• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Return to Hogwarts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    "Hah, the Butterbeer is a gift. Its ok, really." I said, smiling. "I really didnt do much over my summer. Well, I mean I practiced my Quidditch, but I had to do it in the woods so the muggles wouldnt see." I said, laughing. Then, I pulled up my sleve to she her a cut I had gotten while practicing.

Dark Night

Skitsofrantic all out runner!!
    Years
    "Are you sure? I wouldn't mind paying for it." I told her. "Ooh! Quiditch is a lot of fun! I wasn't able to work on my flying though. I only got Football." As I looked at her scratch Schoocha jumped up onto her and started licking the wound. "Hey! Get off her! Ouch! That had to hurt." We sat there for a little while.

"So where are you staying till we have to leave for Hogwarts?" I asked. "Have you gotten all your supplies?"

Kalylia

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    OOC: Okay, we're getting an aweful lot about Dark Wizards in here... I don't mind the occasional attack, but like I said, currently, times are good in the wizarding world. The only Dark Wizards left around are the occasional nut job still looking for the return of a long dead Voldemort.

And ThornStorm, I'm not meaning to nag, but it's easier to RP if you use the past tense. Make it like you're writing a story. Most stories you read are in the past tense.

Oh, and to whom this concerns, it doesn't matter whether you use third or first person. My personal preference is first, but loads of people prefer third. I'm not picky.

BIC: I unwrapped a sucker and absently wandered the streets again. At least the girls hadn't seen me. That was a small relief.

Trilla trotted along beside me, occasionally nudging my thighs to keep me on course. Before I knew it, I'd wandered right to the entrance of Knockturn Alley. An old, ragged woman looked at my sucker in a knowing manner. Her smile was horrible and cruel.

I shook my head, eyes wide. "It's just a cherry pop!" I said defensivly.

She laughed at me. "You should take a trip down Knockturn, my dear. There are better things here for you than Blood Pops."

Trembling, I took a couple of steps back, unable to break her accusing, knowing gaze.

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
    I was paging through a book, On the Defense Against Muggle Attacks. I flipped a page absently, then re-shelved it in disgust. It was outdated and of no use to me. I returned to browsing through the shop. It was a particular favorite of mine, with a number of less-than-licit artifacts. I picked up a black-handled knife with a blade of pure silver, gently testing the edge.

Even with the relatively light force put upon it, it broke skin. My eyes lit up, no blade could be that sharp unenchanted. It seemed to consume the blood, and to my shock, as it did, my wound healed. The shopkeeper, a greying but powerful man said, "Ahhh, the Drakhoul's Athane. A very mystic and ancient item. It is precious to me."

I growled, "Cut the crap. How much do you want." He didn't like me, I knew that. He had a habit of slowly doling out prices, extracting every knut he possibly could. I refused to play his game.

Kalylia

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    "Come, child," she whispered. I winced at her tone. "I'll show you the marvels of Knockturn. I'll keep you safe from the eyes of Diagon."

Trilla's hackles stood straight up as she growled at the woman. I took a couple of steps backwards again, finding that she had cornered me with no escape except through the entrance to the alley.

I scooped Trilla up and turned around, walking down the alley. The woman couldn't stay there forever. I sucked on my Blood Pop nervously, looking for a friendly face in the midst of all the hate.

It was then that I realized that all these people were just like me... Maybe I did belong here... I absently wandered into a shop, seeing the boy who'd run me over. I ignored him as best I could. I pulled the sucker fully into my mouth, lest he see. He seemed rather annoyed with the shop owner.

~Ozy~

Years
    The owner glared at me. I gestured dangerously with the slender blade and he backed away, saying, "Fifty Galleons." I cocked an eyebrow at him. I didn't have access to that much and we both knew it. The last paycheck from my Muggle job had bounced, and my funds were running low.

I whispered, "I need the athane." Tapping it lightly against the left side of his chest, I said in the same menacing whisper, "I think it's in your heart to give me a discount." My stature prevented me from being remotely menacing, but I managed a certain degree of intimidation nonetheless.

He babbled, "B.. But sir, that is a valuable and powrful item... The l-lengths I went to for it..." I flipped it casually, catching the flat by the point.

I hissed, "I'm not in the mood today, Mr. Brookes. Fifteen Galleons, or..." I smiled and said, "I know of a vendor down the street who pays handsomly for human organs and fluids." He shot me a look of pure loathing and held out his hand I carefully dropped the required money into the outstreatched palm before browsing through the spellbooks. Seeing the girl I had tripped over, I said, "Aren't you in the wrong place?" then paid her no more mind in my browsing.

Kalylia

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    I stepped next to him, though not close enough to seem I was trying to be friendly. In fact, I was rather frightened. Both of myself, and the place I'd entered. "I don't know," I said softly. "I really don't."

Trilla growled in my arms again, forcing me to shift my backpack in order to maintain my balance. I don't like him.

I scratched her ear soothingly. My Blood Pop almost gone, I licked my lips and pulled it out of my mouth. I stared at the crimson sucker with contempt. "Maybe I'm in the right place. What would it matter?"

Insomnium

♥ ~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2015

A little while later, after packing all her books and belongings into the correct cases, Steph had wandered her way back to Diagon Alley. She was bored and had a little extra money to spend. Maybe she could find something better to do instead of chasing a pair of enchanted quills around her room.

