• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] Restarting the Random Challenge

Years
  • I'm looking for a reason to play Ultra Sun one more time before Sword/Shield come out.

There dosen't seem to be anyone needing me to roll for them, so...

Forum Username: Allosawyou
    Game Version: Ultra Sun
    Number of Pokemon: 6
    Exclude NFEs: Yes; with exception of Trade Evos [Bar Clampearl]
    National Dex: No
    Restrictions: Not so much a restriction, more I don't want to do an extended solo run because those just end up as you overlerveling and smashing everything, so if it rolls that way, feel free to do a couple of extra rolls for 'placeholder' teammates for me to use until lategame ones show up. Just make the placeholders clear. I'd say use placeholders if I'm below 2 members at the end of Melemele; 4 at end of Akala and 5 at the end of Ula'Ula.

Also I'm fine using NFE's for Trade Evos; such as Kadabra; Haunter; Machoke; with the exception of Clampearl because Clampearl is basically unusable.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2024
    @EccentricEncylopedia
    Of course! That'll be a plusle if that's alright with you.

That's perfect. I didn't used any of those pokemon in emerald as far i can remember, so this will be a fun run. Thank you for rolling for me!

@Allosawyou
    Forum Username: Allosawyou
    Game Version: Ultra Sun
    Exclude NFEs: Yes; with exception of Trade Evos [Bar Clampearl]
    Restrictions: Not so much a restriction, more I don't want to do an extended solo run because those just end up as you overlerveling and smashing everything, so if it rolls that way, feel free to do a couple of extra rolls for 'placeholder' teammates for me to use until lategame ones show up. Just make the placeholders clear. I'd say use placeholders if I'm below 2 members at the end of Melemele; 4 at end of Akala and 5 at the end of Ula'Ula.

Since i don't own neither US nor UM, a quick look in the pokedex reveled that this roll was good one:
    Weavile
    Magnezone
    Wishiwashi (SCHOOL form)
    Forrestress
    Gumshoos
    Cradily
    So, if you want do re-roll, feel free to do so.

Now, let's start the fun:
    LOG #1 --- From Littleroot to Petalburg Woods.
    Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 30, 2020
    Forum Username: Eolith
    Game Version: Platinum
    Number of Pokemon: 4
    Exclude NFEs: Yes
    Restrictions: One Pokemon obtainable before 1st gym (non-starter), others all after first gym. No two Pokemon with exact same typing, but one type can be shared if multitype.

Superjolt

Put some [b][color=Red]color[/color][/b] in your l
    Years
  • Forum Username: Eolith
    Game Version: Platinum
    Number of Pokemon: 4
    Restrictions: One Pokemon obtainable before 1st gym (non-starter), others all after first gym. No two Pokemon with exact same typing, but one type can be shared if multitype.
    Hello! Your team is:

Rotom
    Bibarel
    Kricketune
    Gallade

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 30, 2020
    Hello! Your team is:

Rotom
    Bibarel
    Kricketune
    Gallade

Heya, thanks for the response! Only problem is that I can get two of these before the first gym, I probably should have been more specific in my description on the ruling with that. To elaborate, I was hoping to have only one of my Pokemon be attainable before the primary gym battle.

Superjolt

Put some [b][color=Red]color[/color][/b] in your l
    Years
  • Heya, thanks for the response! Only problem is that I can get two of these before the first gym, I probably should have been more specific in my description on the ruling with that. To elaborate, I was hoping to have only one of my Pokemon be attainable before the primary gym battle.
    Ohhhh okay, in that case Bibarel or Kricketune can be Skuntank instead! :)

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2024
    @MudkipMafia
    Can someone re-roll my Dragonite and Ambipom for Ultra Moon? I believe they are postgame only

There you go:
    Sharpedo
    Menectric

That was not the first roll, but the other ones seemed kinda common or late-game, if you wanna Arcanine, Lycanroc and Palossand were one of the other rolls.

Last edited:
    Years
  • @MiKyu22

I completely forgot that the fossil pokemon are completely asinine to obtain in USUM. You have to have a Rank 3 Isle Aphun [Requireing 60 pokemon minimum in your boxes]; and then it's a Very Rare outcome for a mission which takes 24 hours. And that very rare slot is shared with every single fossil+Golden Bottlecaps. Basically it's like Munchlax on honey trees level of stupid. If I was in Ultra Moon it would be alright; since it's an option from Olivia. But in Ultra Sun you get the Claw Fossil instead and have to Pokepelago for Root.

Sneasel isn't available until literally right before the E4, but I plan to do postgame so I'll keep that one.

I'd like a re-roll on Craydily however. It's just too time-consuming to obtain. Sword/Shield could actually be out by the time I get a Root Fossil.

Or just swap it out for Armaldo; which is basically the version counterpart.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2024
    @Allosawyou

Oh, i didn't now Cradily would be such a hassle to get. You can use Armaldo without problem.

