• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Move Set Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serious

Ev'ing is for the talentless
Years
  • Hi, I just traded for a lonely Mewtwo ^.^ problem is its a compleate wreck as it only knows fire blast and facade. Help would be appreciated, thanks :)

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Hi, I just traded for a lonely Mewtwo ^.^ problem is its a compleate wreck as it only knows fire blast and facade. Help would be appreciated, thanks :)

I'm afraid lonely is one of the worse nature available to mewtwo, helping neither his SpAtt or his Speed, and reducing the effectiveness of his bulk-up and subPunching sets. Check here for sets, should you choose not to try and get another nature.

Oh and thanks aircon, primape's looking promising atm.

Serious

Years
  • I'm afraid lonely is one of the worse nature available to mewtwo, helping neither his SpAtt or his Speed, and reducing the effectiveness of his bulk-up and subPunching sets. Check here for sets, should you choose not to try and get another nature.

Oh and thanks aircon, primape's looking promising atm.

Thanks for the link and the advice :) I have no idea how this mewtwo got into this state, no evs (probably a good thing cuz the ot is a noob) and only two moves, he didnt even replace them! they are not even any good!

Serious

Years
  • Houndoom and Mightyena aren't first gen. And as Gofre already said, Lickilicky was considered, but he's BL, not UU.

Is he? hmm...must read up again on teirs, looks like I got rusty. Well....Its hard to suggest for 1st gen......Could have used mewtwo but he is uber....Arcanine is bl......I think you will need to branch out a generation for a team rocket team..... yea you may want to consider 2nd gen as well unles you want unevolved pokemon in your line up.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
  • @ABY - Just use CC / Crunch / HP Ice with a Life Orb, Jolly 200 Attack / 56 SpA / 252 Spe to down Gliscor which will be Lucario's greatest bane. Weezing is not used a lot in OU due to its lack of a reliable recovery move, so the prime target is Gliscor.

If you wish a Naive nature could be used in place of Jolly, allowing HP Ice to hit harder and 2HKO Zapdos after SR damage.

Better?

Last move would be XSpeed?

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
  • Hi guys, I posted a topic here but it hasn't gotten approved, and it's probably because I should post it here.

So anyway, I have a question regarding a moveset for Arcanine. Suppose he's natured in ATK and EVed in ATK and SPD. My proposed movepool should be something like this:

Howl
    Extremespeed
    HP Grass (I think, considerng it covers his weaknesses)
    Overheat / Flare Blitz

So my question is, should the last move be Overheat or Flare Blitz? The way I see it, Flare Blitz takes advantage of the physical attack, and it has more PP and Accuracy, while being only slightly weaker (though while STABed and possibly with Flash Fire, that doesn't matter too much). It has a recoil damage, though Leftovers does somewhat help with that.

So what do you all think? I ask because I've seen guides that go with Overheat instead. He does have a decent SP ATK but it then lowers his SP ATK so you basically get one in and that's it. I think Flare Blitz is a much better option.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • Hi guys, I posted a topic here but it hasn't gotten approved, and it's probably because I should post it here.

The system works!

So anyway, I have a question regarding a moveset for Arcanine. Suppose he's natured in ATK and EVed in ATK and SPD.

That's confusing. Just give the nature and the exact EVs.

My proposed movepool should be something like this:
    It's moveSET. MovePOOL refers to all of the moves a Pokemon can learn, while moveSET refers to what's currently on that Pokemon (and generally includes EVs and items).

Howl
    Extremespeed
    HP Grass (I think, considerng it covers his weaknesses)
    Overheat / Flare Blitz

So my question is, should the last move be Overheat or Flare Blitz? The way I see it, Flare Blitz takes advantage of the physical attack, and it has more PP and Accuracy, while being only slightly weaker (though while STABed and possibly with Flash Fire, that doesn't matter too much). It has a recoil damage, though Leftovers does somewhat help with that.

So what do you all think? I ask because I've seen guides that go with Overheat instead. He does have a decent SP ATK but it then lowers his SP ATK so you basically get one in and that's it. I think Flare Blitz is a much better option.

