• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ROFL WAFFLE! I GOT MAH UBERZ!

UberChomp

Tyrant Of The Sand
    Years
    Please be aware before you rate my team that I am fairly new at the ubers metagame, this is one of first uber rmts, I am posting this team up which I am quite confident in due to the time and thought I have put into this. Thank you for taking your time to rate my team. Now...

UberChomp's Uber Team

Dialga
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Pressure
    Nature: Careful
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Attack / 252 Special Defense

-Rest
    -Sleep Talk
    -Bulk Up
    -Dragon Claw

My status absorber, he'll soak up Dark Voids thrown from Darkrai, this set is great overall, very widely used. Just Rest when in need of restoring and HP and Sleep Talk my way through the battle, Dragon Claw will hit hard after a couple Bulk Ups.

Groudon
    Ability: Drought
    Nature: Impish
    EVs: 252 HP / 176 Defense / 80 Special Defense

-Stealth Rock
    -Thunder Wave
    -Dragon Claw
    -Earthquake

Darkrai
    Item: Choice Scarf
    Ability: Bad Dreams
    Nature: Modest
    EVs: 52 HP / 252 Special Attack / 204 Speed

-Dark Void
    -Spacial Rend
    -Dark Pulse
    -Thunderbolt

Pretty standard, I really need a speedy special sweeper so I'm giving Darkrai that job. Dark Void is obviously used to put frightening foes inot a very aggrevating sleep. Spacial Rend for obvious reaons, Dark Pulse for some good special Dark STAB, Thunderbolt over Thunder because its more reliable when it comes to accuracy.

Mewtwo
    Item: Life Orb
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 42 HP / 252 Special Attack / 216 Speed

-Calm Mind
    -Ice Beam
    -Aura Sphere
    -Grass Knot

Calm Mind and perform a speedy sweep is the name of the game here. I have Grass Knot in the set because I need someone to be able to nail Groudon. Life Orb'd Aura Sphere OHKOs Tyranitar. Ice Beam for obvious reasons.

Garchomp
    Item: Yache Berry
    Ability: Sand Veil
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Attack / 252 Speed

-Swords Dance
    -Outrage
    -Fire Fang
    -Earthquake

Lol, I just caught this, when I switched up my rmt and put in SDYache instead of CBChomp, I kept CBChomp's description here, lol, my bad. But anyways, SDYache Chomp is flat-out best, no doubt. I'm sticking with it.

Scizor
    Item: Expert Belt
    Ability: Technician
    EVs: 176 HP / 100 Attack / 176 Special Defense / 56 Speed

-Pursuit
    -U-Turn
    -Roost
    -Light Screen

Expert Belt over Life Orb because I'm sure Scizor needs every last HP he can get when he's in ubers. This set is pretty much obvious, read D_A's explanation if you need one. No Bullet Punch because this is not a Platifail RMT.

Last edited:

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Quick rate for now, but I highly believe that your Lugia would be best off with a defensive spread; this team lacks any proper tanking, and is severely hurt by things like Rayquaza and Groudon (revenge killing is your only way to take them out)

Lugia @ Leftovers
    Bold
    252 HP/52 Def/204 Spe
    Reflect
    Whirlwind
    Roost
    Ice Beam

Otherwise, it's a very solid team. Also, that, uh, Garchomp set is SDYache, not Choice Band :D

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    They are honestly very good, but I don't know about two psychic-type calm minders in one party...
    The Lugia is great, but maybe the Mewtwo can be replaced by a nice Kyogre, [S-HIGHLIGHT]Relicanth, or Rampardos[/S-HIGHLIGHT].

Those two don't fare very well in Ubers; especially Rampardos.

This team is very short on walling, like Vance said, you might want to consider running his defensive Lugia.

Otherwise, it's a fine team.

