• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Rocket Rising

seattles

contemplating.
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 8, 2018
so I just choose to put it into the rocket rising folder when im opening it?

yes, the app prompts you to extract in which folder you prefer and voila, just need waiting to finish and you can play the game where you extracted it.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Dec 18, 2019
I started a new game, and when I beat nugget bridge, I got to keep all my pokemon...which im totally fine with!! lol

when I try to teach ratatta take down, submission, it says gastly or weedle cant learn this move yet

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 27, 2018
I downloaded and extracted the patch, but when I start it, it says RPGVXAce RTP is required to play this game. What's that? I don't think my tablet can run that too.

seattles

contemplating.
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 8, 2018
I downloaded and extracted the patch, but when I start it, it says RPGVXAce RTP is required to play this game. What's that? I don't think my tablet can run that too.

It's a setup. You can download the RPGVXAce RTP by finding it on google. I'm not sure if a setup will work on tab though. How about you try? You just need to extract the file.

EDIT: 1. I found a bug where you aren't able to recruit Ichiro if you do the Dojo first before the Saffron Takover. I finished battling the Dojo and then I went for the Takeover next because Ichiro won't say to 'challenge the dojo' until Takeover is done. But I didn't. Now I can't recruit him. :c

2. Also, funny thing is, I visited Mt. Moon. I went through the place where Redra tells you to 'hide' in the escaping through Mt. Moon even.t I chose daytime. I went through forward this time (finished the Redra mission and all), it then froze until a few seconds, an random event started. I suppose it was a part of Redra mission? They went underground of Mt. Moon, in Redra's words. It's completely random and it made me lol. (Found a bug.)

3. And another but I don't know if it's normal or not: I'm finding my Pokemon losing health whenever I use the 'attack' button in the battle commands. When I'm trying to preserve my Pokemon's MP by using a simple attack, however, now I'm worrying over the health because it decreases when I use it. D: Is it supposed to be a challenge? o:

4. I can't go down the Pokemon Tower, I passed the letter to Fuji-san but when I try to go down the Tower, Maxx is blocking the way with his dialogue from the character's first mission in Lavender.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 27, 2018
It's a setup. You can download the RPGVXAce RTP by finding it on google. I'm not sure if a setup will work on tab though. How about you try? You just need to extract the file.

Thank you very much. It's working. Best wishes everyone.

3. And another but I don't know if it's normal or not: I'm finding my Pokemon losing health whenever I use the 'attack' button in the battle commands. When I'm trying to preserve my Pokemon's MP by using a simple attack, however, now I'm worrying over the health because it decreases when I use it. D: Is it supposed to be a challenge? o:

It isn't a bug. It is mentioned in the game that the Attack option costs some HP. Maybe on nugget bridge at the start of the game.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 27, 2018
I've done the Saffron dojo quest and chose Hitmonchan. I guess you haven't done its skills yet. It has no skills at all.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 24, 2020
Progress: Patched some things that people mentioned, I'll get to the rest as soon as I can

how do you patch this game?

Hopefully you got this working, but if not...
If you have WinRAR, (or any other program that can open .rar files?) you should right click it and you can extract it and it will look like your normal Rocket Rising folder.
Then just copy-paste in your Save Data as normal.

I started a new game, and when I beat nugget bridge, I got to keep all my pokemon...which im totally fine with!! lol

That... I have no idea how that's possible. You have Charmander and Pikachu and all of them? Even after getting transferred to the Base??

when I try to teach ratatta take down, submission, it says gastly or weedle cant learn this move yet
Ahhh I messed up with ordering stuff correctly. The system checks each Pokemon individually to see if they're the one learning the move, and I messed up where the Weedle part "ends". I'll fix it all by next patch.

Yeah, seattles explained it well! The RTP is just a package of graphics and music that comes along with the VxAce program.
You can download the RTP here http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/download/additional/run-time-packages and that should fix your problem.