As she slowly walked her way around the Alley, she soon found herself standing outside of a small coffee shop. At a quick glance, she noticed two of her former classmates inside the shop. Hoping she wouldn't be bothering them, she stepped inside, and walked nervously towards their table.
    ~

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    I looked behind Lia's head, and saw another Hogwarts student walking toward the table. I recognised the student, but couldnt place a name. I strained to think of what the name was, but it wasnt coming to me. So I just smiled and waved. "Hello um...friend!" I said, smiling.

Smooth, Tessa, smooth... I thought, still smiling.

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
    I blinked, my eyes drooping to a half-lidded state, a sure sign that I was thinking hard. "I'm sorry about all that," I said. "I apologize for assuming you were male." However with that, I proceeded to check out, and head for the door, knowing that if I saw the look on his face, I'd break out laughing....

Insomnium

♥ ~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 21, 2015
    Steph stood silently for a moment, then giggled before stating her name.

"My name is Stephanie," She told the girl, before pulling up a chair to the table, and plopping herself (a little too enthusiastically) into it "from History of Magic, remember?" She asked quickly, hoping that she hadn't been forgotten.

~
    OOC; Sorry for the short post, I have to go, bye!

Dark Night

Years
    I turned around as soon as Tessa mentoinded there was someone behind me. I saw a girl from one of my classes. I could remember her from one class. Ah, History of Magic class, that was it!

When the Stephanie went to sit down Schoocha went from Tessa's lap to her lap. "Hey Schoocha! Stop that, you're gonna get her mad at you!" I yelled at him. "Sorry about that Steph, he likes meeting old friends. How've you been, your Summer go okay?" I asked her.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    "Ah History..I hate that class," I laughed. I looked at Lia, and nodded. "Yeah, so what have you been doing this summer?" I asked, resting my chin on my hands. "Im sure you didnt something exiting!" I said, still smiling.

But, I lost my interest soon into Stef's story, and looked at the sky. Sanny has been gone for a long time...I hope she's ok I thought, looking down. I turned my attention back to Lia and Stef, and smiled. No reason to act depressed!

Dark Night

Years
    Steph's story was pretty interesting to me. Got my mind off of other things. I noticed Tessa's staring off gaze and gently kicked her in the knee. "Hey, what're you thinking about? Pay attention. We don't want to be rude." I told her. Schoocha finally jumped off her lap, and went back to licking his bone.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    "I didnt do anything!" I said, clutching my knee. I shook my head, to gain my focus back. "...Why are you always kicking me?" I muttered, rubbing my knee now. I watched Schoona lick his bone for a moment, the turned my attention back to Stef.

ooc: sorry for the short post, Im kinda busy right now..

~Ozy~

Years
    "It doesn't, so long as you stay out of my way," I said in my heavily accented English. I tucked the athane into my belt and strained to reach for another spellbook. I paged through it, my eyes flickering with excitement once again.

Brookes snapped at me, "That one's not for sale, kid. Get out." I turned and glared at him. His reply was to pull out a wand and gesture once more towards the door.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    "I'm not a girl!" I exclaimed to the man as he began to walk away. Though, after a while I gave up, and decided to go out and wander Diagon Alley some more.

It wasn't long before an old shack selling used wands caught my eye. I didn't really need to buy one, mine was perfectly fine. I pulled out the mentioned item; a black wand with my family crest embedded in it, before comparing it to the various other wands. Strangely, there was a wand there, that too had my family crest. However, in fear of it being cursed, I let it be. I began to walk away from the shack, unaware that the crest on that wand began to glow purple...

"Oof! Hey watch where you're going!"
    "Sorry sir!" I apologized as I scrambled to pick up the books that I had dropped all over the ground. Why was I so distracted today?

Kalylia

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    I scooted out after him, beginning the slow walk back to Diagon. I knew my family would be worried about me if I didn't get back. Sighing, I gave the boy an... almost wistful glance before skirting away from him.

One more kid who didn't like me. One more person who wanted me away. One more reason to bleed tonight. I laughed. It was easier when I had an excuse to bleed.

Trilla nipped my shoulder. I growled a bit before noticing the hurt look in her eyes. Sighing, I scratched her ears softly. "I'm sorry, Trilla. I don't mean to be harsh with you. I'm just getting nervous about going back to school. We had a couple of close run-ins last year, and you know that."

"You know the school won't throw you out."

I nodded my understanding. My grades were too good for that. And Headmaster Zanyte was a wonderfully understanding man. He welcomed me with open arms. Perhaps foolishly, but I couldn't let him down.

Last edited:

~Ozy~

Years
    I put down the spellbook and turned to leave shortly after the girl, to Brookes' satisfaction. He crowed something about cheap customers and what he would like to do to them. I spun and hurled the atane, using it as a knife at the moment. A silvery blur in midair, Brookes managed to raise his wand and begin a spell. It was cut off as the blade sank into his throat. I retrieved mu purchase and watched again as it consumed the blood.

Careful to avoid the body, I retrieved the spellbook and tucked it into my bag before leaving. He wouldn't be missed, so miserly was he and I doubted the Ministry would investigate the death of so dubious a man, particularly if they actually inspected the shop. I too, turned back towards the brighter of the two alleys.

Kalylia

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    I wandered home aimlessly, spending the evening in my bedroom, quiet as a mouse. My Aunt and Uncle fretted over me, and I merely informed them that I was tired and a little nervous about the start of term. They smiled and told me they'd drive me to the station tomorrow.

I laughed a little. The pair were quite amusing while getting on to the Platform.

Trilla and I fell asleep slowly, getting ready for the big day ahead.

OOC: Okay, for the sake of getting plot going, I want everyone to finish up their scenes in Diagon Alley. I'd like to get the train off by tomorrow. Thank you!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back