• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Review my deck idea

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2019
    Hey guys, i just starting playing ptcg back in June and have had a lot of fun building decks but i don't think i'm insanely great at it so i'm looking for criticism and help shaping a deck.
    So these are the cards:
    Pokemon|
    3 Lapras - Unified Minds
    3 Maranie - Lost Thunder
    3 Toxapex - Lost Thunder
    3 Tentacool - Unbroken Bonds
    2 Tentacruel - Team Up
    3 Wailmer - Celestial Storm
    3 Wailord - Celestial Storm

Trainer|
    2 - Buff Padding
    2 - Erika's Hospitality
    1 - Fisherman
    2 - Grimsley
    3 - Janine
    1 - Kahili
    4 - Koga's Trap
    2 - Lady
    3 - Misty's Favor
    2 - Pokemon Communication
    2 - Shrine of Punishment
    2 - Switch
    2 - Tate & Liza
    2 - Pokemon Center Lady

Energy|
    11 - Water

My main focus on the deck is to use Toxapex as the main Pokemon. Tentacruel can also help pre-poison targets if it isn't safe to have toxapex out for a turn. Wailord can act as a super tank if my bench isn't prepped or i am having bad luck in card drawing. Koga's trap, I find, is essential for stopping damage on Toxapex as well as getting the enemy poisoned right away for i can use Venom Fever asap.

Let me know what you guys think and tell me what i can change to make it better! I really want to make a good deck with Toxapex's Venom Fever move!

Years
  • Hey guys, i just starting playing ptcg back in June and have had a lot of fun building decks but i don't think i'm insanely great at it so i'm looking for criticism and help shaping a deck.
    So these are the cards:
    Pokemon|
    3 Lapras - Unified Minds
    3 Maranie - Lost Thunder
    3 Toxapex - Lost Thunder
    3 Tentacool - Unbroken Bonds
    2 Tentacruel - Team Up
    3 Wailmer - Celestial Storm
    3 Wailord - Celestial Storm

Trainer|
    2 - Buff Padding
    2 - Erika's Hospitality
    1 - Fisherman
    2 - Grimsley
    3 - Janine
    1 - Kahili
    4 - Koga's Trap
    2 - Lady
    3 - Misty's Favor
    2 - Pokemon Communication
    2 - Shrine of Punishment
    2 - Switch
    2 - Tate & Liza
    2 - Pokemon Center Lady

Energy|
    11 - Water

My main focus on the deck is to use Toxapex as the main Pokemon. Tentacruel can also help pre-poison targets if it isn't safe to have toxapex out for a turn. Wailord can act as a super tank if my bench isn't prepped or i am having bad luck in card drawing. Koga's trap, I find, is essential for stopping damage on Toxapex as well as getting the enemy poisoned right away for i can use Venom Fever asap.

Let me know what you guys think and tell me what i can change to make it better! I really want to make a good deck with Toxapex's Venom Fever move!

I've gone ahead and moved your thread to the appropriate subforum for deck reviews (TCG Deck Reviewing).

So, question: are you trying to keep this Standard format legal? Or are you open to it being for Expanded?

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2019
    I've gone ahead and moved your thread to the appropriate subforum for deck reviews (TCG Deck Reviewing).

So, question: are you trying to keep this Standard format legal? Or are you open to it being for Expanded?

Thanks, new here lol. And i'm trying to keep it legal standard.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2019
    That does seem like a good idea. Should i still keep 4 kogas and try to keep the lapras/misty favors or should i go for a couple kogas and replace the others?

Years
  • Replace the others, or swap Misty's for PokeGear 3.0. It's not perfect supporter search, but it doesn't eat up your supporter slot for the turn. Consider Viridian Forest as well as that can help you get the energy you need and also give you another stadium to replace problem stadiums with.

Also drop Kahili for either Lillie or Welder. And if Toxapex is your primary attacker, make it a 4-4 line.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2019
    Idk if i posted this already, but is this better?
    ****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 21

* 4 Foongus UNM 13
    * 3 Amoonguss UNM 14
    * 4 Mareanie LOT 68
    * 3 Wailmer CES 39
    * 4 Toxapex LOT 69
    * 3 Wailord CES 40

##Trainer Cards - 27

* 1 Lady FLI 109
    * 2 Grimsley UNM 199
    * 2 Buff Padding TEU 136
    * 2 Pokémon Communication TEU 152
    * 2 Switch CES 147
    * 2 Janine UNB 176
    * 2 Erika's Hospitality TEU 140
    * 1 Tate & Liza CES 148
    * 2 Lillie UPR 151
    * 1 Viridian Forest TEU 156
    * 2 Pokémon Center Lady FLF 93
    * 1 Dust Island UNB 168
    * 2 Shrine of Punishment CES 143
    * 3 Koga's Trap UNB 177
    * 2 Pokégear 3.0 UNB 182

##Energy - 12

* 12 Water Energy SMEnergy 3

Total Cards - 60

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    Ok, I can see where the idea of this sits, but it's currently pretty hard to get two water energies attached to a stage 1 in this format. Your best bet to make it work is with a nagaquag engine

so something like this for a pokemon line

3 - 3 Naga line
    3 - 3 Quag line
    2 - 2 Toxapex line
    2 - 2 Zebstrika line
    1 Ditto Prism
    1 Volcanion Prism

I know it seems like a lot of pokemon, but it opens up a Pokemon Communication engine. Naga line can be ultra spaced or mysterious treasure'd out and then comm'd for others, you can discard excess hands with Zebstrika and you can force switches whilst spreading damage with Volc prism

you can then use Kogas to inflict the poison on already softened up pokemon to hit for the big numbers

Years
  • Ok, I can see where the idea of this sits, but it's currently pretty hard to get two water energies attached to a stage 1 in this format. Your best bet to make it work is with a nagaquag engine

so something like this for a pokemon line

3 - 3 Naga line
    3 - 3 Quag line
    2 - 2 Toxapex line
    2 - 2 Zebstrika line
    1 Ditto Prism
    1 Volcanion Prism

I know it seems like a lot of pokemon, but it opens up a Pokemon Communication engine. Naga line can be ultra spaced or mysterious treasure'd out and then comm'd for others, you can discard excess hands with Zebstrika and you can force switches whilst spreading damage with Volc prism

you can then use Kogas to inflict the poison on already softened up pokemon to hit for the big numbers

No Amoongus to get more poison without eating your supporter slot in the turn? Though I suppose Amoongus is pretty fragile.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    No Amoongus to get more poison without eating your supporter slot in the turn? Though I suppose Amoongus is pretty fragile.

Amoongus is great but if you're gonna play it you might as well use it with breloom

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    I suppose that would be the better play. Just was looking for ways to reliably poison and also couldn't think of any spread options for damage.

Upon closer inspection your list makes a ton more sense than my suggested tweaks.

it's hard because the user seems to want to use Toxapex which doesn't really have any support right now. I could give them a budget friendly, good shrooms deck for sure if they want it

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2019
    The suggestions you guys made sound good enough for me. I'm currently gathering the cards on PTCGO and then i will test and tweak where needed. Thanks for all the help!

Back