• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rival Battle help

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2012
    How would I make a trainer with the same type and name but with different Pokemon? Such as a Rival.

RaulCortez

Maybe active...sometimes?
    Years
    I'm not an expert, but you can configure different trainers with the same sprite.

Basically that's what you do when you use a regular trainer type(let's say...bug catchers)

In red/blue/green Blue/Gary has different stages, and his sprite changes almost every time you battle him.

What i would do if i were to do different rival battles would be to just make a trainer type named RIVAL, with the same name (considering your rival won't change their name) and then i could just add different pokémon to each one of the "rivals", and use different sprites if you want. Haven't tested it, but it's an idea.

That would be just like making a regular trainer type, what will make it "consistant" would actually be just the trainer sprite(the character) and the name.

This is just my intuition writing.

Try it out and see if it works, hope it helps!

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    There's way too many links to the Wiki lying around for you to have simply not seen them. Strangely enough, the Wiki has a whole page called Rival, which seems appropriate. Have a read.

Back