• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Rocket Rising

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2020
    Hello !

I have a problem regarding the Vermillion City boat event ( where you challenge the captain ) : i entered his room once but i had to leave cause my team wasn't strong enough and now i can't return to his room anymore , it's only saying " i don't wanna disturb the passagers" . I don't have the message when you need to enter all the answers ( number of the room , favorite food etc )

edit : well nvm , i restarted so won't be a problem now i guess

Last edited:

hirokimura

Miltank's Fanboy Number One
    Years
  • Back to pokecommunity after some long months of inactivity and first thing I wanted to check was definitely Rocket Rising's progression !
    I'm gonna download the latest version to catch-up, expect another review SaltRoad.
    To be fair, this will be my 7th walkthrough x)

Sesh

Subjectively Objective
    Years
  • That was so amazing man.

Well written, great characters, and what a heart wrenching plot.

I decided to play my first playthrough with my trainer going full on criminal by the end. It was also amazing to see the nuance of morals in the rocket gang as well.

I'll have a hard time going back to being a good guy in Gen 8 x)

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2020
    Progress: I have some scattered ideas for more recruits, but nothing concrete. Been watching too many wholesome tv shows, not enough villains for inspiration. Things will pick up again in the summer, I'm sure.

Back to pokecommunity after some long months of inactivity and first thing I wanted to check was definitely Rocket Rising's progression !
    I'm gonna download the latest version to catch-up, expect another review SaltRoad.
    To be fair, this will be my 7th walkthrough x)
    Exciting! I'm glad you wanted to check up on Rocket!

Thank you for the download~!

Just one question: are you going to eventually add the mutagens for Saffron, Lavender, and Fuchsia?

Thanks for letting me know the link was broken!
    I'll be adding a mutagen to Mr. Psychic's house in the next bit. Not sure about Lavender and Fuchsia yet. Lavender Town is so tiny, I'll probably have to have it belong to a recruit.

That was so amazing man.

Well written, great characters, and what a heart wrenching plot.

I decided to play my first playthrough with my trainer going full on criminal by the end. It was also amazing to see the nuance of morals in the rocket gang as well.

I'll have a hard time going back to being a good guy in Gen 8 x)

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it! I like how different people have different ideas of "right" and "wrong", and how they justify it, so writing the Rocket members is always fun.

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2020
    hey i downloaded the game today n it is so cool and i am in saffron city centre can someone tell me the codes i am confused man pls can someone help me thnaks in advance

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I have a question about Achievement #5:

Spoiler:

About the Mutagen in Lavender Town: Maybe it could be connected to the Gym that gets created there?

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2021
    I have a suggestion,how about an option to skip the guard minigame in Sliph Co. if someone doesn't feel like going through all three floors of it?

Maybe only available if your Gastly knows Hypnosis,with the skip text being like "Gastly put the guards to sleep,allowing you to move on to the last floor" if you chose this option at the start of the minigame?

Silent Memento

Future Authoress
    Years
  • I found a bug. Payday will crash the game, I believe when it ends with KOing a final mon. I have a spliced Persian, and even as a spliced Meowth, it crashed the game when I used payday.

Also, Tentacool's move via mutation isn't there.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2020
    cant use the skill tracker after evolving pikachu

near the end of mt moon there doesnt seem to be an end to the earthquake

when mutating vulpix its saying tectacool is mutating

Last edited:

Silent Memento

Future Authoress
    Years
  • Found three more bugs.

In Mt. Moon, during the gauntlet, it sometimes shows messages about being spotted, even if you never did the day mission with Redra. It ends the game if you get "spotted."

Also, during the Emma wedding sidequest, it says that you have fourteen seconds, but it immediately cuts to the wedding after you click the button to stop the message screen. So it's impossible to steal the Pokémon. This wasn't a problem in the last patch, so I'm not sure what's going on with that.

Also, for some odd reason, when regular Abra evolves - at least, I think it's when it evolves; I'm not totally certain - it says spliced-Kadabra in the description, and you can't splice it, but it's exactly the same as regular Kadabra.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2020
    EDIT 6/24: Updated the 1.0patch to include the bug fixes listed so far.

Still alive, just haven't had much chance to do any decent work. Real life stuff has leveled off though so I'll start with tackling bug reports and getting to people's messages.
    Thanks for all your messages, everyone

Found an error with pictures showing up underneath sprites, not above them. I imagine that'll show up in... a lot of places. Cinnabar puzzles, Lavender Tower, Rock tunnel, etc. Checking through.

Checking Meowth's payday. The system might just be moving too fast to keep up with in some ways now. Text particularly seems to glitch it, like with Maxx's countdown fight.

I have a question about Achievement #5:

Spoiler:

They don't show up in the wild because they need an event to add to the counter, unfortunately. Working around that has been... tricky.

I have a suggestion,how about an option to skip the guard minigame in Sliph Co. if someone doesn't feel like going through all three floors of it?

Maybe only available if your Gastly knows Hypnosis,with the skip text being like "Gastly put the guards to sleep,allowing you to move on to the last floor" if you chose this option at the start of the minigame?

Haha man everyone really hates that guard section. But having the ability to skip it seems like such a cop out though!
    EDIT: Actually, since NewGame+ is a thing now, those players shouldn't HAVE to do it twice.

I found a bug. Payday will crash the game, I believe when it ends with KOing a final mon. I have a spliced Persian, and even as a spliced Meowth, it crashed the game when I used payday.

Also, Tentacool's move via mutation isn't there.

Tentacool seems to learn it at lvl 28, not on mutation as it should. I'll fix that.

Testing Meowth now.

cant use the skill tracker after evolving pikachu

near the end of mt moon there doesnt seem to be an end to the earthquake

when mutating vulpix its saying tectacool is mutating

Pikachu should be fixed at next patch
    lol poor Vulpix. I'll fix the name.
    Lemme check mt moon and see what's up.
    EDIT: Okay, Mt Moon had the earthquake that triggers during NightRedra mission, and didn't go away till plot point 21. Shifted it to 12, added in a slight shift to the Redra conversation too.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2021
    Okay,I beat the game,but I can't enter Cerulean Cave again with Isdra,she just say something like "No hesitation at all" and we don't move inside the cave or anything.

I did kill Giovanni and Oak though,so I'll try today without killing either. Where is the map again?

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2021
    I think there is a bug with my save file
    I got hitmonchan from fighting dojo but it didn't have commet punch.I trained it until lv 7 and learned agility but still dont have commet punch

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    Love the game so far but unfortunately when i tried to traverse Mt moon i got stuck in cut scene of a tremor without a chance to get out of it

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2021
    the blue moviment bar is charging very slowly(it was normal).This has happen sudently and battles are taking 4x more time

is there a way to fix this?

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2019
    hey just checking out hows its going love love the game......just a suggestion increased difficulty everytime you beat the game kind of like diablo torment so its kind of never ending in a way yeah. might tackle this today to steal more pokemon and see what others are available

Back