• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RMT this simple but powerful team

Gabriel-

Home run!!
    Years
    This team brought a lot of wins to me on shoddy, so how is it:

Breloom (M) @ Toxic Orb
    Ability: Poison Heal
    EVs: 236 HP/236 Atk/16 Def/20 Spd
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Protect
    - Spore
    - Mach Punch
    - Seed Bomb

This is a anti-common lead. As most people expect subpuncher set, it will real big suprise and also finish of weakened foes.

Cresselia (F) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP/108 Def/148 SDef
    Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk
    - Ice Beam
    - Psychic

My dual wall. Takes on Garchomp and Infernape very well.

Salamence (F) @ Choice Specs
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
    Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Draco Meteor
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Flamethrower
    - Hydro Pump

The so famous SpecsMence hits every thing hard with Draco-Meteor that isn't resistant to it, even Blissey.

Swellow (F) @ Toxic Orb
    Ability: Guts
    EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/6 SDef
    Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Brave Bird
    - Facade
    - Pursuit
    - U-turn

Toxic orb in place of Flame orb is to take less damage as the opponent soon as he sees Swellow, he will bring out his physical wall.

Donphan (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP/6 Atk/252 Def
    Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Rapid Spin
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Shard
    - Stealth Rock

My physical wall and rapid spiner. Spin off spikes and stealt rock and set the trap.

Regice @ Leftovers
    Ability: Clear Body
    EVs: 252 HP/126 Def/56 SAtk/76 SDef
    Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Ice Beam
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk
    - Thunderbolt

My special wall, it's really durable.

Last edited:

Galbinus

Speeds.
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2008
    I like your team. C: It has two rather uncommon Pokemon in it (Breloom + Swellow) which gives it the element of surprise. I don't really have any suggestions for it, but I sort of like Endeavor on Swellow (I'm not sure why, I just do. It can come in useful at times I think, though a little tricky to use).

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Reflect
    - Moonlight
    - Ice Beam
    - Charge Beam

Moonlight Sucks. Rest-Talk, please. Hail, Sandstorm, and Rain destroy its effectiveness.

Years
    • SC
    • Seen Apr 16, 2008
    I agree with Dunsparce. Many people have lately been using rain dance and those moves, which destroy the effectiveness of moonlight. Definitley Rest/Talk combo.

Years
    Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Reflect
    - Moonlight
    - Ice Beam
    - Charge Beam

How can it take on Infernape? Ice Beam does nothing and Charge Beam needs to give you a stat boost before you can actually "hurt" Infernape.Moonlight, like several people have suggested,use isn't thanks to Abomasnow and Tyranitar and Hippowdon releasing weather which hurts Moonlight immediately.You're better off with Rest and Sleep Talk.It also would be a 2HKO on Garchomp while a Swords Danced Life Orb Outrage can kill your Cresselia before it can launch the second Ice Beam, therefore making it unable to "take on" Garchomp.

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday

Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Draco Meteor
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Flamethrower
    - Hydro Pump

The so famous SpecsMence hits every thing hard with Draco-Meteor that isn't resistant to it, even Blissey.

No, Draco meteor does ass to blissey......

Even more lol is Timid Nature...... Modest please or its about as effective as a wet shoe....Timid doesnt even make it outrun anything particularly threatening to mence, so its redundant.

How does it beat ape, Charge beam does ass, as does Ice Beam and a Nasty Plot Life Orb'd Flamethrower is a 2HKO on Cress........

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Those Regice EVs I don't get. You might as well put those SDef EVs (or at least most) into Def, as SDef EVs are kind of meh on Regice. If you really want to focus on special walling, go ahead and buff it up, but that would take more EVs.

Anyways, your only physical wall has no way to recover. This team really has a lot of trouble with most sweepers. Azelf will make a fool of everything here as will Mixed Infernape. Heracross also gives this team a ton of problems. Weavile is a really big pest and Heatran...watch out. Raikou might hammer this team the worst, as it sets up in Regice's face and will just murder this team.

Years
    This team brought a lot of wins to me on shoddy, so how is it:

Breloom (M) @ Toxic Orb
    Ability: Poison Heal
    EVs: 236 HP/236 Atk/16 Def/20 Spd
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Protect
    - Spore
    - Mach Punch
    - Seed Bomb

This is a anti-common lead. As most people expect subpuncher set, it will real big suprise and also finish of weakened foes.
    They don't expect SubPuncher, they expect SporePuncher.That means they Spore,you sleep,they kill with Focus Punch.Anyway,Skarmory can easily survive Mach Punch and Seed Bomb enough so that it can kill Breloom with Brave Bird or Drill Peck so be wary of that.

Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Reflect
    - Moonlight
    - Ice Beam
    - Charge Beam

How can it take on Infernape? Ice Beam does nothing and Charge Beam needs to give you a stat boost before you can actually "hurt" Infernape.Moonlight, like several people have suggested,use isn't thanks to Abomasnow and Tyranitar and Hippowdon releasing weather which hurts Moonlight immediately.You're better off with Rest and Sleep Talk.Ice Beam would also be an unaccomplished 2HKO on Garchomp while a Swords Danced Life Orb Outrage can kill your Cresselia.Charge Beam also gets absorbed by Garchomp itself.Infernape can Nasty Plot while you can't do anything and like previously said by someone else,2HKO Cresselia.
    Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Draco Meteor
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Flamethrower
    - Hydro Pump

Like Dark_Azelf said,Timid just won't help it enough.Mild or Modest are better since this makes Specsmence stronger and gives it the privilege to OHKO Bulkydos,a powerful,bulky,and popular version of Gyarados.While a Timid one cannot do so.Blissey isn't hit hard by Draco Meteor either.It can't 2HKO it.If it could,then maybe it hits hard.
    This team needs a better Cresselia and Specsmence needs Modest/Mild nature or it can't OHKO Gyarados with Draco Meteor and die from Ice Fang.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Um I think it's been established that Cress doesn't handle Nape in this instance ;)

Modest should be used just because Timid doesn't help Mence at all. Gyarados shouldn't even be a problem. If it switches into you, whether Mence is Modest or Timid Dos is dead. While Timid might not OHKO, you can outspeed and kill Dos the next turn anyways.

As for switching in to Gyarados, Modest would certainly help for the benefit of OHKOing, but Gyarados will either attack you or flee (depending on its moveset).

But yes, Modest is superior.

Oh, looking at that edit just now...well, Cress does beat Infernape now. Really though, Breloom is one of those pokemon that can beat Skarmory, putting it to waste isn't really all that great in my mind.

Also if you're leading with Breloom, it's pretty obvious it'll have Mach Punch or something to mess up common leads.

Back