• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Revolution v. PS3 v. Xbox360

The new generation

• Revolution

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • Play Station 3

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Xbox 360

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • Rev first, perhaps ps3

• Rev first, perhaps 360

• ps3 first, perhaps rev

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • ps3 first, perhpas 360

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • 360 first, perhaps rev

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • 360 first, perhaps ps3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • All of them cause i'm just that rich!

Votes: 6 11.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nedrag Terces12

Lord of Latias
    Years
    This kind of thread probably already exists... but anyways, what do you guys think are the ups and downs of each system? and which one is your prefered one?

I like the revolution mostly because it's got my favorites like mario, metroid, and legend of zelda, of which PS3 and Xbox360 don't have. The new controllers seem to be something really neat, and i like the backward compatibility, and if i'm not mistaken, online play is added. also i think you can download games from the older systems as well, something like that.

PS systems were always in question for me when i bought a new system(as in gamecube or ps2). The different game varieties were cool and ps always had a few games that made me wish i had ps(any of them).

Xbox360, all i've heard about it is good graphics. It's really just the same game, it just looks cooler. Unless you're a needer of good graphics(and an extremely loud system), you probably wouldn't bother getting one(not to mention how sold out they are). it has backwards compatability, but only for the so called "crappy games" so really they shouldn't put it in. the games don't interest me at all. it's nothing but first person shooting in my eyes....with a SMALL enhancement on graphics.

Overall, i'd say revolution comes first(though it comes out latest of the 3 i THINK). then ps3. I don't even put xbox360 on my list of consideration.

John Denver

Banned
    Years
    Haha, personally I think these next gen systems are WAY too expensive. I mean, $400 for a console? And the PS3 is gonna have two videocards in it valued at $500 EACH...gimme a break. I'm not so insane into games that I'll be unloading paycheck after paycheck into them.

If the Revolution (or PS3?) costs 150ish dollars when they release, I may consider getting them.

gilbertman

Where am I?
    Years
    well i guess it aint fair since im a nintendo fan boy but ill hafta say Revolutions gonna be the one for me

XBox360- like you said its just the same old games, just improved graphics, for such a high price tag and the bugs some have been having

PS3- on Attack Of The Show on G4 they said that its rumored that a game played the first time on a PS3 will be marked or something disallowing it to be played on any other PS3, so no renting (dont quote me on that, i just remember them saying that on the show) so eeeeeeee no

Revolution- the only one that looks like it will be a true revolution, now the only thing im hoping for is that the controllers arent crap and suck, cuz that whould kill the whole system, so hopefully if nintendo pulls it off, it'll be the greatest

Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Apr 10, 2008
    PS3 all the way. Rev at second. 360 would be okay but I probably won't be getting it. (360 Live anyone? lmao)

RoxasOld

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 29, 2006
    Definately Playstaion3. After like a year, I might get Revolution.

Sorry. I vomited in my mouth.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Revolution definitely tops my list ~;3 Just for the innovations and great Nintendo quality. Although right now the rumour is that the graphics are only slightly better than the Gamecube x.x; But we'll have to see~

PS3 is next, just because I want some good RPGs XD And the ergonomic controller is actually a lot more alluring now that I've see the way you hold it.

XBox360...D: It basically looks like it's predecessor with all online games. Not cool.

Nedrag Terces12

Lord of Latias
    Years
    and also apparently for xbox, the only people i know that play it are weird, psycho, drug addicts that have no live soo..... yeah. i've also heard that the xbox 360 can go all the way up to $1,000 bucks for just the system alone??? and every $100 of the way you get 1.000001 times better performance and graphics. and also another rumor that it took them about 40 prototype xbox 360's to get to where they want...and there's still bugs.

and rumor has it that the Revolution will be under $200...so Dakota? you may have a chance :D

Last edited:

Gyarados Girl

Atrocious
    Years
    I will admit my bias, I don't like Sony or Microsoft very much when it comes to consoles.

With that being said...

I really haven't heard enough about the Revolution to pass a judgment. I think making your final decision when something is coming out in x months, or just came out isn't too great of an idea. But I do trust Nintendo to keep up their quality of first party support. The question in my mind is basically this, is Nintendo big enough to get the third party support the two much bigger companies can?

The Xbox 360: As evil as Microsoft is in my mind, I was really impressed with the Xbox after I got mine for a select number of games. It has my second biggest library of the generation. (I only have more Dreamcast games out of the four consoles.) There has also been talk of Xbox 360 getting Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest games (In addition to PS3 getting them.), so one of the only advantages Sony had is basically gone.

Playstation 3: Once again, I don't like to judge too quickly.... but... PS2 was really a disappointment for me. There were good games, but the console tended to focus on quantity over quality. Sony needs to land more good games and less average games to make the PS3 as good as it can be. I'll be keeping my eye on it to see how it turns out.

