• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Rocket Rising

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Dec 18, 2019
Garadose didn't learn bite and did not learn thunders hock after mutation. Fix him on the update please thanks

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Sep 4, 2021
I am looking everywhere for the new recruits, but can't find them. Did anyone find them and can tell me their locations?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Dec 18, 2019
are we gonna get the elite 4 update, or do we have to wait because school started again and you wont have time to work on it until Christmas break

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 5, 2017
I need some help I got the mission to take over the Pokemon fan club in saffron , but I getting
I will come back when I'm stronger. I'm I missing some thing or do my pokemon need be a certain level

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
I need some help I got the mission to take over the Pokemon fan club in saffron , but I getting
I will come back when I'm stronger. I'm I missing some thing or do my pokemon need be a certain level

There's a mission for that. Don't worry ATM.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 24, 2020
Progress: School is crazy hard, and I'm not getting a lot of free time to keep my grades up AND do balance Rocket Rising. I haven't done much in the past month besides study.
I'm definitely part way through the Elite Four event, but it's big and I can't release it in chunks otherwise it will definitely break somewhere.
It's all planned out though, I just need the actual time to sit down and throw energy into it.

I'm also trying to pepper in side events and recruiting possibilities that you can do between League rounds, since each round gets successively harder than the last.

Sorry guys, I know you're being patient but since summer free time is over it's gonna take awhile for me to get anything done.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Dec 18, 2019
Progress: School is crazy hard, and I'm not getting a lot of free time to keep my grades up AND do balance Rocket Rising. I haven't done much in the past month besides study.
I'm definitely part way through the Elite Four event, but it's big and I can't release it in chunks otherwise it will definitely break somewhere.
It's all planned out though, I just need the actual time to sit down and throw energy into it.

I'm also trying to pepper in side events and recruiting possibilities that you can do between League rounds, since each round gets successively harder than the last.

Sorry guys, I know you're being patient but since summer free time is over it's gonna take awhile for me to get anything done.

thanks for the progress this summer, and good luck with the schooling. cya elite 4 till December lol

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
Thanks for the massive progress this summer.

I think this game really have potential.

I have been following the game for over 2 years now, and have a total play time of about 19 hours, on my current save (without all the game overs)... Please keep adding great and difficult content.

Will be looking forward to December!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 24, 2020
Progress: I've added two new recruitables, Tali and Morgan (I need more guy characters...) and I'm getting through the League stuff.
Not too much progress during the school year, unfortunately, but I have been working on it here and there.

I realized I may have misunderstood this. You're using version 5.5?
Before that patch there may have been an error where the base wouldn't get taken over if you somehow got TOO MANY takeover points.
(https://www.mediafire.com/file/3mjvvjzjplw1pso/RocketRising5-5.exe)
As long as you're using this patch, and did at least 4 extra missions (Pokemart, Copycat, Salon, Pippi, or the Funding Guy from the Cinnabar Pokecenter sidequest) then this patch will let you take over the Saffron Base when Idris tells you to.

Thanks for the massive progress this summer.

I think this game really have potential.

I have been following the game for over 2 years now, and have a total play time of about 19 hours, on my current save (without all the game overs)... Please keep adding great and difficult content.

Will be looking forward to December!

Yeah you've been here for a long time! Jeez, 19 hours is forever. I'm glad you've been enjoying it!

AkioMoto

Seer of Ledian's true power!
Years
so when I was playing I went to pewter city and I really confused the game "I'm way past the museum quest" and when the earthquake happened again in mount moon the game soft locked figure I'd say something

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 24, 2020
so when I was playing I went to pewter city and I really confused the game "I'm way past the museum quest" and when the earthquake happened again in mount moon the game soft locked figure I'd say something

Huh, that definitely shouldn't happen. You're using the most recent, 5-5 right? Where are you in the story?

In the current version you shouldn't get any Redra conversations as long as you're anywhere past the PokeCenter with Maxx mission.
In the earlier versions that conversation would still happen if you visited it anytime before the Fuchsia Park event. Which was a bit unfair, which is why it got fixed.

AkioMoto

Seer of Ledian's true power!
Years
Huh, that definitely shouldn't happen. You're using the most recent, 5-5 right? Where are you in the story?

