• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RM2K Help/Discussion/Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
  • Sorry for the double post (too lazy to edit :lol)
    but can you post your edited chipset to save us ppl a lot of work?
    And is there a place we can download you game to get a better idea of how this works?

Years
  • oh and could you put me in the credits please? (you can make my name real small if ya want) i would just like a bit of credit for my hard work and ideas. (sorry for the dp)

Years
  • it should, it worked for me, if it doesnt i will just edit your beta and do it there, then post it back to you or something. it will be all good :D

MartynL

Game Programmer!
    Years
  • Yo peeps! Im making my own game and i'd like to know how to set your own options on pause screen for example:

Item, Pokedex, Status, Pokemon, save, exit and quit game.

Plz help! By the way the name of my game is Pokemon Sunshine and if anyone could make or send me a good title screen that'll b great and i'll add you in the credits!

Cheers!

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • I should make a company for title screen making! It'll be called... DarkMage Titles Incorporated! I'd be happy to make one for you. For a sun in the background, would you like it to be a cartoony yellow circle with rays or a realy sun photograph?

And to customize your menue you have to make a CMS. I tutored some guy a while back via PM's and fortunately I saved them. Here's my little tutorial:
    There are two ways to make a CMS. One way is less PKMNish: use Show Choice to navigate. The other is fully customizable to look and be whatever you want (this is the one you should use). It involves using pictures, one for the menue, and one for the pointer. For each method, you have to get the menue to pop up. So, here's what you do (I'm only teaching you the second way, the only one worth your time and that actually looks like pokemon)

1) First, go into the Database and click Common Events. Create a new event and call it "Wait for Call" and set it to Parallel Process with a switch called "Enable Menue"
    Your first command will be <>Key Input Proc: [0001:Key Input]. Key Input Processing is on the third page in your Commands list. Make sure the "Store Key Code in part is a variable you call Key Input. Under Options, check Wait Until Key Pressed, but leave the next one blank. Under Keys to Process, just check Cancel Key (6)

2) Next, Memorize BGM if you want a different tune playing just for the menue. If you want the screen to take a gray tint or something, now's the time. Then I have <>Switch Operation: [0002:Menue Called] ON and Switch Operations: [0001: Enable Menue] OFF.
    End of common event.
    Sample code:

<>Key Input Proc: [0001:Key Input]
    <>Memorize BGM
    <>Tint ScreenR080,G080,B080,S000),0.3 Sec
    <>Play BGM: GS_stadium
    <>Switch Operation: [0002:Menue Called] ON
    <>Switch Operation: [0001:Enable Menue] OFF

3) New common event called (guess what?) "Menue Called" on Auto Start with a Trigger Switch of [0002:Menue Called]

4) Show your picture of the menue (I'll send you mine for an example, drawn by myself )
    <>Show Picture: 2,pkmnLUNAR,(300,120)
    <>Move Picture: 2,(240,120),0.3 Sec (Wait)
    <>Show Picture: 5,pointer,(243,47)

5) Now the menue will appear onscreen, but your arrow keys don't control the menue arrow. That's the next step. First, we set the variables.
    <>Variable Oper: [0003ointer Position Y]Set, 47
    <>Variable Oper: [0004:Menue Loop]Set,1
    <>Variable Oper: [0005ointer Pos X]Set,243

6)Now, we do the processing.
    <>Loop
    <>Move Picture: 5,(V[0005],V[0003]),0.0Sec(Wait)
    <>Label: 1
    <>Key Input Proc: [0006: Map Movement]
    <>Branch if Var [0006:Map Movement]is 1
    <>Play Sound: cursor2
    <>Variable Oper: [0004:Menue Loop]+ 1
    <>Variable Oper: [0003ointer Position Y]+ 20
    <>Branch if Var [0004:Menue Loop]is 9 or more
    <>Variable Oper: [0004:Menue Loop]Set, 1
    <>Variable Oper: [0003ointer Position Y]- 160
    :End
    <>

That's all for just the down key! Now, when you press down, the pointer will move down one item. When it reaches the bottom, it will jump back up to the top in a loop. Here's the up button code:
    <>Branch if Var [0006:Map Movement]is 4
    <>Play Sound: cursor2
    <>Variable Oper: [0004:Menue Loop]- 1
    <>Variable Oper: [0003ointer Position Y]- 20
    <>Branch if Var [0004:Menue Loop]is 0 Less/Equal
    <>Variable Oper: [0004:Menue Loop]Set, 8
    <>Variable Oper: [0003ointer Position Y]+ 160
    <>

Now, just hold on unti CMS part II so you learn the spacebar input so you can select the item the pointer is on.

Just do all that and tell me if it works, and we'll move on from there. I know it may seem long and complex, but I'm sure you'll do just fine!

If you got all that, I'll post Part II. It's also important to understand HOW it works, not just blindly follow steps to get results.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Second Version!!!!!!!!

The second version of my F/L Chipset,
    and Ash Charaset.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • Meerkat> Sure, use it all you want. But just keep in mind that's just the first part. You won't be able to click on anything.
    Daegon> Those look good! But who's Meowth 346? Have you had any luck on my Hiro?
    And just in heads up, my friend Neo just joined this board. He's not the one (excuse the pun) helping me with my game though. Just another friend.

MartynL

Game Programmer!
    Years
  • I don't really care what the background is like lol. I'd like it to be a cartoon type sun with a pokemon standing in front of it. Duno wot pokemon though. You choose

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Meowth 356 is the maker of a former charaset I used. I just pasted it
    to fill up the space. (I DID MAKE THOSE MYSELF!!!!!!!)
    And my CPU crashed and I lost the Hiro files. Sorry.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2009
    Meowth346 is a well-respected Pokemon information guru. He has his own site that has much of the information on new/upcoming games about 2 weeks before it is released by any official source~

Years
  • Hey, Dark Mage, can I use that too? I haven't posted anywhere on the site, but I'm working on a Pokemon Game myself and having the menu would really help ^.^
    I know it's the first part, but I can see if I can at least get the other part to work on my RM2K3 ^.~

Oh, and does anybody know how to get the music off of the Pokemon Games? I have a few and I was hoping to just get the music from off of them.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back