• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Rocket Rising

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2020
    Progress: I need Giovanni boss battle music. Searching for fitting music is always hard.

Just a suggestion but maybe you should have a discord server (or a social media page)

Hm, maybe? I'm not sure there's enough people playing this game for a server or a media page.
    The whole "Final Fantasy/non-linear villain Rocket game" thing is pretty niche.

Is there a way to evolve a trade pokemon (like haunter)

Haunter will evolve into Gengar at lvl 35

So First I want to say that I really love this game. Second I ran into a problem where I did something while playing and it deleted my save file. On top of that I cant save so needles to say that game is lost. However I can't save a new game when I start. anyone else ever run into this? I tried searching But did not see anything about this happening in the past. (And yes I even deleted and reinstalled the game)

So I tried downloading it again and I can save this time...... Still not sure what went wrong so any answers about what could of caused would still be helpful....if it happens again XD

Wow, I haven't heard of that happening before. You either somehow messed with the save file script, or something to RPG Maker itself, but I have no idea which.
    There weren't any pop ups, or script errors, or anything? What were you doing/where in the game were you around when the save file got deleted?

I'm glad it ended up fixing itself, but wow that seems strange.

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2022
    Progress

Wow, I haven't heard of that happening before. You either somehow messed with the save file script, or something to RPG Maker itself, but I have no idea which.
    There weren't any pop ups, or script errors, or anything? What were you doing/where in the game were you around when the save file got deleted?

I'm glad it ended up fixing itself, but wow that seems strange.

Well to be honest It had fixed it self. It happened again this time after I had gone to Desktop with the windows key and then after going back to the game I hits the key that brought up the little squares where you can pick your bike and other stuff. That kept flashing and when I went to save before exiting the game Same problem could not save and save files gone. As far a messing with scripts I wouldn't know how to even get to them to mess with them. In the end it is fine Its on my aunts computer I have it at home on mine and that is fine.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    Progress: I think I've found a good cutting point for the bad ending, the good ending I'm still checking out for any bugs.

Hmm, this might actually be possible. When you begin the game you could choose between a Switch for Normal or Difficult, and on difficult modes all the Trainer and Boss battles would be a couple of levels more difficult.
    This would either mean making different Enemies for all of those fights (which would involve copy-pasting almost every fight in the game and then making them a little tougher), or just increasing their HP by a certain amount using VX Ace's system (easier, but not really "more difficult").
    Unless there's a script somewhere for increasing enemy stats.
    I'll see what I can find.

Ah yeah, a lot of older games were like that. You couldn't get the true ending, or the real boss, unless you were on the harder difficulties.
    I don't see that much in games nowadays.

I once beat the Rocket at Nugget Bridge. It resulted in I kept all of the start pokemon. I don't know if you fixed it :), but it took me about 5 tries. I think I did it with Pikachu, Butterfree and Pidgey, but I dunno

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2019
    I once beat the Rocket at Nugget Bridge. It resulted in I kept all of the start pokemon. I don't know if you fixed it :), but it took me about 5 tries. I think I did it with Pikachu, Butterfree and Pidgey, but I dunno

I did that once too, you try to beat the game with those monsters on ur team, or did it freeze?

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2020
    Progress: http://www.mediafire.com/file/u80d6oxofc1gn9b/RocketRisingtemp.exe
    This should have the League from start to finish, ending with the big fight and a split into Good ending Bad ending.
    I need to give the League another run through to really test it for completion, and also finish up some Bike animation tweaks, and I think there are some sidequests I started on with the Rocket Recruits, which I may not have finished properly, so I should test those again too.

If you feel like running through and being the first to find glitches and errors, it's here for you. Merry Holidays!

Well to be honest It had fixed it self. It happened again this time after I had gone to Desktop with the windows key and then after going back to the game I hits the key that brought up the little squares where you can pick your bike and other stuff. That kept flashing and when I went to save before exiting the game Same problem could not save and save files gone. As far a messing with scripts I wouldn't know how to even get to them to mess with them. In the end it is fine Its on my aunts computer I have it at home on mine and that is fine.

Interesting. The windows key maybe did something to it, and then saving during that corrupted the save file? I'll test this on my end and see if I can replicate it.

Ahhh yeah I remember that. I had to immediately fix it. I'm still super impressed you managed to beat that guy.

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2019
    great update, exploreing any other new stuff around the rigion..... gerydoses mutated skills are not present yet....hopeing to see thundershock.... other then that awesome awesome....thanks for the chirstmas gift! got a triple trainer loop against a trainer in the bug forest...hey found a bug at bug forest lol

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2020
    great update, exploreing any other new stuff around the rigion..... gerydoses mutated skills are not present yet....hopeing to see thundershock.... other then that awesome awesome....thanks for the chirstmas gift! got a triple trainer loop against a trainer in the bug forest...hey found a bug at bug forest lol

Magikarp is hard coded to learn thundershock while mutating now. But that might not be transferring to an already mutated pokemon?
    If you've already mutated it I can add that thundershock-addition into the "glitch board" at the Rocket base for you.

Agh, which Trainer did a triple loop in the forest?

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2019
    Magikarp is hard coded to learn thundershock while mutating now. But that might not be transferring to an already mutated pokemon?
    If you've already mutated it I can add that thundershock-addition into the "glitch board" at the Rocket base for you.

