• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Rocket Rising

Silent Memento

Future Authoress
Years
  • Just a question for you, SaltRoad: I actually started writing a fanfic about Rocket Rising, but I didn't want to post it here without your permission. Is it okay if I do that? If you do, I promise to give you credit and link your thread to my chapters; if not, I promise not to post it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2020
    Just a question for you, SaltRoad: I actually started writing a fanfic about Rocket Rising, but I didn't want to post it here without your permission. Is it okay if I do that? If you do, I promise to give you credit and link your thread to my chapters; if not, I promise not to post it.

You wrote a fanfic about Rocket Rising? That's the coolest thing I've ever heard! Definitely post it! I want to read it immediately!

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2020
    Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    I am quite confused on how to recruit Lauritz and the Witch in Lavender town :/ Anyone got any ideas?

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2020
    The Witch in Lavender Town is recruitable after you recruit a secret friend of hers.
    Spoiler:

Lauritz is found in the Viridian Pokemart, and he just wants to hear stories of your cool Rocket adventures.
    After plot checkpoint 21 he'll be sufficiently impressed, and want to join up.

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    The Witch in Lavender Town is recruitable after you recruit a secret friend of hers.
    Spoiler:

Lauritz is found in the Viridian Pokemart, and he just wants to hear stories of your cool Rocket adventures.
    After plot checkpoint 21 he'll be sufficiently impressed, and want to join up.

Thanks. I got Lauritz right after I posted.

Spoiler:

Oh and I found a bug.

Trying to check Omanyte's skills in the skill checker opens Spliced Golbat's skill tree instead.
    Also, I'm not sure if this is a bug or it's intended but Growth gets used on opponents instead of the user...

By the way, which places are best for grinding before the League? I've sorta been raising every Pokemon I got (except for Kadabra who's in the daycare) so my team is somewhere between levels 20 and 30. I tried to tackle the League but even the first guy wipes the floor with me. Wish Idris' cave was still open :(

Last edited:

Silent Memento

Future Authoress
    Years
  • Has the evil route scientist/daycare glitch been fixed?

Also, I know it's late, but I posted the second chapter of my Rocket Rising fanfic~

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    Another question I have is.... will the Trainer School ever get implemented? I see it on the map above Vermilion but it says it's not implemented. I think that would be a cool spot.

EDIT:

I know at this point it may seem like I'm nagging but the more I play, the more questions I have. Could you please explain how Mutations work? It seems pretty straightforward for pokemon that only have one type like Rattata, but it gets a little confusing for dual-type Pokemon. What I'm asking is... do dual-types become triple-typed or do they drop one of their typings in favour of the Mutated one?

The reason I'm asking is not only for gameplay purposes but also because I want to start writing a fanfic about Rocket Rising as well so I could really use the clarification.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    I'm at plot checkpoint 23, grinding in Idris' Cave. For some reason, I get this error every time I try to open the skill checker. https://prnt.sc/tc9l6e

Not sure if it has to do with my Haunter evolving, evolving Pikachu into Raichu or simply with Idris basically walking on top of the walls inside the cave. But every time I try to open the skill checker I get that error and the game crashes.

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2020
    So my e-mail hasn't been letting me know that there's replies here! Fun.

I'll get to people's questions/bug reports chunk by chunk.

Thanks. I got Lauritz right after I posted.

Spoiler:

Oh and I found a bug.

Trying to check Omanyte's skills in the skill checker opens Spliced Golbat's skill tree instead.
    Also, I'm not sure if this is a bug or it's intended but Growth gets used on opponents instead of the user...

By the way, which places are best for grinding before the League? I've sorta been raising every Pokemon I got (except for Kadabra who's in the daycare) so my team is somewhere between levels 20 and 30. I tried to tackle the League but even the first guy wipes the floor with me. Wish Idris' cave was still open :(

Oh nice catch with Omanyte! Looks like all the Fossils were just going to Zubat's skill tree. Will be fixed by next patch. Same with Growth, that should definitely be the user and not the opponent whoops.
    Hm so your team is 20-30 by the League huh? That's good to know, I need to still tweap xp gain from sidequests and such.

Has the evil route scientist/daycare glitch been fixed?

Also, I know it's late, but I posted the second chapter of my Rocket Rising fanfic~

I think I fixed that a little while ago, so it should work!
    Aw I like how useful Savagery is! What a good rattata.

Another question I have is.... will the Trainer School ever get implemented? I see it on the map above Vermilion but it says it's not implemented. I think that would be a cool spot.

EDIT:

I know at this point it may seem like I'm nagging but the more I play, the more questions I have. Could you please explain how Mutations work? It seems pretty straightforward for pokemon that only have one type like Rattata, but it gets a little confusing for dual-type Pokemon. What I'm asking is... do dual-types become triple-typed or do they drop one of their typings in favour of the Mutated one?