I don't really know what I'm looking at here. It looks like some half-assed mix of a set up sweeper and a Specs user. First off, if you're going to keep Howl, ditch the special attacks. They won't do crap, as Arcanine doesn't have any SAtk EVs. So yeah, go with Flare Blitz, and maybe Thunder Fang for the last move.

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
  • The system works!

That's confusing. Just give the nature and the exact EVs.

I don't really know what I'm looking at here. It looks like some half-assed mix of a set up sweeper and a Specs user. First off, if you're going to keep Howl, ditch the special attacks. They won't do crap, as Arcanine doesn't have any SAtk EVs. So yeah, go with Flare Blitz, and maybe Thunder Fang for the last move.

Heh sorry yeah I meant moveset, lost my train of thought there I guess.

Anyway, it's just a hypothetical. Assuming he has a nature that adds attack (we'll say it takes away Def) and he has 252 EVs in ATK and SPD, with 6 in, let's say HP. That would give him stats that should look something like this.

HP - 291
    ATK - 350
    DEF - 148
    SP ATK - 205
    SP DEF - 165
    SPD - 289

I would think his SP ATK is still decent enough to keep HP Grass, but if you think not I suppose you know more than me. (Not being sarcasting here.)

But thanks for the advice.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • Anyway, it's just a hypothetical. Assuming he has a nature that adds attack (we'll say it takes away Def) and he has 252 EVs in ATK and SPD, with 6 in, let's say HP.

Nobody gives a crap if it's hypothetical or not. Just say:

Arcanine @ Item (speaking of which, his item is kinda important. Be sure to specify)
    Lonely
    252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 6 HP

Much quicker, and gets things across much more easily.

That would give him stats that should look something like this.

HP - 291
    ATK - 350
    DEF - 148
    SP ATK - 205
    SP DEF - 165
    SPD - 289

I would think his SP ATK is still decent enough to keep HP Grass, but if you think not I suppose you know more than me. (Not being sarcasting here.)

First off, that SAtk is pretty low. Not to mention that coming off of it is a 70 BP move (at best) that's only worth the bother against Swampert. If you're worried about Waters, just go Thunder Fang- it hits them SE, has a higher BP than HP Grass, and comes off of a somewhat impressive 350 Atk stat.

Romo_Owens

Young Money
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2008
    Hey What do people think of this moveset?

Heracross @ Fire Orb
    Adamant
    Guts
    252 atk/252 spd

-Megahorn
    -Close Combat/ Focus Punch
    -Stone Edge
    -Night Slash/Shadow Claw/Pursuit/Swords Dance

The Main point of this set is to wait through the first turn, make Heracross get burned by the Fire Orb, and get a 1.3x attack boost from it, then at the end of the first turn, get burned and recieve another 1.5x boost from guts. The set is similar to the choice band heracross, the only difference is that it receives a greater boost than choice Band, and can alternate between it's moves but of course the down side is the recoil damage from the burn.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
  • That set has actually been thought up already. It uses Swords Dance in one of those colums, but I can't remember. Very painful, yet it lost to a Dusknoir, even after a burn & SD. That was a cheap shot at DA.

EDIT:Without Swords Dance, it recieves less of a boost. Guts & Choice Band both boost moves by 50%. Guts AND Choice Band gives you double attack. Guts & Swords Dance gives you a 150% boost.

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
  • Hey What do people think of this moveset?

Heracross @ Fire Orb
    Jolly
    Guts
    252 atk/252 spd

-Megahorn
    -Close Combat
    -Facade
    -Swords Dance

The Main point of this set is to wait through the first turn, make Heracross get burned by the Fire Orb, and get a 1.3x attack boost from it, then at the end of the first turn, get burned and recieve another 1.5x boost from guts. The set is similar to the choice band heracross, the only difference is that it receives a greater boost than choice Band, and can alternate between it's moves but of course the down side is the recoil damage from the burn.

Or you SD, Burn Orb activates, boosting your attack thanks to Guts, then you have 2 120 BP STAB moves and a 140 BP move to sweep with. Usual counters are taken care of, but then you get some other counters that standard Hera doesn't have to deal with

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
  • Lol I wasn't trying to show off, just trying to show that the moveset that Romo came up with has already been done and is very effective

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back