• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Restarting your game!

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Putting this here as opposed to Pokémon Gaming Central because of the lack of things to do when you've beat the plot, and I'm specifically asking about Pokémon Black and White.

How many times, if any, have you restarted the game? What do you do differently this time around that you haven't done last time? What Pokémon do you find yourself carrying around that you carried around on your run through before?

If you haven't restarted the game, how many hours have you clocked since you first got the game?

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
    Years
  • When i'm restarting my games I always try to caught pokemon i never in my life would think of having in my team.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    I've restarted my White game about 6 times and my Black about 4 times. I mostly restart my game for RNG purposes. When restart I go through the game and I catch shinies that I couldn't catch on my previous save. :3

I would go into more detail, but it would turn into a long post about RNG.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Havent restarted, im gonna get white so i can play through it though. On my black i have 125 hours clocked.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I keep my Pokemon White Saved. I always keep at least1 game untill a new one comes out. My Pokemon Black I just restarted and I plan on playing through again.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    If you haven't restarted the game, how many hours have you clocked since you first got the game?
    ~150, still actively playing.
    I've migrated many of the monsters I wish to keep to White, for 'meaningful' use like WiFi battles. Some of these, such as a Breloom with Drain Punch (gen. 4 TM), aren't easily replaced.

Years
  • As I am still playing through my Pokémon Black Version game, I have yet to decide on a possible restart. However, I did recently pick up Pokémon White Version at Target for the most recent Lucario download promotion. So Once I do finally decide to finish up Pokémon Black Version, I will have the other game in order to play through it again if I so desire.

I don't really have any desire to restart my Pokémon Black Version any time soon. I am like several others here who posted saying they would rather keep one active and use the other game for restarting purposes.

GibbyGibson

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
  • I learned my lesson with restarting with my first game and I will never do it again. I get kinda attached to my files...

Lucifer

Fallen1
    Years
  • When i'm restarting my games I always try to caught pokemon i never in my life would think of having in my team.

Same with me, I try to use different pokemon that I don't commonly use.
    I have never restarted my Black though and I won't ever. I like my current file and am still doing post game activities. I also want to fill my pokedex which during gameplay I have come a long way towards.

I have yet to own White but I am looking forward to it.

KaptainKaty

Tony Stark's Wife
    Years
  • I would never restart my game! O.O I just EV train and IV breed when I get bored. I have clocked 104 hours, 21 minutes.

xelarator

Gentlemen.
    Years
  • I've probably clocked OVER 9000 [just kidding, 300 in total] hours getting ready for the Pokecommunity's Annual Tournament, which I MISSED *facepalm*. I got so frustrated in all the preperations that I decided to quit for a week. After that week passed, I couldn't find my Black anymore! *facepalm times OVER 9000*

I'm gonna start looking for it in the god forsaken place called "My Room" RIGHT NOW.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • I haven't restarted my Black at all but my White was restarted just so I could RNG Shiny pokemon with good stats. Other than that I don't really see the need to restart the games.

PikachuGuy

THOSE CHU'Z
    Years
  • I'm not going to restart my White, mainly because I have my Liberty Pass event Victini on there, which is level 100!

TwiDragon

The fun shawl be doubled!
    Years
  • I haven't done so this generation, if grey comes out, I may turn Black or White into my "Challange" game, where I can freely restart and get some things for trade (like legendarys)

I did this with Heart Gold last generation.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Like, six or seven. Not entirely sure. I just restart redoing challenges, making new teams, Nuzlockes, etc, etc. I have an addiction to restarting. :'D

LegendaryFSK

I control my own fate.
    Years
  • I've restarted my White game about 6 times and my Black about 4 times. I mostly restart my game for RNG purposes. When restart I go through the game and I catch shinies that I couldn't catch on my previous save. :3

I would go into more detail, but it would turn into a long post about RNG.

This is why I need to purchase a copy of White. Need to get a copy to RNG several different Pokémon.

Anyway, I've restarted my Black a couple of times. However, I won't be restarting it anymore as I have become attached to several of the Pokémon that I have. I have over 160 hours right now on my current save, however if you add my two restarts, I have well over 300 hours on Black.

Editman

Pokemon Collector
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    I actually haven't beat the game yet, I still have like six badges

Years
  • EIve restarted black twice, and I am currently on my 4th on white
    What perks have I come across by doing so?
    Have one black: 2 v create legite victinis, 1 liberty pass legit victini, 3 of each of the sacred swordsmam, 3 zeks, 1 resh, 3 kyrumes, 3 landorus, and 3 of each thundy amd tornadus.

The team I have put together for white this go is somewhat unsual in comparison to my other runs
    Emboar
    Thick fat event mamoswine
    Gengar ( might replace with stunfisk just to do it for no purpose )
    Ferrothorn ( leech seed bred plus ingrain, lol just wanna see how its high defense doea with hp preservation, plus ability iron barbs with rocky helmet, no speed ev train with gyro ball)
    Dark pulse hydreigon ( on my 5th badge and dont wanna hack or trade so waiting to get my deino at v road )
    Accelgor

More than likely this team will change, would like to see scrafty in the mix

Who knows when I restart again I may do a challenge
    Maybe either all dark or all ground

Years
  • I havent restarted black, I don't think I will. But planning on restarting soul silver once I trade them over. I have gotten strangely attached to my team haha

Back