• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

ceremony

rah rah
Years
  • Last two members. Suggestions?

Hey, I've EV'd trained to level 80 4/6 members of my team. What I want to do is create a good team using only generation 5 pokes.

Golurk 252 Attack, 252 HP, 6 Defense
    Eelektross 252 Sp. Attack, 252 HP, 6 Sp. Defense

Haxorus 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 Defense
    Darmanitan 252 Attack, 252 Spped, 6 Defense.

1) I was going to start training a Solosis in HP and Sp. Attack, and basically use him to set up the defense on my time (Reflect, Light Screen, Light Clay, Psychic) except now that I think about it, would a Musharna be better since it can learn Baton Pass?

2) I like Water types/Ice types, but I'm having a hard time picking one this generation. I'm not really impressed with any of the ice types (I hate the ice cream-looking dude) and I was going to go with a Seismitoad before I realized that a Water type with ice moves would ruin 4/6 members. I'm thinking a Samurott or a Simpour.

Feedback/thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated.

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    If your intent on having an Ice type on your team what about Beartic? I don't know how it gets on competivley but its just a suggestion.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    For doubles which attack is better, sandstorm or stealth rock? This is on Ferrothorn.

If you want Sandstorm, use Tyranitar or Hippowdon. Stealth Rock is 100% better.

This generation gave Blaziken speed boost which allowed it to pretty much gain "double dance" while only taking one turn of damage (protect, swords dance). Then, bulky waters lose to Hi Jump Kick which got boosted to 130 base power this generation.

To add, only Speed Boost Blaziken was banned. Blaze Blaziken is perfectly fine to use, albeit it functions rather poorly in the metagame but w/e.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2012
    If you want Sandstorm, use Tyranitar or Hippowdon. Stealth Rock is 100% better.

To add, only Speed Boost Blaziken was banned. Blaze Blaziken is perfectly fine to use, albeit it functions rather poorly in the metagame but w/e.
    I could have sworn Smogon decided to be lazy and just banned Blaziken as a whole.

Screw complex bans.

Detox

Actually, they did ban Blaziken as a whole because they said then they would have to ban other things with Speed Boost like Ninjask and Yanmega, which they would not want to do.

ceremony

rah rah
    Years
  • I need a Special Attack moveset for my Samurott, which I EV'd in SpA and Sp.

Right now it knows Scald, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Air Slash

I like Surf over Hydro Pump but since I've been training it I sometimes enter double battles, and Surf messes that up.I love Ice Beam, and Air Slash is an egg move but I'm 50/50 on it due to its power. Any ideas?

Brane

-
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 10, 2016
    I need a moveset for Emolga, right now I want it to be a quick special attacker which pops in and out with Volt Switch. I also have Acrobatics for when I'm jammed. But I'm unsure about the two other moves.

Also, for Volcarona I have Quiver Dance, Fiery Dance, Bug Buzz but I need another move for it.

Years
  • Should I evolve my Gurdurr?

Should I evolve my Gurdurr. As you all know, Gurdurr isn't known for their speed. However, I have it EV-trained in Speed and I guarantee it is faster than at least 97% of Timburrs, Gurdurrs and Conkledurrs. My question is, since I'm using this Gurdurr as part of my sweeper team, would it be necessary for me to evolve him into Conkledurr.

Here are his stats:

Nature: Timid (great for speed)
    Item: Power Anklet (also great for speed)

Level 42

Attack: 92
    Defense: 81
    Sp. Atk: 39
    Sp. Defense: 60
    Speed: 67 (Still working on this one.)

So...should I do it?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Umm lol

Timid is terrible on it, it is -Atk. :/ Adamant or Brave are the only natures you should ever use on Conkeldurr. Dont try and make it fast because it'll just make it suck, focus on its HP, Attack and Special Defense (120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Sp.Def is the standard EV spread). Its speed is utterly worthless and should not be bothered with. Besides it has Mach Punch for when it actually needs to attack first.

So yeah pretty much rebreed, you wont get far with that one. After rebreeding then you should evolve it, but yes evolving it is necessary there is no upside as to keeping it as its middle evo, infact its one big downside lol.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Umm lol

Timid is terrible on it, it is -Atk. :/ Adamant or Brave are the only natures you should ever use on Conkeldurr. Dont try and make it fast because it'll just make it suck, focus on its HP, Attack and Special Defense (120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Sp.Def is the standard EV spread). Its speed is utterly worthless and should not be bothered with. Besides it has Mach Punch for when it actually needs to attack first.

So yeah pretty much rebreed, you wont get far with that one. After rebreeding then you should evolve it.

Aww man. Lol, I just threw him in the daycare with a ditto. Looks like I'll be hatching Timburr eggs for awhile.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I need a moveset for Emolga, right now I want it to be a quick special attacker which pops in and out with Volt Switch. I also have Acrobatics for when I'm jammed. But I'm unsure about the two other moves.

Also, for Volcarona I have Quiver Dance, Fiery Dance, Bug Buzz but I need another move for it.

Got no idea about Emolga since I've never particularly cared about working with it but Volcarona likes Hidden Power [rock]/[ground] or Morning Sun if you don't have either of those I guess. Psychic is a last move you can use but it provides meh coverage/usability when compared with the others.

I need a Special Attack moveset for my Samurott, which I EV'd in SpA and Sp.

Right now it knows Scald, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Air Slash

I like Surf over Hydro Pump but since I've been training it I sometimes enter double battles, and Surf messes that up.I love Ice Beam, and Air Slash is an egg move but I'm 50/50 on it due to its power. Any ideas?