The reason I'm asking is not only for gameplay purposes but also because I want to start writing a fanfic about Rocket Rising as well so I could really use the clarification.

Trainer School is an idea I juuuust came up with recently, so it still needs a lot of work. Not anytime soon though!

Okay so, Mutations.
    Spoiler:

Also, could you please upload this to mega nz? mediafire doesn't work for me.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15UISFrpSs3AgY-QWdByOLdJFtXe3ERCC/view?usp=sharing

Hm, will a Google Drive work? The more platforms I upload to the more I will forget to update them with a current version.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2020
    I think i ruined my game, and now the game is repeating events at random.

I was in that mission "The gauntlet"

After i go to viridian forest, and then viridian with Redra and i had to fight some guy. Since i couldn't win, i decided to go back to base (i made a teleporter in Pewter city back to Celadon)

Trained a little, got a pikachu and gyarados and i mutated them, went to Cinnabar to train, after that, i decided i was ready to return to viridian, so i take the teleporter to Pewter city, and as soon i teleport, the old redra event start replaying (the one after they KO a guard in a museum) they walk to a cave and it freezes.

So i load the game again, and go to my base, and it's repeating the event of rescue Idris from jail, but because i already completed that event, Idris is nowhere and i'm stuck in cerulean.

Also the guards in the houses in the corners of safron don't let me pass, like at the start of the game.

If i go to viridian now, the event with Redra is gone and i got stuck in viridan.

I guess the only solution would be to play from the start?

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2020
    I think i ruined my game, and now the game is repeating events at random.

I was in that mission "The gauntlet"

After i go to viridian forest, and then viridian with Redra and i had to fight some guy. Since i couldn't win, i decided to go back to base (i made a teleporter in Pewter city back to Celadon)

Trained a little, got a pikachu and gyarados and i mutated them, went to Cinnabar to train, after that, i decided i was ready to return to viridian, so i take the teleporter to Pewter city, and as soon i teleport, the old redra event start replaying (the one after they KO a guard in a museum) they walk to a cave and it freezes.

So i load the game again, and go to my base, and it's repeating the event of rescue Idris from jail, but because i already completed that event, Idris is nowhere and i'm stuck in cerulean.

Also the guards in the houses in the corners of safron don't let me pass, like at the start of the game.

If i go to viridian now, the event with Redra is gone and i got stuck in viridan.

I guess the only solution would be to play from the start?

Well, first of all I'm gonna fix the teleporters so you can't make new ones during the gauntlet. Didn't think of that solution.

How many plot checkpoints do you have?
    It should say under your savefile. If you're at the viridian gauntlet area it SHOULD be like, 21. But I think you somehow broke it by lowering your checkpoints, since the guards of Saffron won't bother you otherwise, and the Redra event shouldn't play if you're up there either.
    No idea how you're getting the rescue idris event, is it night time? Because that's technically a whole different map, not the "normal" Cerulean.

I'll probably have to go in and fix it for you manually, so go ahead and send me your save file.

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2020
    Oh, yeah, the plot checkpoints for that file are now on "5".

Well, don't worry, i already started a new game (and my plot checkpoints are now on 14), as i wanted to pick other pokemons from the game corner , so for the next time i know what to not do during that gauntlet mission.

Also now the pewter museum mission with redra i pick during the day, i could fight Brock (wich i couldn't last time, since i pick night).

The one bug (or maybe is on purpouse?) is inside MT. Moon, during gauntlet, sometimes it say "someone is comming this way" and "Oh no, they saw me" and is game over, it is normal that you can't watch the enemies or save in certain parts? whenever that text appeared i just run back to the stairs to the previous room.

Cataclyptic

Everything I say is a lie
    Years
  • Very important question: where is the best place to grind before the pokemon league? I can't find a place where the grinding isn't brutal at this point. Also, how do you evolve Haunter into Gengar?

Secondarily, how do you conquer Vermillion? I've talked to everyone I can but I can only get 5/6 points. I've done the pokemon center and mart, the Louis quest, SS Anne quest, beat Surge and helped the slowpoke guys twice. Nobody I talk to gives me hints as to what the sixth point is.

Also, possibly gme ending bug on my end: sometimes when I enter the pokemon league, every time I use "abilities", it just does a normal attack... and since those fossils resist the normal attacks, I may not be able to complete the game. EDIT: I figured it out. I can't turn the "Berserk" advantage off, meaning I can only use normal attacks against the rock types of the final area- so I just can't win. This is also has some funny effects on my game, as now I can apparently use another advantage in addition to Berserk. Please fix this...

Overall great game. Very fun and unique.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    Very important question: where is the best place to grind before the pokemon league? I can't find a place where the grinding isn't brutal at this point. Also, how do you evolve Haunter into Gengar?

There isn't a good place to really grind pre-league. So what I did is level up in Idris' cave as much as possible before finishing that particular quest. Haunter will evolve into Gengar through level ups. I believe at level 40. Can't remember exactly though.

Back