I have to try to put my bias aside and keep watch at which games go where, that way I can make the choices that will be best for me.

When companies compete... we win.

Nedrag Terces12

Lord of Latias
    Years
    I never had any type of bias against ps, if i had enough money, i'd get a ps2(esp for the final fantasies), but when the xbox came out, it was just like.. nice try microsoft..nice try...
    also, since nintendo was the starter of video games, i'm really used to the classics of mario and metroid and legend of zelda and fire emblem, you name it, there's no way i can give those up seeing how only nintendo could have them. i wish final fantasy was nintendo but...can't have everything. I also like how nintendo changes things, like how the DS has the touch screen, psp is just another portable system(thus, i wouldn't say much about the new super small GBA, just smaller...sp is better than it)and revolution has the new type of controller that's supposed to "REVOLUTIONize the way games are played" and that it'll actually feel like you're moving the gun. speaking of controllers, xbox controllers need to get on a diet plan, fast, i don't know if 360 did too much about that.

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
    I don't think my vote is fair because I like Nintendo way better but here it is:

Revolution: #1 on my list and I think will be great, I don't care what graphics it has(they will be great), the gameplay will be awesome.

360: meh.....

PS3: Maybe, but I'll wait a while first.

So, I'll be getting a REV and eventually I will get the other two for some exclusives, but Zelda, Mario, Metroid Prime and Pokemon are going to pwn.

SSB online anyone?

Nedrag Terces12

Lord of Latias
    Years
    Ivan said:
    Aww...how sad...Nintendo fanboys.

you can say more than that, this is free and open to discussion. fill me in on anything i may have missed about the xbox 360 besides graphics. and sry to say but you're terribly out numbered by revolution fans than 360 fans at this standing point.

EDIT: and yes, poke-rev, i look forward to the awesomeness of Super smash bros revolution. i guess you could say it's like the mario kart of DS almost...

Last edited:

Kurosaki

Revolution: I congratulate Nintendo for actually trying new ideas, and I think it'll be a great success. Plus, they're actually taking their time and not releasing defective systems before Christmas. ~.^

PS3: Again, good job with the waiting part, and I can't wait for this system as well as the Rev. This looks just as promising as the Rev.

360: Well, we had the Xbox: A Paperweight. Now we have the 360: A more expensive, defective paperweight. =D

Nedrag Terces12

Lord of Latias
    Years
    If i know my math, it's now 6 revs to 2 ps3's to 1 xbox360. i seriously should've put up a poll, my bad.

EDIT: well i fixed that problem, and proud to start it off with a solid revolution all the way.

oh and who's rich boy/girl? identify yourself!

Last edited:

Gyarados Girl

Atrocious
    Years
    Nedrag Terces12 said:
    oh and who's rich boy/girl? identify yourself!

I voted "probably all".

Because I always end up doing just that.

I'm single with a decent income, and I usually wait out for the price drops and take advantage of that. :D

I usually end up getting the consoles I'm weary of later on. I got the xbox a year after it came out despite disliking Microsoft... and ended up loving the xbox.

RoxasOld

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 29, 2006
    Nedrag Terces12 said:
    i believe the other vote on ps3 then rev would be you, kenshin11212(if i got the numbers right).

You are correct, Sir Mix-A-Lot

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Nintendo Revolution for me.

It'll have all the franchises and characters I've come to know and love. It'll be the cheapest, and it'll be revolutionary. And most importantly, it'll have Zelda.

That's a horrible arguement, but I'm at school right now. I'm also tired and lazy at the moment, so I'm not even going to attmept making a proper opinion.

The original reason for my post was to tell you that I'm keeping an eye out in this thread. These threads always lead to trouble, and I've already seen a few comments I haven't liked (...Nedrag Terces12). So, just...try to be calm through all your posts.

EvilDunsparce

Blue Moon!
    Years
    To me, the xbox 360 was rushed out for the holidays, it could have been fixed up and realeased in 2006. (from what I've seen around the web, 16% of all 360's are flawed.) I think the PS3 will give us good ol' straight forward, fun games, like Metal Gear Solid 4 and Killzone 2. The Revolution will give us more fun wacky novelties, with games that make us spaz our controller everywhere.

So if you want to.....I dunno....flip a burger with your controller....buy the revolution, but if you want games where you blow the &@#&'n crap out of stuff with bazookas and 75mm artillary shells..........or if you want RPG''s......buy the PS3:P

summary: Revolution= wheeee! fun!.......with colorful characters and crazy mini games!

PS3=wheeeee! fun!.......with a 50. cal. machine gun and D-day!

Xbox 360= yay!.....error screen....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back