UberChomp

Tyrant Of The Sand
    Years
    Quick rate for now, but I highly believe that your Lugia would be best off with a defensive spread; this team lacks any proper tanking, and is severely hurt by things like Rayquaza and Groudon (revenge killing is your only way to take them out)

Lugia @ Leftovers
    Bold
    252 HP/52 Def/204 Spe
    Reflect
    Whirlwind
    Roost
    Ice Beam

Otherwise, it's a very solid team. Also, that, uh, Garchomp set is SDYache, not Choice Band :D

Thanks for the set, I'm going to start from scratch with a new Lugia, also, I know its SDYache, I just couldn't resist, I have a CBChomp ready if its needed, but SDYache is why good ol' Chomp is in ubers, amirite? :D The set is beast, no doubt. But if you say otherwise, I can quickly put in my CBChomp that is all ready.

EDIT: Lol, I just noticed what you already have, I kept CBChomp's description up in the RMT even after I swithced Garchomp's set to SDYache Chomp.

They are honestly very good, but I don't know about two psychic-type calm minders in one party...
    The Lugia is great, but maybe the Mewtwo can be replaced by a nice Kyogre, Relicanth, or Rampardos.

Thanks, but Relicanth and Rampardos are sure no-no's for ubers, I don't think they'll hold up well. And I'm thinking two CM Sweepers is fine, I mean, it doesn't hurt to have two special sweepers, does it?

Those two don't fare very well in Ubers; especially Rampardos.

This team is very short on walling, like Vance said, you might want to consider running his defensive Lugia.

Otherwise, it's a fine team.

I'm great that this team is pretty solid like I expected it to be. I'm going to go in-game and get another Lugia and build up the set Vance has suggested, thanks.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    In ubers, I sorta like SubSalac Chomp:

Garchomp @ Salac Berry
    Jolly
    4 HP/252 Att/252 Spe
    Swords Dance
    Outrage
    Earthquake
    Substitute

UberChomp

Tyrant Of The Sand
    Years
    In ubers, I sorta like SubSalac Chomp:

Garchomp @ Salac Berry
    Jolly
    4 HP/252 Att/252 Spe
    Swords Dance
    Outrage
    Earthquake
    Substitute

SubSalac is a good option, although I don't have a Jolly Garchomp on me at the moment, but I could breed one up and try it out. Thanks Vance.

MM_Zero

Resurrected warrior
    Years
    Ooh, we haven't had any uber RMTs for quite a while. This'll be fun ^^

Dialga
    Item: Choice Specs
    EVs: 224 HP / 252 Special Attack / 32 Speed

-Draco Meteor
    -Flamethrower
    -Aura Sphere
    -Thunderbolt

Draco Meteor hits fellow dragons and anything neutral to the Dragon type insanely hard when Dialga is equipped with Choice Specs and a Special Attack boosting nature like Modest. Flamethrower over Overheat, because I don't want any more Special Attack dropping moves than I already have (1), and with Choice Specs and a boost from Groudon's Drought ability, Flamethrower will be strong enough. Aura Sphere is great for Blisseys used in ubers, and the threatening uber poke, Darkrai. Thunderbolt is there for Kyogre, Ho-Oh, and Lugia.

Very decent lead, and unsuspecting too as almost all Dialga are played defensively. However, your team lacks support, so perhaps you can try the smogon support set? If you choose not to, this works well also.

Groudon
    EVs: 252 HP / 216 Attack / 32 Defense / 8 Speed

-Overheat / Rock Polish / Fire Punch
    -Dragon Claw
    -Stone Edge / Rock Polish
    -Earthquake

Lol, this is like a Life Orb'd Choice Band set, I don't see what the problem is with it, it sounds like a fine idea, I mean, I'm just taking out the choice band item so Groudon can freely and physically sweep. I stuck with the standard EV spread that goes with the Choice Band set. The moves are standard.

Yea, seems alright. Though perhaps you can try Rock Polish>Overheat? It patches up Groudon's mediocre speed, and you will rarely find yourself using overheat anyway. Or if you want a fire move, give it Fire Punch and take out Stone Edge for Rock Polish. Groudon should not be tangling with Lugia anyway since it is always built to counter it, and I'm probably one of the only uber battlers that uses Ho-oh (and realizes how good it is ;-]) so you should be fine. If you choose to take that route, take out some HP for speed, but you don't need too much.