You want Grass Knot > Scald and Hidden Power [Fire] to hit Grass-types. SD Aqua Jet is a better moveset overall but ehh, if you've already got it trained like that it's probably fine.

Years
  • Emolga doesn't really have that great of a movepool, but I guess you could use something like:

Emolga @ Life Orb
    Modest/Timid Nature
    252 SpA/252 Spe/4 Def
    Thunderbolt
    Air Slash
    Roost
    Volt Switch

Thunderbolt and Air Slash for STAB. Roost to help with LO recoil and Volt Switch to get out of situations it doesn't want to face.

Years
  • Would this work?

I'm trying to find the most ANNOYING combo for double battles and ive come across 2 that might work. I am thinking about getting a Vaporion and a suicune, teaching them both surf, and abuse the fact that they have the warer assorb ability.

1. how well would this work?
    2. Any beter pokemon to use with this (im going to need sp. atk def and sp. def.

3. will it heal for as much as i think it would?
    4. Should I only do this for triple battles?

Any feed back would be nice and yes I will be using raindance.

*note* ive also been thinking about useing this but with flash fire instead, idk if it would work as well but just as a side note.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    ok i have a gyarados maxed its attack and speed and put th remaining 6 on its hp...
    what moves though:
    Dragon Dance
    Waterfall (physical stab move)
    Earthquake (to combat the 4x electric weakness)
    ----- (i need one more move)
    I am using it as a physical sweeper
    Also i need an item for it to hold...
    message me because i wont be checking back on here :\
    thanks for people if they help :)

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I'm trying to find the most ANNOYING combo for double battles and ive come across 2 that might work. I am thinking about getting a Vaporion and a suicune, teaching them both surf, and abuse the fact that they have the warer assorb ability.

1. how well would this work?
    2. Any beter pokemon to use with this (im going to need sp. atk def and sp. def.

3. will it heal for as much as i think it would?
    4. Should I only do this for triple battles?

Any feed back would be nice and yes I will be using raindance.

*note* ive also been thinking about useing this but with flash fire instead, idk if it would work as well but just as a side note.

I'm not a brainiac as far as double battles but it sounds... eh. I mean, yeah, you get 25% of your health back for each time but remember that the opponents can have Water Absorb too, as well as resisting Surf and setting up on it. I mean.. it doesn't sound terrible but idk. I'm not a doubles player. :(

Flash Fire wouldn't be nearly as effective as iirc the only move that hits your opponents and you is Heat Wave, and then you're not even getting recovery. Plus, the FF boost only goes once.

ok i have a gyarados maxed its attack and speed and put th remaining 6 on its hp...
    what moves though:
    Dragon Dance
    Waterfall (physical stab move)
    Earthquake (to combat the 4x electric weakness)
    ----- (i need one more move)
    I am using it as a physical sweeper
    Also i need an item for it to hold...
    message me because i wont be checking back on here :\
    thanks for people if they help :)

move 1: Dragon Dance
    move 2: Waterfall
    move 3: Stone Edge
    move 4: Earthquake / Bounce
    nature: Adamant / Jolly
    item: Life Orb
    ability: Moxie / Intimidate
    evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

Years
  • I have a sableye question,
    OK so I know sableye is weak, but it is my favorite pokemon for looks, type, and nothing is super-effective against it, thus I want to use one in my team.
    I currently have 2 sableyes I was thinking about using, both lvl 1
    The first is gentle and capable of taking hits, and the second is docile and strong willed. They both have the keen eye ability.
    So If I use one of these what should I ev train it in, or should I breed more for more specific natures and if so which natures should I try for and what should I ev train in?
    I hope this makes sense :/

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    can i have a moveset for a Tyranitar please?

name: Mixed Attacker
    move 1: Stealth Rock
    move 2: Crunch
    move 3: Fire Blast
    move 4: Ice Beam / Superpower
    item: Leftovers
    nature: Sassy
    evs: 252 HP / 180 SpA / 76 SpD

name: Specially Defensive
    move 1: Stealth Rock
    move 3: Pursuit
    move 4: Superpower
    item: Leftovers
    nature: Careful / Adamant
    evs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD

name: Choice Band
    move 1: Stone Edge
    move 3: Pursuit
    move 4: Aqua Tail
    item: Choice band
    nature: Adamant
    evs: 252 HP / 36 Atk / 220 SpD

Any of those works well.

I have a sableye question,
    OK so I know sableye is weak, but it is my favorite pokemon for looks, type, and nothing is super-effective against it, thus I want to use one in my team.
    I currently have 2 sableyes I was thinking about using, both lvl 1
    The first is gentle and capable of taking hits, and the second is docile and strong willed. They both have the keen eye ability.
    So If I use one of these what should I ev train it in, or should I breed more for more specific natures and if so which natures should I try for and what should I ev train in?
    I hope this makes sense :/

Sableye is most effective with its Prankster set (which is unreleased sadly), which is really more or less the only reason to use it at all. Otherwise it's outclassed by like every Ghost and/or Dark type. :<

If you're really bent on using one, might as well use a support-ish set.

sableye @ leftovers
    ability: keen eye
    bold nature (+def -atk)
    252hp/252def/4spD
    ~will-o-wisp
    ~taunt/toxic
    ~seismic toss/night shade
    ~recover

Nashton

A Trainer Of Great Skill.
    Years
  • Excadrill with sand rush

adamant or jolly?
    ev
    252 atk
    252 spe
    4 in Hp

moveset

protect
    earthquake
    rockslide
    x-scissor/ poison jab.(not sure)

its for a doubles team where ferrothorn sets up sandstorm.
    or could i do a better set?
    i would like to know what you think?

Back