• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

Shadow236

Razor Shell!!
Years
  • Aerial Ace vs Air Slash

Recently I taught my Braviary Brave Bird and got rid of Aerial Ace for it. I figured that because he already had air slash that was the stronger move. What do you think? Is Aerial Ace better than Air Slash, or should I put it back?

EDIT: I understand I posted this in the wrong spot, hopefully a mod will move it soon! Sorry!

Last edited:

timaeus222

Music Composer, Mixing/Mastering Engineer
    Years
  • It all depends on you. If you want more accuracy, go for Aerial Ace. If you want more power and a chance to flinch but 5% less accuracy, then go for Air Slash. Really though, Air Slash is a much better choice if you're not going against a defensive double-teaming monstrosity.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    It all depends on you. If you want more accuracy, go for Aerial Ace. If you want more power and a chance to flinch but 5% less accuracy, then go for Air Slash. Really though, Air Slash is a much better choice if you're not going against a defensive double-teaming monstrosity.

Air Slash is special. Aerial Ace is physical. Even if he entirely maxed out Special Attack and minimized Attack as much as possible, Special Attack would still be <5 points higher. Chances are he doesn't have 31 IVs in Sp.Atk. and 0 in Atk., so Aerial Ace is going to be much stronger despite the power difference.

fridgetheman

PokeManiac
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2012
    So far my team consists of 2 Pokemon. I've been out of the competitive circuit for a good while now and recently started back in. I was looking on suggestions for a defensive wall (I have been considering Confagrigus but still very unsure.) a special wall and special sweepers to accommodate what I have so far. All help will be appreciated

Dragonite (Female) @ Leftovers
    Inner Focus
    Evs: 252HP/44Atk/212Speed
    Adamant
    - Dragon Claw
    - Earthquake
    - Roost
    - Dragon Dance

Scizor (Male) @ Choice Band
    Technician
    Evs: 252Hp/252Atk/6Speed
    Adamant
    - Bullet Punch
    - U-Turn
    - Pursuit
    - Superpower

Very nice start to a powerful OU team, although i might recommend a life orb on the scizor. Anyway, i would definitely suggest blissey as your special wall. Any fire type used against scizor is almost a guaranteed OHKO, since most fire type moves are special, blissey absorbs them like none other. You may also consider a heatran, as his flash fire ability can be a game changer if worked correctly. As for a physical wall, i always use either Skarmory or forretress. Forretress is the same typing as scizor but he has a particular role on my team. If you have any questions, feel free to pm me.

I was wondering if anyone can help me?
    I would like a moveset for nosepass as a supportive/defensive role using the eviolite. I've been looking for one in many places, but have not seemed to find one yet.
    thanks in advance. :D

Man i am just looking at his stats and he could make a pretty beastly wall. I don't know what type of team you are using him for, but if you fit him in on a sandstorm team, or just pair him with sandstream, you could potentially raise his Special defense to over 600 that would be UNREAL. Here's what i recommend:

Nosepass
    Item: Eviolite
    Nature: Careful or Impish
    Ability: Magnet Pull
    Rest
    Sleep Talk
    Stone Edge
    Toxic
    Make sure you max his HP EV. Any other questions, PM me!

Last edited:
    Years
  • I've started EV training my Terrakion. It is sassy in nature so I don't know if I should EV train it in Atk or SpDef - I've already EV trained it 252 in Spd (fought 63 Basculins with macho brace). I would also like your thoughts on the moveset, at the moment it has:
    • Helping Hand
    • Retaliate
    • Rock Slide
    • Sacred Sword
    I'm considering - X-Scissor, Stone Edge, Earthquake and Sacred Sword.
    Cheers

I sent this message twice before, but no one replied to it. I hope its third time lucky :)

amberfunk

Almost master trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2014
    Ok I have a glaceon that I ev trained and have some moves picked out for it and I would like some feedback as to better ev spread or moves.

Ivs:9/21/13/17/0/5
    Evs:12/0/0/255/192/51
    Moves:Signal beam, Mirror Coat, Hidden Power Steel, Toxic

Could someone please give me some feedback.

Years
  • I got my hands on a Turtwig. I'm going to be breeding it for HP/Def/Sp Def IV's. My question is what do I want to EV train it for, what nature do I want, and what moveset to run with if I want it to be a wall.

Years
  • My bad, I misunderstood the advice I got. They told me to get a Torterra so I can get a Ferrothorn with Stealth Rock and Leech Seed.
    To double check, I want a Sassy Ferrothorn thats 4 HP EV's, 252 Def EV's, and 252 Sp Def EV's. Moveset is Gyroball/Leech Seed/Stealth Rock/Power Whip.

Kikpanther

Not a beginner that's for sure
    Years
  • So, I'm not really smart when it comes to EV/IVs and Natures and things like that, so... I probably need a lot of help. My main problem pokemon at the moment is my Swoobat.

Swoobat--Bashful
    Ability: Klutz

HP: 136
    Attack: 81
    Defense: 75
    Sp. Atk: 92
    Sp. Def: 64
    Speed: 122

--Substitute
    --Psychic
    --Calm Mind
    --Fly

So when I first got this guy I didn't expect a strong pokemon. I just really needed a pokemon that could learn Fly to be honest and the fact that it was part Psychic made me really want to get it. As I predicted, Swoobat can't take a hit which is why I thought up giving him a moveset that revolved around Subsitute to maybe keep him in the game a little bit longer. It kind of helps, but not really.

