• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roaming Species/Map Errors

Years
  • So if I post the contents of tonight's error log, can someone help me work out a) if this is one error or a bunch of errors b) roughly where I messed up to cause this and c) what I need to do to fix it?

Exception: NameError
    PField_RoamingPokemon:50:in `pbRoamPokemon'
    PField_RoamingPokemon:98
    PField_RoamingPokemon:93:in `call'
    Event:54:in `trigger'
    Event:49:in `each'
    Event:49:in `trigger'
    PField_MapFactory:202:in `setMapChanged'
    PField_MapFactory:180:in `setup'
    PField_MapFactory:145:in `initialize'
    PScreen_Load:425:in `new'

Like, scrolling through the PField_RoamingPokemon bit shows me where I think the problems are (lots of little red #s scattered about) but I'm not sure if they're the cause or the symptom.

And I can't even find this uninitialized constant. According to google it means something isn't capitalized right but I've gone over everything I've changed a few times and I'm pretty sure everything is?

Basically, I've worked out that it's something to do with maps, and might be down to my deleting all the default maps (minus Intro) to start with a clean slate. But will it fix itself if I just copy the old maps back in for now or have I messed things up big time?

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    The RoamingSpecies array should be in the script section Settings. Maybe you accidentally deleted it.

Years
  • Closer to the opposite - it was blank and on the instructions of https://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Tutorial:Creating_a_new_Game I added
    RoamingAreas = {}
    RoamingSpecies = []

Unfortunately removing those lines again didn't solve the error - it came up again unchanged. I did wonder if I needed to put some data in one/both sets of bracket but the tutorial said we'd 'get to that later' so I assumed it would be fine ...

Back