
---
Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Payback
- Rapid Spin
---
Rotom-h @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/168 Def/88 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Overheat
---
Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Def / 232 SpD
Calm nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Protect
- Softboiled
- Seismic Toss
---
Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Surf
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
---
Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
---

Last edited:

ry91

That's what she said!
Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2012
quick questionnn

what four attack types could cover the most pokemon types?

Back