Is there a more effective moveset I could use? Do I need to give it a Power Bracelet or something? Or should I just replace him completely? I kind of like Swoobat, but I don't think it'll work. Any help is appreciated.

E: I just recently got an Archen. If replacing Swoobat is the better idea, would Archen be a good replacement?

I'm also not completely sure about my Emolga. He's a good pokemon, I just want to see if I have the right idea in mind when it comes to his moveset.

Emolga

--Volt Switch
    --Agility
    --Double Team
    --Electro Ball

I'm more worried about what moves he knows than his stats. Does this look good or should I scrap one and just get Thunder or something?

None of these pokemon have a decided item yet, so if you have an idea on that I would really like to hear it. :D

Last edited:

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
  • I -believe- this question is allowed in this thread, as I have a general idea of what I'm looking for.

Can anyone suggest a good UU (as in, what would obviously/most likely end up in UU) FIFTH GENERATION sweeper? I need two. I have my walls, and my stealth rock/surprise shell smash lead, but I'm lacking sweepers. The only type coverage I really have at the moment is Rock, Bug, and Grass (from Crustle and Lilligant). The others are strictly stall walls.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    I -believe- this question is allowed in this thread, as I have a general idea of what I'm looking for.

Can anyone suggest a good UU (as in, what would obviously/most likely end up in UU) FIFTH GENERATION sweeper? I need two. I have my walls, and my stealth rock/surprise shell smash lead, but I'm lacking sweepers. The only type coverage I really have at the moment is Rock, Bug, and Grass (from Crustle and Lilligant). The others are strictly stall walls.
    I'm just listing a rough number of Pokemon which I assume is UU. Have you tried: Houndoom, Gallade, Empoleon, Electivire, Flygon, Krookodile, and Virizion? I don't know if they're exactly UU by Smogon's standards, but PO says they're UU at the moment.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    So I wasn't planning on using a Volcarona in my team, but the level 70 one I caught happening to have its worst IV be 18, and have a 30 in Special Attack, so I thought I'd EV train him anyway since he turned out so well. I'm looking for a good EV spread/moveset for him. Right now I'm thinking:

252 Sp.Atk/252 Def / 4 Spe
    Quiver Dance
    Bug Buzz
    Fire Blast/Fiery Dance
    ???

Any help would be great, thanks (:

Edit: I just found out that it has HP Rock, so that would probably go in the last slot.

Last edited:

Raichupacabra

Villain
    Years
  • Does anybody think this Mightyena set could work.

Mightyena @ Life Orb
    6 HP/ 252 Attack / 252 Speed
    Ability: Moxie
    Howl - Boosts attack
    Sucker Punch - Makes up for Mightyena's unpleasanr speed.
    Fire Fang - Coverage on steels. Also kills bugs.
    Return - Just there for coverage.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2011
    Hey everyone! I recently got pokemon black and my fried challenged me to a game. we have A $20 bet riding on this so i was just wondering if anyone could give me a good pokemon black team? or some tips on how to make one?

DayDreamer

Pokemon Gamer
    Years
  • So I wasn't planning on using a Volcarona in my team, but the level 70 one I caught happening to have its worst IV be 18, and have a 30 in Special Attack, so I thought I'd EV train him anyway since he turned out so well. I'm looking for a good EV spread/moveset for him. Right now I'm thinking:

252 Sp.Atk/252 Def / 4 Spe
    Quiver Dance
    Bug Buzz
    Fire Blast/Fiery Dance
    ???

Any help would be great, thanks (:

Edit: I just found out that it has HP Rock, so that would probably go in the last slot.
    252 Sp Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Defence is better in my opinion.

Volcarona is a special sweeper that can one shot most things so you'll wanna be fast right of the bat. Go with Fiery Dance. Sp.Attack boost occur ALOT.

What's the nature?

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    252 Sp Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Defence is better in my opinion.

Volcarona is a special sweeper that can one shot most things so you'll wanna be fast right of the bat. Go with Fiery Dance. Sp.Attack boost occur ALOT.

What's the nature?
    No, go with Quiver Dance. Quiver dance raises SpA, Spe, and SpD which is better than what Fiery Dance could offer. And 4 HP, 252 SpA, and 252 Spe is what I would go for.

/hides

Detox

This is the standard or bulky Volcarona set.

Volcarona @ Life Orb / Leftovers
    Trait: Flame Body
    EVs: 6 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe or 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 Spe
    Timid Nature (+Spd, - Atk)
    - Quiver Dance
    - Flame Dance / Fire Blast
    - Bug Buzz
    - Hidden Power [Rock/Ground] / Morning Sun

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years
  • Hey all, this isn't to do with move sets buuut,,
    I have a level 100 cresselia with
    hp- 369
    attack- 157
    defense- 245
    special attack- 167
    special defense- 321
    speed- 192

It has a gentle nature.

Do you lot think this is EV trained? I am unsure at what stats cresselias have at level 100.

Hey all, this isn't to do with move sets buuut,,
    I have a level 100 cresselia with
    hp- 369
    attack- 157
    defense- 245
    special attack- 167
    special defense- 321
    speed- 192

It has a gentle nature.

Do you lot think this is EV trained? I am unsure at what stats cresselias have at level 100.

Last edited:
    Back