EDIT: 1. I found a bug where you aren't able to recruit Ichiro if you do the Dojo first before the Saffron Takover. I finished battling the Dojo and then I went for the Takeover next because Ichiro won't say to 'challenge the dojo' until Takeover is done. But I didn't. Now I can't recruit him. :c

2. Also, funny thing is, I visited Mt. Moon. I went through the place where Redra tells you to 'hide' in the escaping through Mt. Moon even.t I chose daytime. I went through forward this time (finished the Redra mission and all), it then froze until a few seconds, an random event started. I suppose it was a part of Redra mission? They went underground of Mt. Moon, in Redra's words. It's completely random and it made me lol. (Found a bug.)

4. I can't go down the Pokemon Tower, I passed the letter to Fuji-san but when I try to go down the Tower, Maxx is blocking the way with his dialogue from the character's first mission in Lavender.

1. There was a mistake with Ichiro where only Hitmonlee would make him believe you actually won at the dojo. Fixed now.

2.I'm not sure if you meant stuff happened in the Mt Moon Cave where you fall through the floor, or if you meant on the Rt right next to Cerulean, but either way I double checked both and neither 'cutscene' should play now if you're in those areas.

3. Hey, that one's actually a feature! Yes, using normal Attacks will take a little bit of health away from your Pokemon. It's meant to make things challenging, a little more strategic, and mostly to encourage/force people to use Skills as much as possible.

4. OH I forgot there was a thing on the floor that gives you Maxx dialogue. Maxx isn't physically there on the 5th floor right?

seattles

contemplating.
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 8, 2018
Thank you very much. It's working. Best wishes everyone.
It isn't a bug. It is mentioned in the game that the Attack option costs some HP. Maybe on nugget bridge at the start of the game.

I see. I didn't start a new game and instead, load my previous save data so I hadn't known the tidbit. Salt has already told me about that.

1. There was a mistake with Ichiro where only Hitmonlee would make him believe you actually won at the dojo. Fixed now.

2.I'm not sure if you meant stuff happened in the Mt Moon Cave where you fall through the floor, or if you meant on the Rt right next to Cerulean, but either way I double checked both and neither 'cutscene' should play now if you're in those areas.

3. Hey, that one's actually a feature! Yes, using normal Attacks will take a little bit of health away from your Pokemon. It's meant to make things challenging, a little more strategic, and mostly to encourage/force people to use Skills as much as possible.

4. OH I forgot there was a thing on the floor that gives you Maxx dialogue. Maxx isn't physically there on the 5th floor right?

Thanks! I'm looking for other bugs but either way, I have noticed some things and they're usually in minors. But I have another bug where I talked to Idris, it was during the lieutenant promotion. When he's about to walk away, the game froze because I was standing in front of him. The scene didn't automatically start.

2. I'm not that good at explaining. Haha. ;;

3. I see. Thank you! I actually panicked when I noticed, just a tad bit. It is pretty challenging. :D

4. Yes, he's not there but his dialogue comes up. Can't train my Pokemon no more. D: I'm trying to level up Magikarp and have it evolve to Gyarados.

And oh, I used the Skill Tracker. Both Pikachu's and Magikarp's skills display Zubat's list of skills instead. Hitmonchan too but I suppose you haven't fixed the skills yet? (:

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 11, 2020
First of all i want to thank u for the game, it is awesome and really refleshing! :)
I want to report some bugs as well. I cant progress further in the Dojo, i talk to the guy i win the first match and then the game freezes :(
In Saffron i had to do both of the options in order to get the bar filled in Pippi's event, i hope it wont affect me later on.
Keep up the good work! Cant wait for the rest of the game

Last edited:

seattles

contemplating.
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 8, 2018
First of all i want to thank u for the game, it is awesome and really refleshing! :)
I want to report some bugs as well. I cant progress further in the Dojo, i talk to the guy i win the first match and then the game freezes :(
In Saffron i had to do both of the options in order to get the bar filled in Pippi's event, i hope it wont affect me later on.

Hello!

What version of Rocket Rising are you using? Salt made a patch for version 5 you can see here.

Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2018
I'm currently using the most up to date version, but my game constantly crashes whenever I try to initiate the first battle against the kid with the caterpie. I don't think there's anything else I can do to progress other than to fight him, so I'm kind of stuck

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 11, 2020
Hello!