Years
  • There you go:
    Sharpedo
    Menectric

That was not the first roll, but the other ones seemed kinda common or late-game, if you wanna Arcanine, Lycanroc and Palossand were one of the other rolls.

Confirming team of Primarina, Hariyama, Masquerain, Sharpedo, Manectric, and Metagross. Funny that 5/6 are Hoenn mons, should be fun!

Years
  • Right; so it seems I post the progress of my Challenge here; so here goes:

Random Pokemon Given:

Gumshoos
    Magnezone
    Wishiwashi
    Armaldo
    Foretress
    Weavile

Immediately I can see where my first major challenge is going to be! The team has worked out surprisingly balanced, even with two Bug-types and two Steel-types, also, this list of pokemon, besides Magnezone, are all pokemon I've never actually used in an in-game playthrough.

I push through all the intro. God Gen 7 why do you stop me every 5 steps? I chose Rowlet for this part because Popplio should be easy to handle with Magnemite.

Then I realise that what I think is the first problem isn't the first problem. The first problem is Hau 2. Yungoos is a physical attacker; and Pichu has Charm. So Yungoos needs to be strong enough to deal with both Pichu and Popplio; despite Growls and Charms.

I catch Yungoos; it's Naughty Nature with Strong Jaw, so that's good. I grind on Route 1 to Lv8; which takes quite a long time. The difficulty of this battle entirely depends on what Pichu does. Chomper immediately takes Pichu to red... and it uses Charm. Worst-case scenario. Although no Static. Since I'm -2 Attack I give Popplio a Leer, but even after that Popplio Growls and Tackle is a 4~5HKO. Popplio's Water Gun is a 3HKO. Also; Hau's Popplio is Female. Despite trainer's pokemon usually having genders lining up with their own; and Popplio having a 12.5% female ratio [despite it's obviously feminine design in later forms...]

Luckily; Popplio keeps Growling mostly; and I only take a 2nd Water Gun from outside Torrent Range. If Popplio Water Guned once more I'd have lost [Well; I'd have been forced to just spam Growls with Rowlet until I was KO'ed; since I can't box Rowlet yet.]

I catch a Magnemite; but it has Magnet Pull. Frankly; to have any shot against Hala; I need Sturdy; so, I go catch more. And yes; Hala is obviously going to be an absolute nightmare with nothing but a Normal-type and a Steel-type. Machop's Revenge is strong enough to usually OHKO even neutrals and Crabrawler has All-Out Pummelling.

I get a Sturdy Magnemite on my 2nd Magnemite. It took about 10 mins to find this 2nd Magnemite.

sunshinesonia

stressed possum
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2020
    i might drop the white run. i forgot how slow and agonizing fifth gen is, though i still love the games, its just very exhausting. i could do another run in Omega Ruby since its a lot more fast paced. we'll see.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2024
    LOG #2 --- A Hard Day.
    Spoiler:

sunshinesonia

stressed possum
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2020
    white run update #7!!!
    Spoiler:

sunshinesonia

stressed possum
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2020
    WHITE RUN FINAL UPDATE!
    Spoiler:

Years
  • After some time, I'm back here and would like to take up this challenge once again. First, I haven't done my previous run on HeartGold and won't be doing it. So here's my new signup

Forum Username: viper8890
    Game Version: Ultra Moon
    Restrictions: All Pokemon should be obtainable in game. Please see that there is minimum type overlapping and the team is balanced and atleast 4-5 Pokemon till midgame.

Pebblycone

Little Monster ♥
    Years
  • After some time, I'm back here and would like to take up this challenge once again. First, I haven't done my previous run on HeartGold and won't be doing it. So here's my new signup

Forum Username: viper8890
    Game Version: Ultra Moon
    Restrictions: All Pokemon should be obtainable in game. Please see that there is minimum type overlapping and the team is balanced and atleast 4-5 Pokemon till midgame.

Hopefully I have done this right! I haven't played either of the Ultra games, but I did check Pokemon locations on Bulbapedia so I hope this is okay for you:
    1. Parasect
    2. Magmortar
    3. Beheeyem.
    4. Sylveon
    5. Crabominable
    6. Furfrou

Let me know if you need any re-rolls :)

**I will post an entry soon

Last edited:

Pebblycone

Little Monster ♥
    Years
  • I'm so close to finishing my monotype run (I've been busy again with a move), but I'm keen to start this challenge next! I'm hoping to have a bunch of Pokemon I haven't used before.

Forum Username: Pebblycone
    Game Version: FireRed
    Exclude NFEs: No
    Restrictions: I cannot hack or trade, so FireRed Pokemon only. Can I please have 1-2 NFE Pokemon. And also can I please have at least 1 Pokemon who can learn Surf. *Also can I please have at least 1 Pokemon available before Brock.

Last edited:
    Back