In the current version you shouldn't get any Redra conversations as long as you're anywhere past the PokeCenter with Maxx mission.
In the earlier versions that conversation would still happen if you visited it anytime before the Fuchsia Park event. Which was a bit unfair, which is why it got fixed.

I have 5-5 and I'm before the cerulean gym event so I'm not sure what happened I got there through diglet cave and then it happened and I got warped

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
This is probably the pokemon game with the best features. I mean there is ACTUAL ATTACK and GUARD???? .nough said. the best.

Ok, here is my feedback at first glance.
I wont go on and talk about all the awesome features u have (ATB?? Skill Usage System??.. amazing!). And the rest are all great BUT ofc there are also some things that i dont really understand or find fitting.

Here they are

The item system: What i understand is that u wanted to add some form of customization on the pokemons but i dont think actual GEAR fit the pokemons. So im going to suggest something else ( i dont think ull need to do any changes code-wise).
Instead of Accessory, Armor or Weapon slots i suggest u add something and call it: Souls sytem, OR Empowerment system, Or Spirit system. This system will offer 3 slots (as many as you want) where you can equip a sort of something and that something can enchance stats, skills, give new passive/active skills to the pokemon, or whatever else you want, its up to you.
The idea is: Your pokemon has 3 (again the number is a quick guess of mine representing your gear slot system) open slots of (whatever the name is) which allows you to further boost your pokemon.

----

Luck Stat: Hmm i never understood the purpose of Luck in games, i mean, Luck itsself is not any kind of real attribute, ppl mostly add it to create balance. Anyway all cool.

Regarding stats, you could also add:

Reflexes which increases:
Chance to dodge, Chance to critical or even Chance to hit.

Focus which increases:
Chance to resist a mental attack (effects like Sleep, Confusion, etc)

----
Question.
I didnt notice any sort of types, did u remove them ? (would be awesome). Because if you remove the types you can do something else. You can add INHERIT passive skills to each pokemon, meaning, these will be skills with each each pokemon "borns"/exists. Like for example. Pikachu being the electric type he is, can have lets say +20% resist to electic dmg. Another skill. When below 35% HP increases Electric attacks' damage by 30%.
Those are just 2 skills i came up with, if you can up with more skills then awesome. Just make sure the skill fit each pokemon (i can help you with ideas!).

---
Also, im not sure whats the formula behind physical attacks' damage. But what if you make physical attacks deal damage based on your Attack? (or they already work like than and i am just being stupid?:) )

---
Another thing i suggest is: in-combat make pokemons have their REAL size, for example, if Raichu is a little bigger than Pikachu, we should be able to see it. I believe real sizes add to the immersion, things feel more real.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 24, 2020
Progress: The Pokemon League event is very nearly finished! I'm testing out the last round of Trainers, and the climactic end fight. That's probably where I'll end for this update,

I have 5-5 and I'm before the cerulean gym event so I'm not sure what happened I got there through diglet cave and then it happened and I got warped

Oh I see. It should get fixed after the Cerulean Gym event. I'll adjust the event in game so it fixes earlier in the future.

This is probably the pokemon game with the best features. I mean there is ACTUAL ATTACK and GUARD???? .nough said. the best.

Ok, here is my feedback at first glance.
I wont go on and talk about all the awesome features u have (ATB?? Skill Usage System??.. amazing!). And the rest are all great BUT ofc there are also some things that i dont really understand or find fitting.

Here they are

The item system: What i understand is that u wanted to add some form of customization on the pokemons but i dont think actual GEAR fit the pokemons. So im going to suggest something else ( i dont think ull need to do any changes code-wise).
Instead of Accessory, Armor or Weapon slots i suggest u add something and call it: Souls sytem, OR Empowerment system, Or Spirit system. This system will offer 3 slots (as many as you want) where you can equip a sort of something and that something can enchance stats, skills, give new passive/active skills to the pokemon, or whatever else you want, its up to you.
The idea is: Your pokemon has 3 (again the number is a quick guess of mine representing your gear slot system) open slots of (whatever the name is) which allows you to further boost your pokemon.

