• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Ride till the sunset! [Riding Pokemon Speculation Thread]

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    I really do hope they would show Surfing Pokemon instead if the Riding feature won't return.

Maybe they could even add Diving Pokemon too?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    How plausible are individual sprites for surfing and flying, though? Think of how many Pokemon they would have to add, and how much time they would have to spend on this as opposed to adding any other feature. I don't really care that much if they include this feature or not. What I'd really want is a flying-over feature like we had in Ranger Guardian Signs 8)

Salzorrah

Years
    Well, they did try to add every Pokemon as a follow Pokemon in HGSS. I'm pretty sure they can pull it off again, since it only applies to surfable and divable Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2023
    Yea it does sound great, but they shouldn't limit players to what pokemon they will be able to ride or not

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    I could see the Pikachu with a Surf Board coming back. It would be great to have the Flying Pikachu to have a different sprite when using Fly and have balloons. The Flying Pikachu was an event in gen 3.

Salzorrah

Years
    What are the chances of GF pulling a special event like that? I think it would be super rare but since it would be very cool to see Pikachu on a surf board or in balloons, I just cant wait.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    More Pikachu being special stuff huh? I'll rather see a surfing Pichu and a Balloon carrying Pichu that enables it's whole line to get special overworld models, including Raichu.

Salzorrah

Years
    How about a Mutant Raichu that acts like a bicycle and you can ride on it anywhere, anytime? I feel it's farfetched haha.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Well Red's Pika use a surfboard to surf and has the sprite in Yellow and I think gen 2 too. And Yellow's Chuchu is saw using Balloons to fly. In HGSS the gender got swapped and Male were given Fly and Female Surf in the Yellow Forest.

Pichu having balloons could be great too since it appear with Pikachu using them in Pokemon Puzzle Challenge.

Ride till the sunset! [Riding Pokemon Speculation Thread]
    Spoiler:

And you have some other appearance of the flying Pikachu in games and TCG.
    Spoiler:

Pokepark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure and Pokemon Snap also has a Flying Pikachu.

Years
    Before the introduction of the Pika costumes, those theories would be written off as crazy theories. Now, they're not totally off the map, but still very unlikely. More likely that something like they Ryhorn/Mamoswine routes in X and Y come to Hoenn but with different pokemon and in existing routes.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Before the introduction of the Pika costumes, those theories would be written off as crazy theories. Now, they're not totally off the map, but still very unlikely. More likely that something like they Ryhorn/Mamoswine routes in X and Y come to Hoenn but with different pokemon and in existing routes.
    The Pika custumes are new things so that doesn't really give any support to rideable Pokemon returning as it's not even an XY feature. Now Aime does, seeing how it was an XY feature returning for ORAS. However if they are to bring any I'm hoping it'll be a new route/place. Or perhaps they make old areas bigger like the desert and have a Numel/Camerupt be able to carry us to areas only they can access. I do think though that since the Bikes are returning that they'll fill that role of accessing only certain areas that rideable Pokemon did in XY.

Mew

The New Species Pokémon
    Years
    I'd say that I think perhaps ridable Pokémon may not get in, but different Surf sprites will stay (Lapras and perhaps others too)

Salzorrah

Years
    Yeah, the Pika Costumes aren't really related to the riding Pokemon, but more on the Contest / Amie approach. Besides the Surfing and Flying Pikachu were there before as special event Pokemon.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I don't think special Pikachus will get a sprite, especially the flying one. If Pikachu flies by using a bunch of balloons, who says that Pikachu is the only Pokemon capable of holding on to a dozen balloons? Any other way that Pikachu could really "fly" couldn't really be possible, haha.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Talking about the Surfing Pikachu, Japan are getting an event this month for a Surfing Pikachu with Holding Hands. So I guess the next one will be the flying pikachu.

Years
    Alright guys, let's keep this thread on-topic! What Pokemon would you want to see in ORAS that'd be rideable? For me, I want Tropius to have a role.

Years
    I have a feeling it was a Kalos-exclusive thing (especially with the Rhyhorns as it tied in with the whole Rhyhorn-racer thing associated with the protagonist); I think Game Freak knew we'd been wanting it for a while so they appeased us with a couple of rideable pokés without going overboard.

Having said that, with the positive feedback it's been getting, they might find a sensible way to tie it into ORAS as well which I certainly wouldn't be opposed to :)

Back