• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen [Revived] Kanto & Hoenn Starters: Which will you choose?

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2010
    Do you get all 3 starters at the beginning or how does that work? haha

I'm picking Cyndaquil for my first starter, then Squirtle and Treecko afterwards!

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2014
    Im thinking about getting each of types for the region fire,water, and grass.
    So far I think Im getting:
    Johto:Tododile
    Kanto: Bulbasaur
    Hoenn: Torchic

Silver_Wind

Creative Artist
    Years
  • Well the Kanto starter line-up ain't so hot as they used to be so I'll only be choosing based on usefulness and personal favorites.

Johto: Totodile (Honestly who wouldn't choose him)
    Kanto: Bulbasaur (I would have choose Squirtle but need to stay away from an water-type starter line-up. Have some creativity once in a while. :P)
    Hoenn: Mudkip (Treeko is just useless to me. Torchic just have to many weaknesses on that flightless-bird.)

Lo~li~Pop

◕‿‿◕ Happy Smiles! ◕‿‿◕
    Years
  • I think that for HeartGold (My First) I am going to choose all Grass type. For SoulSilver I am going to choose all water types. For my second one (If I do get another one) I will choose all Fire Types. ^3^

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2010
    Johto: Chikorita (I want to experiment with the Support capabilities)
    Kanto: Charmander (I went through blue version in 13:13 with only Charizard to battle)
    Hoenn: Mudkip (I haven't gotten to test out his leading capacity)

umbreon_4_life

aka Commander Mars
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    I'll choose Bulbasaur and Mudkip. I'm choosing Cyndaquil in SoulSilver, so then I'll have one of each starter type. I totally can't wait until Sunday! ONLY 6 MORE DAYS! Which also means 6 more days until my true happiness... I need to find a hobby...

Years
  • Johto: Totodile
    Kanto: Bulbasaur
    Hoenn: Torchic

There's a slight chance I'll reverse the latter 2 and get Charmander+Treeko. All depends how I feel at that time.

NoriakiZ

Rookie
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2012
    Bulbasaur and Mudkip. I always choose them in FR and Ruby. Mainly because of the first few Gym Leaders in said games.

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Johto: Cyndaquil (I'll play through the game once, then once I get to the Daycare, I'll use the new breeding mechanics to get a competitively viable team)
    Kanto: Either Charmander or Bulbasaur. Never liked Squirtle...
    Hoenn: so i hear u liek mudkipz

Syphr

Happy to meet new people ^^
    Years
  • Johto - Cyndaquil
    Kanto - Squirtle
    Hoenn - Treecko

I already have all the starters' final evolutions but I'll pick my favorites just for fun.

sCam

Killing is a pleasure
    Years
    • ny
    • Seen Dec 18, 2016
    Charmander for khanto
    chikorita for jhoto
    mudkip for hoen

Years
  • Typlosion (reason(Eruption/Oveerheat)
    Blastoise (reason(Great (All - around) pokemon
    Marshtomp(reason(Smthing about him makes me want to pick him..weird i ussaly go with Sceptile...)

big NATE alpha

Patriotic Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2011
    Johto: Cyndaquil or Totodile, haven't decided yet, but leaning towards totodile to have a balanced set of starters
    Kanto: Bulbasaur, always been my favorite.
    Hoenn: Torchic, also always been my favorite.

Back