Darkrai

-Spacial Rend
    -Dark Pulse
    -Thunderbolt
    -Focus Blast

Pretty standard, I really need a speedy special sweeper so I'm giving Darkrai that job. Bad Dreams is rendered useless because I don't have Dark Void, but I have no room for that move in this set anyway, Spacial Rend for obvious reaons, Dark Pulse for some good STAB, Thunderbolt over Thunder because its more reliable when it comes to accuracy. Focus Blast takes care of Dialga and Tyranitars that are in ubers.

Hmm, consider using modest>timid, as this thing will outspeed things even infrequently used anyway. Consider Dark Void>Focus Blast so you can send something to lala land. You might not want to, since you have to switch out afterwards, but it will help you a lot.

Mewtwo

-Calm Mind
    -Ice Beam
    -Aura Sphere
    -Grass Knot

Calm Mind and perform a speedy sweep is the name of the game here. I have Grass Knot in the set because I need someone to be able to nail Groudon. Life Orb'd Aura Sphere OHKOs Tyranitar. Ice Beam for obvious reasons.

Solid, solid. Consider flamethrower>Aura Sphere to KO all the steels who think they have a free switch in. You'll find yourself using Ice Beam most of the time anyway. If you really don't want another fire move on your team, aura sphere is perfectly fine as well. Whichever works for you mate, whichever works.

Garchomp
    Item: Yache Berry / Salac Berry

-Swords Dance
    -Outrage
    -Fire Fang / Substitute
    -Earthquake

Lol, I just caught this, when I switched up my rmt and put in SDYache instead of CBChomp, I kept CBChomp's description here, lol, my bad. But anyways, SDYache Chomp is flat-out best, no doubt. I'm sticking with it.

I'm actually seeing this more often now. Its a beast, I love it, keep it ^^. You can also try out Salac Berry and Substitute>Fire Fang, to piss off Lugia.

Lugia
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 252 HP / 52 Defense / 204 Speed

-Reflect
    -Whirlwind/ Thunder Wave
    -Roost
    -Ice Beam

Solid, but I think you can afford to take out most of the speed EVs, since nothing Lugia walls is really "fast" anyway. I find it works better with max Def, but a lot of people prefer speed so whichever really. If you choose to keep the speed however, give it 248 speed so it can outspeed Jolly Outrage Rayquaza since I hear those are popping up more now. You can also try thunder wave, as it cripples a lot of common switch ins to Lugia.

Great looking team overall. Very nice for a new uber battler. Bare in mind that a lot of teams look good on paper, but playing it actually is a different story. The main reason that ubers isn't often played because after the first couple battles, most people get scared off by losing all the time. It takes practice, and thats the best advice I can give you =).

Last edited:

Supreme Dirt

used Petal Dance
    Years
    • Age 32
    • o3o
    • Seen Dec 4, 2014
    Alrighty, I'm just going to warn you that since this is a WiFi team, you need to watch out for Nasty-Plot Darkrai leads. A good way that I find to best these is that you can use Focus Sash on Mewtwo, and either switch in or Revenge Kill. Darkrai (I think) can outspeed your Dialga, NP, and destroy it with one HP Fighting.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    Darkrai is bad to this team and it can just sleep what ever it likes too.

Dialga@Leftovers
    252 HP / 252 SP.DEF / 6 DEF
    Careful Nature
    - Bulk Up
    - Dragon Claw
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk

Takes status for you, > your current set.

Im not digging Groudon, you should make that a support one and use it as a lead and since Stealth Rock is way too useful to pass up i feel aswell.

Groudon@Lum berry / Leftovers
    Impish Nature
    252 HP / 176 Def / 80 Sp.Def
    - Thunderwave
    - Earthquake
    - Dragon Claw
    - Stealth Rock

Survives a DD LO Outrage from Rayquaza, who you can then cripple with t-wave. Providing MUCH needed support for your team. Also if SR is already set up Ray Ray is going to have a harder time coming in and in addition prevents Lugia from walling your Chomp effectively ;) thus making it easier to sweep. Lum Berry on it as a lead to counter darkrai leads, lefties if your not leading with it.

