• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ricee's Fakedex and other goodies.

Riceeman

Spriter Guy
Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2011
    Helloooo Sprite Showcase! I'm Riceeman, and some of you MAY remember me. I had a thread here a while ago with some fusions and other stuff. I was pretty noobish and alot of the stuff was terrible. Well, now I'm back with lots more experience. I've just started the redo of my fakedex, and what better place to showcase it then here.

All comments and critiscm would be greatly appreciated!
    (The type symbols are pretty self explanatory, I hope. Just ask if you're not sure.)
    10-Squirren ~ 14-Grubblin ~ 17-Inseaf

And also, a Jungle ruins tileset. Note this is not finished, and at the moment, it is NOT open to public use.

And another little goodie for you. A (fat :P) Chef Trainer sprite!

That's all for now, look forward to seeing some more fakemon and tiles soon! Thanks for reading my thread!

All fakemon are copyright to me. You cannot use them in ANY way, shape or form, and if you ask I will just say no. These are only for use by me and Atomicreactor. If there aere any in fringements, I will blur or add a watermark, which will ruin it for everyone else.

Last edited:

Scarex

Beautyfool.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2020
    Well done, I like *o*
    Its cool palettes seon and processing, also, my favorite is Grubblin, and I find most strange is Inseaf, the sheet that you've done in the head does not look much like a leaf''''

Good luck with your Sprites

Greetings!

Professor W.

Squirtle Fan
    Years
  • Well done. Your sprites are in just the right size. The one that is the best done is Grubblin, do to it's good concept and good line art. Keep up the good work,

~Prof. W.

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
  • Your sprites are really well done. One thing I want to point out is your outline. In some places it has patches of black and then green (this example goes with Inseaf but I see it in the others as well.) The line art itself looks great and you have a really good grasp on shading. I can't wait to see more from you.

Atomic Reactor

Nice man, these are looking great! I like the new grubblin :)
    And well, the other 2 as well haha. I can't really offer any crit =/ the leaf kinda looks odd, maybe fix that up a bit? Idk, other than that it all looks pretty spectacular!
    Can't wait to see what you come up with next :)

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • I love them. I did post out to you before that I feel the eyes on the left and far right pokemon look a bit like they are glued on or something <maybe because of the size of them? Can't put my finger on it>

As for the tiles. The Jungle tiles. They look good too. The broken rock tiles look great I think. Nice colors used for them too.

incognito322

let's look towards the future!
    Years
  • I love the smoothness. Overall, a great job. On Inseaf, the colors of the darker green leaves don't seem to stick out very much, so it almost looks like it's lacking value there. But if that's how it's supposed to be, then don't mind my opinion.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • Well, I won't go in-depth on how stunning this set of pixel art is, because you're going to get a lot of comments like such.

Something struck me as being odd on the purple fakemon, it's just on top of the head, with the outline being dark and suddenly switching to an extrememly light colour, it seems somewhat unrealistic. Maybe make said patch darker; or even make the rest of the outlining a little lighter.

The jungle tiles are pretty cool. Some things are annoying me though, mostly on the mountains. The outlining is completely black and really looks weird in my opinion. The general tile is nice; just I think fixing that will make it better by tenfold. Also with the leftmost ruin, the shadowing underneath is exactly the same on both sides. If you noticed on some on gamefreak's tiles they had the left shadowing with one pixel less in width than then right. Just changing that will turn the tile into the perfect zone.

Riceeman, you're a very talented pixel artist, keep up the good work.

Heinze

~ Pixel Artist
    Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2019
    The tileset is strange, the lineart and shading are different from the Pokémon style...
    The fakemons are great, i loved the first two, teh grass guy is ugly... I think it's just me XD

The tileset is strange, the lineart and shading are different from the Pokémon style...
    The fakemons are great, i loved the first two, the grass guy is ugly... I think it's just me XD
    Go on man!

Last edited:

Riceeman

Spriter Guy
    Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2011
    Thanks for all the comments guys! It really is good to have motivation to continue spriting like this.

Due to comments, I have:
    • Completely redone Inseaf. I agreed with everyone about it not being right, and hopefully this new one is slightly better.
    • Lightened the lineart on Grubblin's head.
    • Added line-shading to the Jungle Mountain Tiles.
    And another little goodie for you. A (fat :P) Chef Trainer sprite!

This is NOT for use. Thank you for viewing my sprites. Comments would be appreciated as always.

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
  • The right side of the chefs head (his right) looks really strange. I think if you got rid of the ear his head would look much better. The rest of it is amazing though. The anatomy and shading are wonderful, and the pose fits the facial expression. This isn't a problem, but if you want more detail you could add wrinkles in the hat.

~Night

~!~Miss Cow~!~
    Years
  • It looks like Squirren has a little thing coming out of its mouth... I really like Inseaf, though. You did a really great job on it.

I think you should try and redo the left ear on the chef trainer, because right now it looks like a bump on the side of his head. Oh, but I like the left chef trainer better. I like how you added a little color, because the right chef trainer just looks really plain.

~Night

Back