• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Restarting your game!

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
  • Never restarted the game, and I clocked about 95 or so hours on it before selling it. I was never motivated to restart it since leveling up was just so tedious. But I wasn't really motivated to try to get my team up to 100 either (I stalled at about Lv80) for that same reason.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I don't know if I'll restart either, I doubt it honestly. I have over 400 hours on my Black, though XD A bit obsessive, no?

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2012
    I won't restart my black as I have about 200 hours on it now. I've recently discovered the awesomeness that is Roms and I'll be sticking to that for now.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2012
    I recently restarted my game out of complete boredom, and now I am trying even harder to complete the pokedex. I still have Oshawott, because it's the most attractive to me, plus I thought it would be easier to get through the game with it. but now my whole team is different, and I actually tried hard to level them up this time.

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2022
    I've made a total of 3 playthroughs. Then, I just finished a play-through using some hard-mode hack.

The first time: I've made a Poltergeist team. Rotom would have been in the team if I could meet him before the league, but oh well! Starter was Oshawott, and discarded him as soon as I got my 6th Poltergeist pokemon.

The second time: Heavy pokemons. Shaking and Dust ahoy when sending my pokemons in a triple or rotation battle! Starter was Tepig, and kept him in my final team.

The third time: Volt-Switch and U-Turn! Lot of fun with switching! Starter was Snivy, and again, discarded him as soon as I got my 6th pokemon.

The fourth time, with Hard-mode: Auto-meteo team. Since most of the 649 pokemons were available before league and that they could learn their Dream World ability, I took the opportunity for this team.

Next game I'll make, I think I'll make a Metronome Challenge. Could be lot of fun!

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 4, 2012
    Never restarted my White but that's simply because I went right back to good old Heart Gold after finishing it. The 5th gen didn't appeal to me much and the Elite 4 disappointed me on the second time fighting them.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I've almost completely lost track of how many times I've restarted my Black. I've restarted my English White maybe...3 times. And I have never and will never restart my Japanese White.

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2013
    I've restarted the game a couple of times, and every time I restart I use completely different pokemon on my team and I try to use a different starter the first 3 times.

Souji Seta

내가 제일 잘 나가
    Years
  • I've restarted by Black Version about three times since I have gotten it. As for White Version, I'd say about twice so far. Mainly to use different Pokemon, that I didn't think about using on my previous runs.

Years
  • I just restarted my Black game. Don't know why actually, probably because I didn't liked my team and I got bored.
    But now, I wish I never restarted the game :P

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    I've never restarted my white, I've been playing for 386 hours and obtaine 646 Pokemon .

smurf

Veteran Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    i useally only restart one game so i can transfer all of my high level and rare pokemon and still have them but i have restarted my black version like 7 times

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I hate restarting. But I've played through Unova on three different games (Japanese Version of White, and English Black and White) if that counts. I play White most actively (though I don't think I've touched it since, idk, before Christmas) and I'm pretty sure I have a playtime of over 150 hours.

Years
  • I'm not restarting my game, since I have many Pokemon I want to keep and event Pokemon on my game and I have nowhere to trade them to.
    I have clocked just under 70 hours, I played the game a lot at launch, and am starting to play again after many months of not touching it.

Years
  • I restarted my Black not long after I started because all my friends started with either Snivy(which I started with) or Tepig, and since I didn't have Internet at the time I had to restart and get Oshawott if I wanted one any time soon.

And I only just got White, so.

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2012
    My 2nd time going through white and um differently. . . .I'm using Oshawott instead of Snivy :). But mainly all will be replaced once I get my Zekrom (as usual)

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    I haven't started a game since I began competitively battling haha. I usually just buy only one copy of only one version, so yeah haha

Raichupacabra

Villain
    Years
  • I only restarted once and I regret it. All my Dream World Points, all my Dream World Pokemon my EV Trained Pokemon that I've had since around 2008, my shiny Charmander who I have never seen again, my Pokemon that had special moves from XD, my Liberty Pass, and all of my GameStop Entei, Raikou, Suicune, and Celebi.

I miss that file.

The only thing I've done differently was use a few different Pokemon and get rid of my starter as soon as I got it's final evolution in my Pokedex.

Back