• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Reset on battle?

Phasesaber

Software Engineer turned Pokemon Hacker
Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2024
    I was testing new starters sprites on my ROM when I noticed the game went back to the GameFreak logo when I told Bulbasaur to use Tackle. I tried again, thinking I had hit some keybind in VBA, when the game reset again. I've got a lot of things in this ROM, and I'd like to fix it rather than start over. I tried all my backups and they all had this bug, which I thought I would have noticed. I believe the problem is some pointer error, because I've been messing a lot with scripts.

Here's a list of some things I have in it:
    1. link491s DS ROM Base v1.6.1 (grass fix) -> This alone works fine
    2. Advance IntroED: Mewtwo sound and Bayleef (resprited) -> This with the above works fine
    3. XSE Scripts all over the place
    4. Resprited Starters, Poliwhirl Family, and Bayleef Family
    5. Custom Maps using the oldish version of Advance Map

Below is an IPS of my ROM. It works up until your first battle with your rival. Thanks for reading!

Edit: It also resets after I try to catch a Pokemon.

Edit 2: It reset after trying to catch a Pokemon because it tried to use a move! For some reason, moves are broken. I haven't change/added/removed any moves, so I don't know what could have caused it, or how to fix it.

Last edited:

daniilS

busy trying to do stuff not done yet
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2024
    You have overwritten part of an important routine at 0801933B for some reason. Restore that and you should be fine.

Back