Agh, which Trainer did a triple loop in the forest?
    I think it was the second one going into virdien forest from pewter...a girl I believe....and I did a quest and got stuck in the book shelf messing it up , rt 2. ...yeah I mutated it already.....oh yeah that be nice with the glitch bored thanks.. and do I have to find the riddle for blaine in the game instead of google LOL. thanks for replying fast!

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    The championship was easy using the Toxic tm...

Spoiler:

Oh, did I tell you, that I beat it on my fourth try with the method, it took me about 1 hour to beat the new version. :D

I think other people will find it difficult

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2020
    I think it was the second one going into virdien forest from pewter...a girl I believe....and I did a quest and got stuck in the book shelf messing it up , rt 2. ...yeah I mutated it already.....oh yeah that be nice with the glitch bored thanks.. and do I have to find the riddle for blaine in the game instead of google LOL. thanks for replying fast!

Ah okay, I fixed the book shelf problem. Did you win against the girl and she just kept fighting you? And she's the only one that did that?

Blaine's riddle answers don't really appear anywhere. But yeah, google is too OP.

The championship was easy using the Toxic tm...

Spoiler:

Oh, did I tell you, that I beat it on my fourth try with the method, it took me about 1 hour to beat the new version. :D

I think other people will find it difficult

Hmm, I don't think it's that Poison is too strong on its own, you've just found a really good strategy for going full defense while it whittles away your opponent.
    I'll throw the opponent an Elixir maybe, and that should clear that up.

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2019
    Ah okay, I fixed the book shelf problem. Did you win against the girl and she just kept fighting you? And she's the only one that did that?

Blaine's riddle answers don't really appear anywhere. But yeah, google is too OP.

well google says your word is the right answer everywhere..kind of odd it don't work, but yeah I beat her and I ended up fighting all the other trainers in just beat in the forest

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2020
    well google says your word is the right answer everywhere..kind of odd it don't work, but yeah I beat her and I ended up fighting all the other trainers in just beat in the forest

Answers for the gym riddle include
    Spoiler:

I can add it to the list.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2022
    I've had a lot of fun with this game so far, but here are some of the problems i've run into.

1) When I first went back to mount moon right after with Redra to grind, Redra's sprite would show up at the bottom like the quest had restarted but there was no dialog or anything so I had to close out the game. This later fixed when I had to go through for the scientist attacking quest. Also when I took Redra to the power plant she would get stuck and the game wouldn't progress if I told her I found other things.
    2) Everytime I enter the Pokemon tower and go to the stairs where your character questions if they feel guilty or not the dialog option pops up.
    3) In Virmilion if you enter the pokemon fan club the dialog about needing to come back later reloops. Along with this The bar for Virmilion won't go away.
    4) The pokemon daycare isn't working for me. Anytime I walk into the door text pops up saying Not Implemented.
    5) Gyrados and Gengar's sprites aren't showing up in the skill tracker along with the game not recognizing that they've lvled up. Gyrados didn't learn bite and Gengar didn't learn anything new if it does.

Again this is a really fun game and i've greatly enjoyed it. Thank you for taking the time to make this project and keeping working on it. :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    I am struggling to progress further into the game; I have taken over Saffron City and Vermilion City, but now I'm stuck. The only way it seems I can go further is to get 40 stolen Pokemon so I can get a Pokemon for Idris or meet with Erika. Would anyone know how to achieve either of these objectives? I've been through most of the Kanto region and it appears that I have battled most of the trainers, so I'm unable to get any more stolen Pokemon. Any help would be kindly appreciated.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2019
    I am struggling to progress further into the game; I have taken over Saffron City and Vermilion City, but now I'm stuck. The only way it seems I can go further is to get 40 stolen Pokemon so I can get a Pokemon for Idris or meet with Erika. Would anyone know how to achieve either of these objectives? I've been through most of the Kanto region and it appears that I have battled most of the trainers, so I'm unable to get any more stolen Pokemon. Any help would be kindly appreciated.

some places gain new trainers, like cinnabar mansion, and lavender tower for some extra pokes, and some other places get new trainers throughout the game, so keep looking lol

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    some places gain new trainers, like cinnabar mansion, and lavender tower for some extra pokes, and some other places get new trainers throughout the game, so keep looking lol

I've managed to progress now; I wasn't looking hardenough I was able to get into the Safari Zone and steal three Kangaskhan. Completing the Safari Zone side quest has updated the routes with newer trainers, allowing me to steal a Pokemon from one of them and bringing my stolen Pokemon count up to 40.

I lose track of my progress when I wait a long period of time for an update. Anyway, thank you for your assistance, supereffective.

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2019
    I've managed to progress now; I wasn't looking hardenough I was able to get into the Safari Zone and steal three Kangaskhan. Completing the Safari Zone side quest has updated the routes with newer trainers, allowing me to steal a Pokemon from one of them and bringing my stolen Pokemon count up to 40.

I lose track of my progress when I wait a long period of time for an update. Anyway, thank you for your assistance, supereffective.

lol that secret entrance is so suspect LOL

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2018
    Hey I just found your game and downloaded it but, when I launch the game, it is super tiny. Is there any way to make the game resolution a whole lot bigger?
    Edit: Alt + enter doesnt work and neither does F1 fullscreen

Last edited:
    Back