• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request an Individual Moveset / Incomplete Team Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kleinchen

boldly going
Years
    • CA
    • Seen Jun 4, 2013
    Phew, ok, thanks. That's a big relief. n.n; I couldn't understand why it would be illegal either... Maybe I was just reading something that was outdated or something, but I do remember reading it. xD; Thanks for the clarification.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2009
    Ok, here's my first shot. I'm asking about two Pokemon simply because I don't know which one to use. Here they are:

Ursaring @ Flame Orb:
    Ability: Guts
    252 Atk, 128 Def, 128 Spd
    Moves:
    -Bulk Up
    -Aerial Ace
    -Facade
    -Earthquake

Snorlax @ Focus Band:
    252 HP, 252 Atk, 6 Def
    Ability: Thick Fat
    Moves:
    -Rest
    -Belly Drum
    -Earthquake
    -Double Edge (open to suggestions, Giga Impact?)

ouch tought choice since i like both but ill go wit ursaring simply cuz i like him more and that flame orb and facade is always a good combo but iif u looking for a normal type then go with

Clefable@toxic/flame/life orb (toxic/flame orb simply cuz magic guard makes you take no damage from them and protect you from non damaging status)(life orb is always great XD )
    ability: Magic guard
    252 Atk, 128 Def, 128 Spd
    facade/return(facade is flame/toxic orb, return is life orb)
    moonlight
    and any other 2 moves you want

HashBrownJM

Decade-Old League Champion
    Years
  • Well, if I was to use Clefable I'd want a Toxic Orb on it, right? Flame Orb will burn it, causing it to lose Atk. Toxic Orb will poison it and it'll just not take any damage.

Isn't Clefable kind of overused? I've seen it on a lot of people's lists.

Is it's Atk. even comparable to Ursaring with Guts + Facade?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Well, if I was to use Clefable I'd want a Toxic Orb on it, right? Flame Orb will burn it, causing it to lose Atk. Toxic Orb will poison it and it'll just not take any damage.

Isn't Clefable kind of overused? I've seen it on a lot of people's lists.

Is it's Atk. even comparable to Ursaring with Guts + Facade?

Yeah dont listen to him, that was bad advice. >_<

Toxic orb on Clefabel always.

No Clefable is UU.

And no its attacks is no where near as high as Ursaring's. >.<

Also Softboiled >> Moonlight.

HashBrownJM

Years
  • So what say you of Ursaring's EVs? Think I should put the Speed ones all into Defense, or vice versa? And if we put them into Defense, are we going for tank? So do we want Bulk Up still, a purely defense ability, or something like Rest to restore his life?

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • So what say you of Ursaring's EVs? Think I should put the Speed ones all into Defense, or vice versa? And if we put them into Defense, are we going for tank? So do we want Bulk Up still, a purely defense ability, or something like Rest to restore his life?

Well what do you plan on using it for? Besides a Choice Band or Swords Dance set, his options are pretty limited. If you do actually want to run Bulk Up, I'd give him max HP and something close to max Special Defense. Attack EVs probably aren't necessary since one boost is going to give him something like 450 Attack. I can't really be specific since most spreads are tailored to specific goals =(

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    I want a choice scarf set w/ trick special based (any pokemon) please preferably good agaisnt fighting types.

HashBrownJM

Years
  • Well what do you plan on using it for? Besides a Choice Band or Swords Dance set, his options are pretty limited. If you do actually want to run Bulk Up, I'd give him max HP and something close to max Special Defense. Attack EVs probably aren't necessary since one boost is going to give him something like 450 Attack. I can't really be specific since most spreads are tailored to specific goals =(

I was wanting to make him something that would get incredibly strong fast and hit like a tank, taking things out in 1 hit, 2 hits max. However you suggested him as a tank, so I'm open to suggestions.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • I want a choice scarf set w/ trick special based (any pokemon) please preferably good against fighting types.

Gengar, Alakazam, Latias, Starmie, Jirachi, and the Rotom Formes are all specially-based pokemon that learn trick. I can't really list all these sets, but generally, they all want max speed and special attack with a speed boosting nature. In addition to Trick, they want three special attacks that maintain the best coverage.

I was wanting to make him something that would get incredibly strong fast and hit like a tank, taking things out in 1 hit, 2 hits max. However you suggested him as a tank, so I'm open to suggestions.

Then you'll probably want to try either Swords Dance or Choice Band:

Ursaring @ Leftovers
    Adamant - Guts
    228 HP / 252 Attack / 12 Defense / 12 Special Defense / 6 Speed
    - Swords Dance
    - Return / Body Slam
    - Fire Punch
    - Earthquake

Ursaring @ Choice Band
    Adamant - Guts
    252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP
    - Return / Body Slam
    - Crunch
    - Fire Punch
    - Earthquake

After a Swords Dance, Ursaring gets ridiculously powerful. You can also slap a Choice Band on him and forgo setting up. But his slowness is really off-putting to most people as plenty of things can outspeed and KO him before he has a chance to attack. That said, he's much better off in UU, where he can actually do some serious damaga when played correctly.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back