• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RMXP to R4

JokerBen

Director of Pokémon Nobelium
Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2023
    This is a silly question, and I totally have it coming if it is obvious. But, is there any way I can convert RMXP Encrypted Files to an R4 Card? I don't care if you guys make fun of me for asking this, but I don't know.

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    Don't see why not... You would have to change the scripts though, a lot... You will also have to find the right dlls and change the button configs and screen size most probably... Then there's the errors, you won't know about them, they will just stop your consol, no warning... This information is not from me it's from a friend who ironically uses these cards for movies and gaming himself... But you're welcome to attempt this and since he has been in uni for 3 years studying computers and stuff and he still won't attempt it, I'm going to say, good luck to you.

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
    Years
  • On the topic of any type of conversion between platforms: NO! It would take a lot of work, and there is a heavy chance that it won't work. I myself am willing to say without a doubt %100 that there isn't a way. This is just like asking if it is possible to publish RMXP games to mobile devices. Ask yourself, "has it been done before?". If not, then it the chances of it working are too slim.

ChaosLord

Game Dev Wanderer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2013
    It isn't possible with RMXP. Rom Hacking however, is a whole different story.

JokerBen

Director of Pokémon Nobelium
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2023
    Ok. Case closed. Thank you all for your awnswers, I will keep this open in case anybody has any ideas.

Herpahermaderp

I liek Mudkipz
    Years
  • Well, if you know some pretty good C coding, and could convert the RMXP stuff to C, then you could use the DS Game Maker. Although, sadly, there isn't any 3D support.

Back