• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[RMXP] Starter Kit for making Online Pokemon Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

cesa

Teh Game Developah
Years
Yea, but what I need is how to make my server playable by other users. Like my friends, how can I do so they connect exactly to my server?

cesa

Teh Game Developah
Years
Can someone help me? I don't know how to make my server public to others. I have heard of hamachi, but don't know what to do with it. Help?

Poeman

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 1, 2012
Can someone help me? I don't know how to make my server public to others. I have heard of hamachi, but don't know what to do with it. Help?
Before making an MMO why not try googling about how to host an online game instead of begging other people, always google first, because this has been answered a ton of times.

cesa

Teh Game Developah
Years
Ok, thanks Poe :) I'll google it.

Nope, I can't find anything.

Last edited:

partyghoul2000

Intermediate Game Designer
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 24, 2014
i know im bumping a month old thread, but is it possible to get a eta on the next release? im looking forward to pvp battling as soon as it's done.

Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2022
hi to all, well after searching in alot of forums, reading alot of guides tuts, and alot more i found these kit, and is awesome, the only problem i have is when the wild battles end a error ocurre:

Code:
Script 'Main' line 47: NoMethodError occurred.

undefined method `main' for #<PokeBattle_Scene:0xa6d1f30>

i really dont know what to do, so if someone know how to fix this plz help me.

thx in advance ^_^

Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2022
i know im double posting but, come on ppl, really? no body nows? :(

i really want to fix it but i dont know much of scripting yet but im progressing little by little, and some of u maybe allready fix it plz help me with this :(

Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2022
ok, my third post in a row, but this time is for posting the solution for wild battles and using items in battles aswell:

in the beggining of PokeBattle_Scene enter this:

def main
$scene = Scene_Map.new
end

and in PokeBattle_ActualScene line 1999 take the # out:

#oldsprites=pbFadeOutAndHide(@sprites)

so is like this:
oldsprites=pbFadeOutAndHide(@sprites)

the only problem now is the chat, it disappears affter battles, but still working (like its invisible)

i hope this helps someone else.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
Sorry guys but I can't continue this any more. The plan was to have it finished this summer but I turned out to be too busy. Now my life is way too busy with school stuff and I'm committed to a bigger project now (iDroid Project). I will try and release the work I have done so far on the Ruby Server for 2.0 which includes the ruby server (duh :P) and some modifications to the backbone of the networking protocol in the project itself. It will require some work as I was changing all the functions to newer, more stable and efficient commands in the Network script and that needs completing along with the server's commands. So far connect, register and login has been done. (To give you an idea of the workload, map updates, trade, chat, bubble chat, etc etc must be completed before its use able again.
Thanks,
Alex.

Years
  • Seen Nov 1, 2010
hey guys Im have a issue with something hope someone can help me when I try battleing a pokemon in the grass pokemons skills don't work and I get this error log
Message: undefined local variable or method `oldsprites' for #<PokeBattle_Scene:0x99a8b88>
PokeBattle_ActualScene:2052:in `pbItemMenu'
PokeBattle_Battle:2369:in `pbItemMenu'
PokeBattle_Battle:2439:in `pbCommandPhase'
PokeBattle_Battle:2400:in `loop'
PokeBattle_Battle:2455:in `pbCommandPhase'
PokeBattle_Battle:2389:in `each'
PokeBattle_Battle:2389:in `pbCommandPhase'
PokeBattle_Battle:724:in `pbStartBattleCore'
PokeBattle_Battle:723:in `logonerr'
PokeBattle_Battle:723:in `pbStartBattleCore'
Exception: NameError
Message: undefined local variable or method `value' for #<PokeBattle_Battler:0x96f0880>
PokeBattle_Battler:91:in `type1'
PokeBattle_Move:90:in `pbTypeModifier'
PokeBattle_Battler:1125:in `pbSuccessCheck'
PokeBattle_Battler:1212:in `pbProcessNonMultiHitMove'
PokeBattle_Battler:1485:in `pbUseMove'
PokeBattle_Battler:1462:in `loop'
PokeBattle_Battler:1488:in `pbUseMove'
PokeBattle_Battler:1746:in `pbProcessTurn'
PokeBattle_Battler:1745:in `logonerr'
PokeBattle_Battler:1745:in `pbProcessTurn'
if anyone can help me with this I would be very great full thanks in advance. And if the fix for this was posted else where I'm sorry and would be great full for a link for it so I can check it out thanks.

Years
This is cool, very nice. I got it working on Hamachi and im playing with my cousin. Im trying to reset everything, so we would start form picking 1 pokemon. I allready did the part where i pick pokemon and now im trying to reset the pokemon in the party and in the pokemon center. And im adding some maps in =)

Oh BTW I also fixed the PokeBattle_Battle error which chaosxii had but its not a very advanced way of fixing it XD. I just mixed the PokeBattle_Battle and PokeBattle_Battler scripts (took the old scripts and put them with the new scripts and so i have 2 scripts old and new) Well it fixed ther error so im happy XD

Ok but i have one question, why does the butten some times work very slow (most of the time the work fine, but then i press c or any other butten 100 times before it works) except the arrow keys, they work fine. So plz can you tell me whats wrong or send me in a direction where i can fix it

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
This thread is a little over two months old. The limit to reviving threads is two-months, so I have to lock this. If the thread creator wants this thread open, then he can PM me.

-locked-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back