Specs that Mewtwo imo (since you lost specs dialga) and use another attack >> Calm Mind, Flamethrower or Shadow Ball work.

Lugia is just sitting there doing nothing...and with SR/suicide leads being common now its going to have a hard time doing anything and Lati@s really can calm mind up and smash your team to bits, so to answer that : -

Scizor@Life Orb / Expert Belt
    176 hp / 100 att / 176 sp.def / 56 speed
    Adamant Nature
    Trait : Technician
    - Pursuit
    - U-Turn
    - Roost
    - Light Screen / Quick Attack / Bullet Punch

Trap support Scizor >Lugia. OHKO's most Mewtwo and most Lati@s and is one of the best switch into to Darkrai. Light Screen to soften special blows or you can use Quick attack or Bullet Punch for the priority and Tech boost, both OHKO Deoxys Attack, so meh =p.

UberChomp

Tyrant Of The Sand
    Years
    Great looking team overall. Very nice for a new uber battler. Bare in mind that a lot of teams look good on paper, but playing it actually is a different story. The main reason that ubers isn't often played because after the first couple battles, most people get scared off by losing all the time. It takes practice, and thats the best advice I can give you =).

Thanks =] Also, your rates and suggestions were awesome, I'm going to change according to you and D_A. Its alot of changes so I won't be editing my current RMT, I'm going to request a close and change these in-game, thanks.

Alrighty, I'm just going to warn you that since this is a WiFi team, you need to watch out for Nasty-Plot Darkrai leads. A good way that I find to best these is that you can use Focus Sash on Mewtwo, and either switch in or Revenge Kill. Darkrai (I think) can outspeed your Dialga, NP, and destroy it with one HP Fighting.

Nasty Plot was given to Darkrai in Platinum, this is not a Platinum RMT. ;)

Darkrai is bad to this team and it can just sleep what ever it likes too.

Dialga@Leftovers
    252 HP / 252 SP.DEF / 6 DEF
    Careful Nature
    - Bulk Up
    - Dragon Claw
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk

Takes status for you, > your current set.

Im not digging Groudon, you should make that a support one and use it as a lead and since Stealth Rock is way too useful to pass up i feel aswell.

Groudon@Lum berry / Leftovers
    Impish Nature
    252 HP / 176 Def / 80 Sp.Def
    - Thunderwave
    - Earthquake
    - Dragon Claw
    - Stealth Rock

Survives a DD LO Outrage from Rayquaza, who you can then cripple with t-wave. Providing MUCH needed support for your team. Also if SR is already set up Ray Ray is going to have a harder time coming in and in addition prevents Lugia from walling your Chomp effectively ;) thus making it easier to sweep. Lum Berry on it as a lead to counter darkrai leads, lefties if your not leading with it.

Specs that Mewtwo imo (since you lost specs dialga) and use another attack >> Calm Mind, Flamethrower or Shadow Ball work.

Lugia is just sitting there doing nothing...and with SR/suicide leads being common now its going to have a hard time doing anything and Lati@s really can calm mind up and smash your team to bits, so to answer that : -

Scizor@Life Orb / Expert Belt
    176 hp / 100 att / 176 sp.def / 56 speed
    Adamant Nature
    Trait : Technician
    - Pursuit
    - U-Turn
    - Roost
    - Light Screen / Quick Attack / Bullet Punch

Trap support Scizor >Lugia. OHKO's most Mewtwo and most Lati@s and is one of the best switch into to Darkrai. Light Screen to soften special blows or you can use Quick attack or Bullet Punch for the priority and Tech boost, both OHKO Deoxys Attack, so meh =p.

That's Vance's current Groudon, I envied it and thought about changing my current Groudon's set to that support set even before you suggested to, lol, I will for sure now. The Dialga set is good, Vance is also using that, lol, I'll go with it, why not? You're the pro here. Mewtwo with Specs? Meh, when I CM up, I'm going to have to switch out and come back again to do one attack and stay locked with that attack only, the current CM Mewtwo I have is free to sweep and is not restricted by a choice item. I'll do without, thanks. =]

As for the Scizor you are suggesting, meh to that, I'm going to take out Lugia and put in LO SDQuaza, because its just beast. :) Thanks for everything Vance.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    About the Scizor bear in mind you have no answer to Calm Mind Lati@s.

