• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Moveset / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    [jq]Ok. Should I keep Zapdos? And what other kinds of pokemon should I have? Would you know?[/jq]
    Yeah, just keep Zapdos, the other legendary birds kind of suck because you need to pack RS support to make them last. Zapdos needs something to get rid of Blissey, Tyranitar (though I usually it is a bad option as it kills off Zapdos too quickly), Machamp, Metagross, Snorlax, etc do good for the role. If you are using HP Ice, then having Celebi or Tangrowth would be great to get rid of Swampert and Rhyperior. There is tons of options to choose from.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Ok. So is OU "better" than all tiers besides Uber? (I'm kind of new to shoddy)
    All the tiers are good to play in (Uber, OU, UU, NU, etc). You can only use Zapdos in OU and Uber because Zapdos is in OU, therefore banned from the lower tiers (UU and NU).

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Ahh ok. Well I was asking because I'm signed up for the tourney, and I was wondering if I should get my whole team from OU or not. As Ubers are banned and that's the only team I have atm.
    Oh, okay. :x There are some Pokemon from UU that are usable, like Porygon2, Tangrowth, Uxie, Yanmega, etc. Just make sure you are using a Pokemon that isn't horribly outclassed. e.g. I use Blaziken instead of using Infernape because he's cooler.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2009
    swampert

curse
    brickbreak
    earthquake
    rest

ludicolo

seismic toss / ice beam?
    Leech seed
    toxic
    rain dance

Skarmory

spike
    drill peck
    rest
    whirlwind

dusclops

will o wisp
    Shadow ball
    seismic toss / sleep talk
    pain split / Rest

Breloom

Focus punch
    Spore
    substitute
    hidden power ghost/rock?

Manectric

Thunderbolt
    thunderwave
    Crunch?
    Hidden power grass/ice/water?

need help on what to use on moves with ? on them

and do you guys think that this team will get owned by a dragon like altaria or flygon?

if so should i change my cursepert to a mixpert with ice beam?or should i insert a gengar or aero somewhere?

and this is only for R/S tourny's with the latest bans i think

thanks in advance!

Last edited:

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Hey me and some friends are going retro and having RBY and GSC tourneys since we found our old carts.
    How do you EV train in those games, I know it used a different system than DPP.

Mectricmon

Centre stage
    Years
    swampert

curse
    brickbreak
    earthquake
    rest

ludicolo
    Surf
    Leech seed
    toxic
    Ice beam

Skarmory

spike
    drill peck
    rest
    whirlwind

dusclops

will o wisp
    Shadow punch
    seismic toss / sleep talk
    pain split / Rest

Breloom

Focus punch
    Spore
    substitute
    leech seed

Manectric
    depends what nature and if you want a special or physical or mixed sweeper
    Thunderbolt
    thunderwave
    Crunch?
    Hidden power grass/ice/water?

need help on what to use on moves with ? on them

and do you guys think that this team will get owned by a dragon like altaria or flygon?
    probably

if so should i change my cursepert to a mixpert with ice beam?Yes (to kill dragons)

and this is only for R/S tourny's with the latest bans i think

thanks in advance!

changes in bold, i could help more if i can have some more info (natures,evs,items)

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    [jq]and do you guys think that this team will get owned by a dragon like altaria or flygon?[/jq]
    No, Skarmory handles Altaria great, Fire Blast fails to OHKO (or maybe not 2HKO) Skarmory. Skarmory is a perfect wall for Flygon also, you just don't want to be out-predicted by the opponent with Fire Punch/Fire Blast. ;x

Pirate Dave

かいぞく デイヴ
    Years
    Is Choice Scarf Raichu a viable option?

He isnt exactly bulky so I figure he needs to go first most if not all of the time.

Something like this:

Request an Individual Moveset  / Incomplete Team Help Thread
    @
    Request an Individual Moveset  / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Hasty / Naive
    252 Spe / 152 Atk / 104 SpA
    • Volt Tackle / Thunder Punch
    • Brick Break
    • Grass Knot
    • HP Ice / Signal Beam / Focus Blast (EDIT:- Oops I already have Brick Break)

Not sure about the fourth move as you can see, basically I have no idea whether Raichu is even usable or not lol. Any and all help is appreciated.

PS: If you refrain from using the phrase, '…beyond <adjective>…' you get a smiley face.

Last edited:

NAPS

BlasterMaster
    Years
    Review My Lugia

Lugia, Calm, Lv.100 - HP: 378 (31/100) | Atk: 183 (19/0) | Def: 298 (8/100) | Sp.Atk: 201 (16/0) | Sp.Def: 374 (25/10) | Spd: 239 (14/0) | Hidden Power: 36, FIRE | Format: stat (IV/EP)

Item: Leftovers

Moves:
    - Aeroblast (Not sure if i should replace with Substitute)
    - Calm Mind
    - Recover
    - Psychic

Although the Def IV is 8 i think for the effort i put in this is a damn good Lugia, still need to max out the EP's though. Opinions??

NAPS

BlasterMaster
    Years
    Ok apart from Calm Mind what is your opinion? Calm Mind sucks in your opinion but im sure many, many people would beg to differ.

Years
    Lugia is meant to be a special wall/attacker in Ubers so Calm Mind is a fine move for it. Aeroblast is sucky and Psychic is done better by many others in the ubers metagame. Ice Beam and Thunder (in Ubers, Kyogre is legal so this is very useful) are better choices of attacking moves. Go with Roost over Recover. Lugia is weak to rock type attacks which can easily be negated by getting rid of its flying attribute aka using Roost.

The nature is meh since it already has a high enough sp. def. Timid or Bold would've been preferable. EVs for the set I described should be 252 HP/192 Speed/66 Def.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back