• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Rocket Rising

Years
  • Hey! Fantastic game! Chansey's softboiled is super helpful! However, her softboiled in addition to any in-battle healing item (including revives, potions..) hav stopped working as intended. They now attack and deal damage to the enemy instead of healing my party. Help?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2020
    Progress: Been fixing skill errors and animations and putting the final touches on the bonus dungeon. Still need to run it through entirely to see that it works as intended.

Very important question: where is the best place to grind before the pokemon league? I can't find a place where the grinding isn't brutal at this point. Also, how do you evolve Haunter into Gengar?

Secondarily, how do you conquer Vermillion? I've talked to everyone I can but I can only get 5/6 points. I've done the pokemon center and mart, the Louis quest, SS Anne quest, beat Surge and helped the slowpoke guys twice. Nobody I talk to gives me hints as to what the sixth point is.

Also, possibly gme ending bug on my end: sometimes when I enter the pokemon league, every time I use "abilities", it just does a normal attack... and since those fossils resist the normal attacks, I may not be able to complete the game. EDIT: I figured it out. I can't turn the "Berserk" advantage off, meaning I can only use normal attacks against the rock types of the final area- so I just can't win. This is also has some funny effects on my game, as now I can apparently use another advantage in addition to Berserk. Please fix this...

Overall great game. Very fun and unique.

There's not really a great place to grind atm. Sorry, it's on my To-Do list. Haunter evolves into Gengar at level 35!

Berserk didn't have a "remove at end of battle" part so it'll just stay around forever once applied! Whoops! I'll fix that.
    Thanks for pointing that stuff out!

Hey! Fantastic game! Chansey's softboiled is super helpful! However, her softboiled in addition to any in-battle healing item (including revives, potions..) hav stopped working as intended. They now attack and deal damage to the enemy instead of healing my party. Help?

Hmm, maybe you have the same Berserk issue as the other person?
    Is it only Softboiled and Potions, or have ALL move just become like normal attacks?

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2020
    Hey there's a new update! https://www.mediafire.com/file/yhbdv6z1ste4cvb/RocketRising2.exe/file

Included is various bug fixes I promised, and the Cerulean Cave, which has 8 levels of puzzles and fights, all with your favorite Lieutenant... Idris!
    ...No? Nobody wanted a dungeon together with Idris?

I'll also put in a way to get into the dungeon without Idris, but first I have to figure out what to replace them WITH.

-Berserk should remove at the end of battle so it's not permanent now
    -Idris Secret cave should be enterable if you want to grind,
    - I have a full actual system for Weapons now, which are Type based and have 3 "tiers". You'll find them scattered around, plus purchasable at the Celadon Dept. Store and the Indigo League.
    - I plan to include Legendary weapons in place of the Legendary Birds. You'll get one at the bottom of the Cerulean Cave.
    -Streamlined rewards for recruitment and sidequests so I can adjust them from a common event. You'll get xp for recruiting people, both xp and gold for sidequests, and these will increase proportionally as you get through the storyline. So hopefully less boring grinding will be necessary.

I probably now need two similarly difficult dungeons for the other two weapons (Seafoam or Victory rd maybe?) but that's a future problem.

I feel like all the battle variables (advantages, weapons, accessories, skills, cheat items, mutagens) are fully sketched in now, which feels great. I can start to balance now.

Enjoy! And let me know about any bugs you find!

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2024
    My Skill Checker is bugged, and I can't move it. What are the moves that Magikarp can learn, or can he only learn after evolving?

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2024
    Got to cerulean cave and mewtwo offered me to remove my pokemon's mutagen. Really nice guy, even raised my Gyarados level from 37 to 58 somehow.

Last edited:

Silent Memento

Future Authoress
    Years
  • I think that the spliced Raichu skill checker is bugged. I can't move the skill-checker past the Raichu point, and the Raichu sprite doesn't show up. It may be Magikarp as well, but I think it's the Raichu that bugged it.

Also, Mt. Moon isn't accessible until after the Idris mission. It basically goes to the point of the night mission if you try to access it too early. Thankfully, so far, there doesn't seem to be any "someone spotted me" prompts in Mt. Moon like there was.

One more thing is that if you get experience points from recruiting people and level up a Pokemon to the point where it would evolve, it doesn't even give a prompt to evolve.

I do love the tiered-weapon idea, though, and I'm still playing it through.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    I see there have been updates since my last posts. I'll definitely be playing this again and report any bugs I find.

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2023
    Is crobat a possibility in this game? Or is Golbat kind of a waste of time? Also, are all trade evolutions lvl 35? (gengar, alakazam)
    Also, is there a spot to grind? The scientists at the league are wiping me.
    Edit: beat the scientists, my rival seems fairly OP. Am I suppose to spend 2-3 days grinding minimal exp to not get one shot by alakazam? I just dont see this being possible when its taken me the whole story and some grinding just to get a gengar?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2023
    So I'm playing on the latest version and got the pokemon from the game corner but the lieutenants keep saying to get the pokemon from the game corner. Am i missing something or...?

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2021
    I'm having trouble getting the Salon in Saffron to the blue-haired Rocket... I get the coin purse from Izabel, trade it for the Secret Recipe, but the Salon girl still wants her 500 coins... what am I doing wrong?

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2024
    how do i get more pokemon? i only have 2 :( i am about 2 houres into the game

One way to get some is when you are battling another person throw a poke ball at it when the health is low. You will be able to capture t as you are a member of team rocket.

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2021
    I think my save is buged.The moviment bar is charging very slowly(4x slower),but if I start a new save it charges normaly

is there a way to fix it?

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2022
    I think my game is bugged or something weird is going on. I'm trying to start the powerplant mission but everyone keeps saying that i need more pokemon, I already have 30 stolen and redeemed at the game counter. how many do I need to continue. Thanks

Back