• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RM2K3 or RMXP?

Which is better at pokemon games?

• RM2K3

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • RMXP

Votes: 8 61.5%

• Total voters

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    Three words: None of the above...okay maybe 4 but when I tried RM2k3 it was way to restricting...and now I can't uninstall it >.< ....but I dont mind RMXP cause it has Ruby scripting.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    umbreon135 said:
    Three words: None of the above...okay maybe 4 but when I tried RM2k3 it was way to restricting...and now I can't uninstall it >.< ....but I dont mind RMXP cause it has Ruby scripting.
    I might have known you'd be hear to bash RM2K/3. :P But everyone has they're preferences. Some people like ease and other's, like you probably, prefer the advantages of free coding.

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    phoenix316 said:
    I might have known you'd be hear to bash RM2K/3.
    If you ever see something about RM2k/3 expect me to bash it. People are just lucky I dont go tell Enterbrain :\

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    I bet they'd be glad to hear from you! :P But people do have they're own opinions and there must be a reason why it's the most widely used and supported program on the net.

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    I dunno but there is lots of japanese translated software for free on the net =\

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    VERGE and ika...they're pretty good there is also Fury2 which I can't get to work....but Game Maker is kinda messy and the major disadvantage is you have to pay for more features and remove the ads.

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
    Years
    I tried Game Maker and ever since I got RM2K, I forgot all about it. I like the RM series but the problem with RMXP is that you can only have 1024 x 768 resolution, why?

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    Is Fury2 complete? I thought it was in still being made, by Hiretsukan, I think. I haven't really seen any games in VERGE and Ika that have made me consider using it, but then again I haven't really been looking for any either.
    I can't stand Game Maker's map editor. It just makes me wanna smash my had through the screen five minutes into using it. I've tried very often to make platform games in GM but the map editor just made me give up.

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    I was successful starting a Pokemon game in GM but then I couldn't find what was wrong with the code and the map editor I agree took me tooooo long to make a room.

EDIT: I remember now!!! The game was gonna be called Pokemon Emerald until I figured out there is gonna be an Emerald for GBA >.<

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    Do you know any other programs capable of making decent platform games. That is something I've always wanted to do.

I reckon it would be hell trying to make a Pokemon game in GM. I remember a game called Pokemon: Sardonyx Shard. It looked promising and was online but the maker gave up on it because of all the hassle.

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    Hm...pffft....it would be easier to make a platform game for the GBA using C++ instead of using Gayme Maker.

Back