• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen [Revived] Kanto & Hoenn Starters: Which will you choose?

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Johto: Chikorita-Bayleef is cool
    Kanto: Squirtle-I've traded away my Blastoise, i have tons of Bulbasaurs (And Shiny EV'd Venusaur), and i have tons of Charmanders and an EV'd Charizard.
    Hoenn: Torchic, just for the nostalgia of what i first chose in Hoenn

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    Since Cyndaquil is my johto, I'll be taking a water and a grass starter. From kanto, I'll take squirtle. From Hoenn, treecko.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Wow, revived just under the month limit, nice. XD

I'm actually...undecided, I already have all of the starter Pokemon so I'll probably pick at random.

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
    Years
    I have Torchic so I'm going to pick Treecko for my Hoenn starter. I don't really care for Mudkip's family may get a Mudkip just for the sake of my collection, if I haven't already gotten one.

As far as Kanto starters go, I have all of them, so I'm not really that psyched about getting one. I may get Squirtle though, and train it up. I mean, who doesn't like a giant turtle with twin cannons sticking out of its shell.

Dirtyjerry

TJ Kitchen
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    It's a tough pick between Squirtle and Charmander. And from Hoen I'd take treecko.

HeidiMoose

[Insert User Title Here]
    Years
    On SoulSilver I will have: Chikorita, Charmander, and Treecko.
    On HeartGold I will have: Cyndaquil, Bulbasaur, and Mudkip.

Kendall

Fool of a Took
    Years
    Probably Squirtle and Treecko. Squirtle because Blastoise is awesome, and Treecko because I never picked him in Sapphire or Emerald.

and Typhlosion for Johto starter.

Last edited:

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    Well I really wanted my three type triangle but I have to take Feraligatr but Swampert is so handy competitively. But I found an old used copy of Emerald the other day so that won't be a problem. So Kanto, Charizard and Hoenn, Sceptile. Though with Venusaur being so handy in UU I might have to reconsider...but Blaziken is my least favourite starter of all generations so...

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2010
    Squirtle b/c thats the starter I chose waaay back in Pokemon Blue and Treecko because i chose him back in sapphire/emerald.

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
    Squirtle and mudkip ^.^

It wierd cause i'm picking Totadile for my starter.

But i dont have squirtle or mudkip yet so ^^

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2012
    Kanto: Squirtle
    Hoenn: Hard to choose. Most Likely Mudkip... But I may go with Treeko since Grovyle is <3

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
    I'll probably get Bulbasaur and Mudkip, they will surely help in my competitive battling teams, in my UU team I plan to use Venusaur, and in my OU team I'm thinking of using Swampert.

firestormx19

i'm never loging in again.
    Years
    i'm starting with cyndaquil and then get charmander and torchic and trade the rest over to my game

SkySage2k9

Skymin Sage / Greeter
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2012
    I'll prolly pick Chiko for my Johto starter, Squirtle for my Kanto, and Torchic for my Hoenn... That way I have one of each type...

Back