• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RGSShun

Shun1

Started Project RGSShun
Years
  • Hello, I am Shun, Founder of Shun's-World,

You may or may not know me on here, I started to create a fan game known as Pokémon Islands of Sonata. It was a good game until my laptop crashed. So, after that I have stopped creating Fan Made games like Pokémon and The Legend of Zelda fan game I was creating, and now Winds of RPG (A.K.A. ShunGames) has started an original project which has been an On and Off project. Now it is back on, It will be a continues project until it has finished. But, I noticed that the RGSS2 scripts in RMVX are badly written and can corrupt easily. So for my new game, I started a new Source Code for RMVX called the RGSShun (Ruby Game Scripting Shun!) It will feature a new Menu System, for RGSShun. A unique battle system being created by my original ideas. And a 'Downloadable Content' Script (This may not happen) For the source code. The RGSShun is going to be about 95% completely rewritten code for the RPG Maker VX system...

Anyway, sorry for the long introduction, but I bet you are wondering why I created this thread. Well, I created it to see what people thing of this idea and if I should continue. I would also like to recieve some Support and Ideas from you people here in the Game Development Area. Also, I wasn't 100% sure where to put this so it is here.

Oh, finally I would just like to quickly thank Elder Prince from Blossomsoft for giving me some game making pointers... Thank you. Now, once this source code has been finshed I will put it into my game and by the end of the year, I should have the game released (I doubt it though. Seeming as I have exams in the summer which I will be studying for and stuff like that.) Right now, I am on a tight budget (By tight I mean only £100 odd. God knows where the rest of my money is... Oh well, that is the reason for other side projects...)

Last edited:

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
    Years
  • The point in recreating new scripting languages is to make programming easier or u made an entirey new engine that you'd like the user's to use instead of a programming language, i.e Torquescript & unrealscript. I dont see the point of thisproject other than a learning process but by all means go for it.

Zorua♥

Zorua, Come to my side!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 24, 2010
    I hope this goes well for you! wish I could help but I am rubbish at Scripting!!!

Years
  • The point in recreating new scripting languages is to make programming easier or u made an entirey new engine that you'd like the user's to use instead of a programming language, i.e Torquescript & unrealscript. I dont see the point of thisproject other than a learning process but by all means go for it.

Uh, he's not making a new language. Instead, he's fixing scripts in RGSS2 in RPG Maker VX.

But anyway, good to see a redo of the RMVX scripts. They did look quite messy when I was trying out the demo.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • Hello, I am Shun, Founder of Shun's-World, Don't assume that everyone knows this kind of crap.

You may or may not know me on here, I started to create a fan game known as Pokémon Islands of Sonata. It was a good game until my laptop crashed. According to you, I myself have never heard of it. So, after that I have stopped creating Fan Made games like Pokémon and The Legend of Zelda fan game I was creating, and now Winds of RPG (A.K.A. ShunGames) Why the heck does it need two names? has started an original project which has been an On and Off project. Now it is back on, It will be a continues project until it has finished. I have never heard of these 'continues projects'. : \ But, I noticed that the RGSS2 scripts in RMVX are badly written and can corrupt easily. So for my new game, I started a new Source Code for RMVX called the RGSShun (Ruby Game Scripting Shun!) NONSENSICAL, SELF-PROMOTING NAMES, IS THERE ANYTHING BETTER ON THIS EARTH? It will feature a new Menu System, for RGSShun. GOTTA GET THAT NAME OUT THERE! A unique battle system being created by my original ideas. Battle systems can't really be 'original', since you're borrowing from systems of the past. : \ And a 'Downloadable Content' Script (This may not happen) For the source code. The RGSShun is going to be about 95% completely rewritten code for the RPG Maker VX system...

Anyway, sorry for the long introduction, but I bet you are wondering why I created this thread. Self-promotion? Well, I created it to see what people thing of this idea and if I should continue. Ah... self-promotion. I would also like to recieve some Support and Ideas from you people here in the Game Development Area. Also, I wasn't 100% sure where to put this so it is here.

Oh, finally I would just like to quickly thank Elder Prince from Blossomsoft Whom we have never heard of : D for giving me some game making pointers... Thank you. Now, once this source code has been finshed Finshed products are neato. I will put it into my game and by the end of the year, I should have the game released (I doubt it though. Seeming as I have exams in the summer which I will be studying for and stuff like that.) Right now, I am on a tight budget (By tight I mean only £100 odd. You foreigners and your wacky currencies. God knows where the rest of my money is... Oh well, that is the reason for other side projects...)

I was only half serious up there, just to let you know.

I'm not sure whether you'll be able to complete this, but good luck, I guess.

Time Shift Dialga

Son of a Pachizel!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2011
    This sounds similar to RGSS2+,on another forum I used to be on, it got abandoned because the guy who begun it disappeared, for reasons unexplained :/

It'll be good to see something similar over here ^^

Back