• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] Restarting the Random Challenge

Duck

🦆 quack quack
Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    I need a bit of a break from Kanto / Johto, so let's go with Hoenn

Forum Username: von Sternen
    Game Version: Emerald
    Number of Pokemon: 4
    Exclude NFEs: No
    National Dex: Yes
    Restrictions: None

metroid711

Thumbs up~
    Years
  • I need a bit of a break from Kanto / Johto, so let's go with Hoenn

Forum Username: von Sternen
    Game Version: Emerald
    Restrictions: None

alright! well since you only asked for 4 here's the ones I pulled:
    Absol
    absol.png

Vileplume
    vileplume.png

Treecko
    treecko.png

aaaand Wobbuffet
    wobbuffet.png

bit of an odd teamset so I hope you get the most out of it!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • found my what i thought was lost copy of white 2 a while back so hey why not. i don't know when i'll start this? ...now that i think about it, i put it somewhere thinking "i'll remember where i put it" but i'm starting to think i already lost it again.........well anyway

Forum Username: sydian
    Game Version: white 2
    Number of Pokemon: 6
    Exclude NFEs: yes
    National Dex: No
    Restrictions: at least one party member before the 1st gym but please not azumarill bc i just used one (prayer emoji)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Okay, shoot sorry, I didn't pay attention,,,

ampharos.png
    dunsparce.png
    garbodor.png
    zebstrika.png
    floatzel.png
    563.png

going to go w this one since it was pulled first. thank you! might try to start today, it's bugging me now that i found my white 2 cart a while back and put it somewhere saying "i'll remember" and now i don't lol

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Spr_B2W2_Beauty.png

beauty alli / white 2 / badges: 1

Spr_5b_179.png

perry lv. 14 @ oran berry
    static / relaxed
    tackle / cotton spore / thundershock / thunder wave

started w snivy bc i thought that since i'd be stuck w mareep and dunsparce for a long time, tepig line might make it more difficult for me to fight idk. it took me way too long to find a mareep, but i eventually did and boxed snivy. typical beginning of the game stuff happened and i took out cheren after a second attempt. first attempt i should have just went for thunder wave instead of going for thundershock lol idk i think that second attempt was more luck than anything. anyway, we got a badge so yay.

metroid711

Thumbs up~
    Years
  • Okay! so besides doing gym to gym updates on here, I also am gonna be keeping a more spread out log thread on my twitter, so I suppose anyone interested in keeping a closer eye on it I'll keep putting more updates there and larger ones here. https://twitter.com/metroid711/status/1345611771520970757

But as for the full update:
    Spoiler:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Spr_B2W2_Beauty.png

beauty alli / white 2 / badges: 2

Spr_5b_180.png

perry lv. 19 @ silk scarf
    static / relaxed
    return / cotton spore / thundershock / thunder wave

Spr_5b_206.png

benjamin lv. 17 @ pecha berry
    serene grace / hasty
    rollout / defense curl / screech / pursuit

the worst part of this update is the hunt for dunsparce. it's already annoying bc it's a shaking grass pokemon, but hey, it's 10%. i've done worse. but the first two dunsparce i found and caught had run away...no thanks lol. i thankfully found my third and final dunsparce shortly after the second, but the hunt in general took about an hour. catching it up to flaaffy wasn't hard, at least. roxie's gym though i have nothing to really say about lol. i used dunsparce to set up w the defense curl + rollout strat a la whitney and that was that. gonna save here bc i don't wanna do the pokestar studios thing rn...i'll regret this tomorrow when i'm ready to just dive into the game lol. oh well.

metroid711

Thumbs up~
    Years
  • 2nd update for today, since the 2nd and 3rd gyms were so close I thought I'd do them both in succession:
    Spoiler:

I forgot to do this last time, but I usually do a team recap every time for this:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2024
    Forum Username: Pluckles
    Game Version: Platinum
    Number of Pokemon: Any amount is fine, your choice
    Restrictions: Maybe at least one before the first gym, but no sweat if you can't.

I'll be starting this after my nuzlocke on Platinum

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Forum Username: Pluckles
    Game Version: Platinum
    Number of Pokemon: Any amount is fine, your choice
    Restrictions: Maybe at least one before the first gym, but no sweat if you can't.

I'll be starting this after my nuzlocke on Platinum

here ya go, let me know if you need a reroll.

Spr_4p_280.png
    Spr_4p_125.png
    Spr_4p_428.png
    Spr_4p_471.png
    Spr_4p_403_m.png
    Spr_4p_421S.png

Years
    • He / Him
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024

Update #1:
    I had to restart my run because my savefile got corrupted so I'm just speeding through this after finally having motivation to do it again.

Started with Snivy to get my Panpour later on in the dreamyard so everything went smoothly, I left out a couple of optional trainers for me to give Panpour a bit more exp later on. After getting Panpour and boxing Snivy, I grinded a bit againts the wild mons up until my starter's level and took on Cheren (which is actually easy now considering the type match-up). The gym was pretty normal, funnily enough, the Lillipups are what I had trouble againts. The first trainer wasn't that hard but Pour was knocked down to half health so I had to go heal, the second one wasn't too bad considering it was only a Patrat and a Purrloin (Missed a lot from Sand-Attack though).

The battle againts Chili was fun. I was lucky that Lillipup didn't use Work-Up at all, but the amount of damage he does with tackle was very scary, I had to pop a Potion just when he used one as well. After the Lillipup though, the Pansear was a clear-pass.

---

Current Team:
    panpour.png

Pour | Naughty | Gluttony | Lvl. 13
    Scratch - Leer - Lick - Water Gun​

Years
  • Forum Username: Kostucha
    Game Version: Heart Gold
    Exclude NFEs: Yes
    Restrictions: No Wobbuffet/legendaries

metroid711

Thumbs up~
    Years
  • Update number 3, probably will be one or two more after this.

Spoiler:

Current Team:
    Spoiler:

See you all in the next post!

Edit: Just realized the name for the Toxapex was a letter off, fixed it after noticing it in the screenshots just now lol

Years
  • Update #4 on Ultra Moon run

Plot
    Spoiler:

Team
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Final Update on Ultra Moon run

Plot
    Spoiler:

Team
    Spoiler:

Screenshot
    Spoiler:

Kinda been wanting to play Silver for a while, so that'll be up next!

Forum Username: lillipup03
    Game Version: Silver
    Number of Pokemon: 6
    Exclude NFEs: Yes
    Restrictions: No Trade Evolutions, no Gold exclusives, at least 5 Pokemon by the end of Johto, and no more than two Pokemon of the same type (don't count Normal/Flying as Normal type)

Back