What version of Rocket Rising are you using? Salt made a patch for version 5 you can see here.
Oh silly me! I read the whole page and i totally missed it! I will download it now :) Thanks for letting me know! :D
Extracted the patch and i managed to get hitmochan, but the dude outside doesnt believe me that i won :/ I have already the control of the Saffron.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Dec 18, 2019
cant check hitmochans skill checker, and I cant mutate him on the current patched version.... wonder what his new type will be...flying perhaps?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 27, 2018
I stole at least 30 pok?mon, so I chose my Pikachu. The Skill Checker shows Zubat/Golbat's skills even though I'm checking Pikachu. After 40 stolen pok?mon, I chose Abra, which has the same problem as Pikachu.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 24, 2020
Progress: Updated the ver5patch.rar http://www.mediafire.com/file/ux1w3cbmspnbnnz/RocketRising_ver5patch.rar

I fixed all the TM's so they don't get caught in the Weedle section
Using the Mutagen with the Scientist will show a visual menu of all your Pokemon, and all Pokemon are now mutateable (except Hitmonchan/Hitmonlee)
There is now a Daycare system on the 3rd floor of the Rocket base. You will get exp per step, like in the games. (Please avoid the Daycare on Rt 5, it will be replaced with some kind of event later)
You can no longer do Pippi's event twice.
Idris during Promotion event will play the scene automatically now

Skills are still mostly unusable for now, I'm trying to figure out a better system for the Skill Checker.

Thanks! I'm looking for other bugs but either way, I have noticed some things and they're usually in minors. But I have another bug where I talked to Idris, it was during the lieutenant promotion. When he's about to walk away, the game froze because I was standing in front of him. The scene didn't automatically start.

Fixed this! I forgot to autorun the event.

And oh, I used the Skill Tracker. Both Pikachu's and Magikarp's skills display Zubat's list of skills instead. Hitmonchan too but I suppose you haven't fixed the skills yet? (:

Yeah, the Skill stuff I still need to do!

Extracted the patch and i managed to get hitmochan, but the dude outside doesnt believe me that i won :/ I have already the control of the Saffron.

Seattles told you about the dojo. :)
I fixed the Pippi event so you can't do it twice, there's also Funding Guy who will give you a point during the CinnabarPokeCenter/Lab sidequest! But as long as you have the Saffron points you should be good either way.
Glad you enjoyed it!

Yes, the Hitmonchan problem should be fixed in the patch I just posted!

I'm currently using the most up to date version, but my game constantly crashes whenever I try to initiate the first battle against the kid with the caterpie. I don't think there's anything else I can do to progress other than to fight him, so I'm kind of stuck

When your game crashes, what does it say? Is there any error on the screen? Also: do you mean the kid on the Nugget Bridge?

cant check hitmochans skill checker, and I cant mutate him on the current patched version.... wonder what his new type will be...flying perhaps?

Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee won't be mutateable, unfortunately. Getting to the Skill Checkers later!

I stole at least 30 pok?mon, so I chose my Pikachu. The Skill Checker shows Zubat/Golbat's skills even though I'm checking Pikachu. After 40 stolen pok?mon, I chose Abra, which has the same problem as Pikachu.

Sorry, Skill Checker still needs some work.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Dec 18, 2019
this patch wants me to start a new game, the first patch let me continue from my last save? did I do something wrong?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 11, 2020
Patched the game with the latest file, now i have both hitmonlee/chan xD
About the Cinnabar side quest
Spoiler:

Thanks in advance!
Edit:I did run the quest before patching in a different file and it doesn't have any lag spike issues, i thought i had to let u know!
Edit2:The spikes are gone as soon as i return the quest, so it's not a big deal!
Can't wait for the continuation of the story! :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 27, 2018
Patched the game with the latest file, now i have both hitmonlee/chan xD
About the Cinnabar side quest
Spoiler:

Thanks in advance!
Edit:I did run the quest before patching in a different file and it doesn't have any lag spike issues, i thought i had to let u know!
He is in Saffron City. Good luck.

Back