• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rm2k

codes

I only like pokemon games
Years
    • Age 32
    • L.A
    • Seen Sep 14, 2005
    I've heard alot about rm2k i have alot of questions about,but not enough time to post them all could someone tell me if it's an emulator if it is how do i get it???thanks in advance!!

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • it is a computer program used to make Role Playing Games, made by ascii but introduced to the world by the "RM2K-world's greatest sinner" Don Miguel. It's a program, not an emulator. You make your own games, and with it you can play other RM2K production as well. RM2K3 is out but it's strongly not recommanded to use it as it's extremely buggy, and completely illegal (ascii gave up their legal rights for rm2k so it's legal now, but in return they punish the world by refusing to release rm2k3 outside of japan).

all rm2k related posts go to Other Games section for now until further notice. thanks in advance.

RM2K- role playing games maker 2000

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    frosty is correct.

*moves*

^_^ Nice. I couldn't have said it better.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • RM2K is completely free online. You can download them quite easily along with RTP files. tons of tutorials and files can be found on the internet as well.

i don't know about the PSX RPG Maker. Most likely better than RM2K as RM2K is quite old now. However i don't know if you can distribute projects made on the PSX RPG Maker as easily as RM2K... Plus RM2K being a program on the computer allows you to introduce new RTP files (RTP = graphics) so your program is constantly updated. You will have to judge yourself about PSX RPG Maker and RM2K. But give it a shot first...

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • it's not a big problem, as the patch fixed it quite easily. if you download RM2K from a friendly site it would tell you that in advance. Plus i don't really like the enter hero name feature... as all of your character conversations would be rather troublesome then (maybe it's an easy one to fix... i never looked into that)

Don Miguel is hunted everywhere already for his crimes... so don't worry about him. ascii is trying their best to press the charges on him already for their major lost on RM2K.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • um... no... since this is a crime over the internet, it is very difficult for ascii to get anything out of him. First of all they do not know who Don Miguel is in real life (anything can be simply lies on the internet). He can be anywhere in the world so ascii is fighting a losing war. They're trying their best to get something back in return. And now as a punishment, no rm2k3... awww....
    (release is still rather limited with rm2k3... as some stupid idiot decided to be Don's disciple and released rm2k3 into the world of internet)

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2004
    Hi there...

I actually found this community yesterday looking for rm2k stuff on google.

Actually, I have all the info you need to know about rm2k.
    As you know don miguel(or however you spell) translated it into english, there where no charges pressed aginst him because complied with rule about not updating his rm2k site anymore, as far as i know he is to have nothing to do with the rm2k or rm2k3 without seirius consiquences.
    And about Rm2k3 actually it was being distrubuted in japaneze buy dark damion and some other sites, hoping for someone to traslate it for them, untill one day someone translated it, but it had errors, the battle system was messed up. and i am sorry to say it but I WAS THE ONE TO MAKE THE TEMPORARY BATTLE FIX FOR IT.... anyway someone fixed the error with a patch download, afterward it got popular at alot of sites, and is actually used by ALOT of people, I could give you 3 sites right off the top of my head for it.
    Back to the release of Rm2k3, enterbrain decided if everyone would just simply take away the downloads for the rm2k(they could keep using it and keep their sites up though) off thier sites, enterbrain would release an offical english verison, BUUUUUUT, some sites did not comply so as far as I know, once they comply the offical english version will be released.

now if anyone would like any info on rm2k(i dont do rm2k3 anymore) just ask me, I do graphix, storylines, cms's and cbs's, tutorials, and anything you can do in event wise.

(I used to have my own rm2k site but I took it down due to my work on my new flash cartoon site.)

Back