• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Team / Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Hi all, ive decided to revisit an old favorite of mine, houndoom. It looks like its best suited to special sweeping, so have a look

Houndoom@Focus sash
    Timid
    252Sp.Att/252Spd/4HP
    Nasty Plot
    Flamethrower
    Dark Pulse
    HP[???]

Nasty plot start, survives with sash, proceeds to sweep. I'd probably go with HP water, but I haven't had a chance to think it through. Any help would be nice :)

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
    Years
    Are you kidding me? I love the 4th gen changes. Especially the physical/special split. It's just not fair that a Pokemon with great stats haas to be held back just because of the fact that it's Special Attack is a large base and its STABs are physical. Kingler is the perfect example of this.

Plus with Shadow Ball going physical, we can finally call Gengar and Alakazam a rivalry (Gengar wins)

Shadow Ball WAS physical, and is now special.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hi all, ive decided to revisit an old favorite of mine, houndoom. It looks like its best suited to special sweeping, so have a look

Houndoom@Focus sash
    Timid
    252Sp.Att/252Spd/4HP
    Nasty Plot
    Flamethrower
    Dark Pulse
    HP[???]

Nasty plot start, survives with sash, proceeds to sweep. I'd probably go with HP water, but I haven't had a chance to think it through. Any help would be nice :)

Last Slot should be Hidden power Ground for T-Tar and Heatran who wall you otherwise.

Does anyone know a good special wall from 4th Gen?

Blissey@leftovers
    Bold Nature
    252 HP / 252 DEF / 6 SP.DEF OR 148 HP / 104 SP.ATT / 252 DEF / 4 SP.DEF
    Trait : - Natural Cure
    - Seismic Toss
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunderwave / Aromatherapy / Sing
    - Softboiled

Is /THE/ special wall.

Seismic toss allows for it to inflict damage.

Ice Beam allows idiotic bulky ground types to feel pain when they switch in expecting thunderwave and so ghosts with Substitiute dont wall you and set up and most notably prevent Garchomp and other dragons from using you as set up fodder.

Thunderwave Cripples sweepers, whilst Aromatherapy heals the rest of your team. Sing may seem a strange choice given its low accuracy, but is good given Electivire is prone to switch in and get a motor drive if it predicts the more common thunderwave, sing takes that threat out of the match.

Needs max def and bold nature so it does not die to tackle lol, which allows it to survive Cross Chops from Electivire and Close Combats from mixape. It doesnt need many if any sp.def evs as it has ridiculously high hp and already high enough sp.def.

1st evs spread is more defensive.

Second ev spread allows to to pack more power on ice Beam.

Snorlax @ Leftovers
    Trait: Thick Fat
    EVs: 76 HP / 44 Atk / 136 Def / 252 SpD
    Careful Nature (+Sdef, -Satk)
    - Curse
    - Earthquake / Fire Punch / Crunch
    - Body Slam
    - Rest.

Another good choice for a sp.wall, the curselax.

Curse allows you to pack alot of power and raise your defense, so your psuedo invincible on both defensive fronts after a couple.

Earthquake for coverage, most notably against Tyranitar and the like whom resist your main STAB move. Fire Punch is for Skarmory who will commonly come in to Whirlwind you away whilst you curse. Crunch is for ghosts whom are not at all phazed by Body slam.

Body Slam is a nasty move that gains STAB and has a high paralysis rate which is good for crippling sweepers.

Rest is your instant healing move.

Last edited:

Arcknight316

left pc
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2008
    On my Moltres, should I run HP Grass or HP Ground? Grass is for general coverage, but Ground murders Heatran. Here is my current Moltres:

Moltres @ Life Orb
    Modest / Pressure (If I can run ModestOrb on Porygon-Z, then I can run it on Moltres)
    Flamethrower
    HP Grass
    Air Slash
    Extrasensory

Geeked

Pokemon Crimson Version
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2012
    Mild Gengar
    i need evs moves item(the whole nine yards)

shedinjask

all about how to pokemoning
    Years
    Moltres needs HP Ground or Fight. Grass is ok if you have a good Heatran counter.

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
    64 HP/252 SAttk/192 Spd -- Mild
    Shadow Ball
    Thunderbolt
    HP Ice
    Focus Blast

Destiny Bond, Hypnosis, Explosion, and Focus Punch are also options.

evilcheese

God I am so freakin lazy
    Years
    HP means hidden power and it can be any type so ice is in there

can anyone give me a cursespert (swampert) moveset?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back