• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Resizing frames for back sprites

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2017
    I'm trying to unify the trainer backsprites so that they fit the Pokemon Black/White style, but I'm having trouble with the throwing animation. My frames are 144 pixels wide and 248 high; the whole picture is 720 pixels wide. When the player throws the ball, instead of showing each of the 5 frames, it shows a cut image of the sprite sheet.

I don't know where to go to fix the frame sizes in the script.

I'm really sorry if this sounds super-asinine, even for the things I've been asking.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    The trainer backsprite file's frames must be square, but may be any size. The whole graphic can have any number of frames in it, but the animation currently only supports either 1 (static) or 5 (1 static plus 4 throwing) frames. Any additional frames are unused by default.

Back