The item system mimics the Pokemon series pretty closely. There are all kinds of items in Pokemon, like Leftovers or Quick Sashes or so on. It's really difficult to just transfer those items over to an ATB system though, so I just shifted to something a little more Final Fantasy with the Weapons and Accessory.
But you've pretty much got it in that Accessories do things like enhancing stats, or giving immunity to certain Move-types!

Mercilec said:
Luck Stat: Hmm i never understood the purpose of Luck in games, i mean, Luck itsself is not any kind of real attribute, ppl mostly add it to create balance. Anyway all cool.

Regarding stats, you could also add:

Reflexes which increases:
Chance to dodge, Chance to critical or even Chance to hit.

Focus which increases:
Chance to resist a mental attack (effects like Sleep, Confusion, etc)

Luck, in VX Ace, is used to avoid Status ailments like Sleep and Confusion. Just like the Focus stat you mentioned!
But that isn't obvious from the name "Luck". There's probably a way to erase it visually from the game but I haven't dug into the code yet.
Reflexes are interesting, because that is a hidden stat within the game that can be affected by certain items and such. I don't know why it's default hidden in VX Ace. Again, a coding thing I would have to dig into to get it to show up.

Mercilec said:
Question.
I didnt notice any sort of types, did u remove them ? (would be awesome). Because if you remove the types you can do something else. You can add INHERIT passive skills to each pokemon, meaning, these will be skills with each each pokemon "borns"/exists. Like for example. Pikachu being the electric type he is, can have lets say +20% resist to electic dmg. Another skill. When below 35% HP increases Electric attacks' damage by 30%.
Those are just 2 skills i came up with, if you can up with more skills then awesome. Just make sure the skill fit each pokemon (i can help you with ideas!).

Pokemon Types are still around! All of your own Pokemon, and your enemies, have strengths and weaknesses to skills based on your type. Even in the intro Nugget Bridge, if you use Pikachu's electric moves against the birds, you can see that they are weak to those electric moves.
But because some Pokemon have types that change when they evolve, there's not a place that I can put their Types. There are only descriptions for Actors, not Classes (which would change from Charmeleon class to Charizard class during evolution).
For this same reason you may have noticed that the Description of your Pokemon doesn't change when it evolves.

TL;DR Types exist but there's nowhere good to put that information except for attack skill icons.

Mercilec said:
Also, im not sure whats the formula behind physical attacks' damage. But what if you make physical attacks deal damage based on your Attack? (or they already work like than and i am just being stupid?:) )

---
Another thing i suggest is: in-combat make pokemons have their REAL size, for example, if Raichu is a little bigger than Pikachu, we should be able to see it. I believe real sizes add to the immersion, things feel more real.

a.hp -= (a.hp * 0.1).to_i; [a.atk * 2 - b.def * 1, 1].max is the ATTACK FORMULA.
So it is based somewhat on your Pokemon's attack (a.atk) and somewhat on your opponents defense (b.def).
Attack formulas are very interesting.

Making Pokemon their real size... it's something I've thought about, and I might tackle it once I've gotten the game's plot finished. I think it could add some interesting looks to the battles! Giant pokemon like Onyx side by side with little ones like Pikachu or Pidgey.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Dec 18, 2019
better move sets for arodactyl and fix gyradose skill pool ...gonna need them to beat the elite 4

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 24, 2020
better move sets for arodactyl and fix gyradose skill pool ...gonna need them to beat the elite 4

Aerodactly has... Wing attack -> Whirlwind
Quickattack->Tailwhip->Agility->Scary face
Bite->Hyper Fang
and Hyper Beam.

What other moves should it have?

Yeah in the current update Magikarp is hard coded to learn bite when it evolves to Gyrados.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Dec 18, 2019
Aerodactly has... Wing attack -> Whirlwind
Quickattack->Tailwhip->Agility->Scary face
Bite->Hyper Fang
and Hyper Beam.

What other moves should it have?

Yeah in the current update Magikarp is hard coded to learn bite when it evolves to Gyrados.

crunch , and a good rock attack ..ancient power , rock slide? sky attack.... and I was referring too gerydoses mutated form...the skill set is not fully operational.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen May 27, 2018
hello.... Loving the game and the idea of being a vilain .... but I am stuck with Redra mission I can't pick her house lock

Last edited:
Back