Lati@s@Soul Dew
    Timid Nature
    - Calm Mind
    - Recover
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Grass Knot

6-0's you, outruns EVERYTHING bar Darkrain who is lol'd at after a Calm mind, it can even survive draco meteors (No Lugia is NOT effective at stopping it either). Hence why the Scizor would be great for this team. I know what your thinking "Oh but scizor sucks in ubers". No it doesnt, it holds it own. VERY VERY WELL. And as i said helps your Sub Punch Mix Darkrai weak.

So you really should consider Scizor. SD Ray Ray as great as it is, adds nothing to this team.

Last edited:

UberChomp

Tyrant Of The Sand
    Years
    About the Scizor bear in mind you have no answer to Calm Mind Lati@s.

Lati@s@Soul Dew
    Timid Nature
    - Calm Mind
    - Recover
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Grass Knot

6-0's you, outruns EVERYTHING and lols at Darkrai after a Calm mind, it can even survive draco meteors (No Lugia is NOT effective at stopping it either). Hence why the Scizor would be great for this team. I know what your thinking "Oh but scizor sucks in ubers". No it doesnt, it holds it own. VERY VERY WELL. And as i said helps your Sub Punch Mix Darkrai weak.

So you really should consider Scizor. SD Ray Ray as great as it is, adds nothing to this team.

After that, I'm completely persuaded and I trust you, I'm putting Scizor in now. All other changes suggested have been made. Thanks for the set and reasoning D_A. ;)

EDIT: No Bullet Punch, because I have yet to receive my copy of Platinum.

Last edited:

Lord Yawgmoth

Lord of all Phyrexia
    Years
    Please be aware before you rate my team that I am fairly new at the ubers metagame, this is one of first uber rmts, I am posting this team up which I am quite confident in due to the time and thought I have put into this. Thank you for taking your time to rate my team. Now...
    I'm rather poor with Ubers, but i'll try my best here.​

UberChomp's Uber Team

Dialga
    Nature: Careful

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Attack / 252 Special Defense

-Rest
    -Sleep Talk
    -Bulk Up
    -Dragon Claw

My status absorber, he'll soak up Dark Voids thrown from Darkrai, this set is great overall, very widely used. Just Rest when in need of restoring and HP and Sleep Talk my way through the battle, Dragon Claw will hit hard after a couple Bulk Ups.
    Although he will hit hard after said Bulk Ups, you could be giving a Mewtwo or something a nice chance to set up on you, with your 33.3 (repeating)% chance of not attacking.

Groudon
    Nature: Impish
    EVs: 252 HP / 176 Defense / 80 Special Defense

-Stealth Rock
    -Thunder Wave
    -Dragon Claw
    -Earthquake
    A walling Groudon? It will definitly throw people off; so I say keep it, if you like.

Darkrai

-Dark Void
    -Spacial Rend
    -Dark Pulse
    -Thunderbolt

Pretty standard, I really need a speedy special sweeper so I'm giving Darkrai that job. Dark Void is obviously used to put frightening foes inot a very aggrevating sleep. Spacial Rend for obvious reaons, Dark Pulse for some good special Dark STAB, Thunderbolt over Thunder because its more reliable when it comes to accuracy.
    Beatiful. =3

Mewtwo

-Calm Mind
    -Ice Beam
    -Aura Sphere
    -Grass Knot

Very nice.

Garchomp
    Item: Yache Berry

-Swords Dance
    -Outrage
    -Fire Fang
    -Earthquake

Weee! I'm beastly! XD

Scizor
    Item: Expert Belt
    Ability: Technician
    EVs: 176 HP / 100 Attack / 176 Special Defense / 56 Speed

-Pursuit
    -U-Turn
    -Roost
    -Light Screen

Expert Belt over Life Orb because I'm sure Scizor needs every last HP he can get when he's in ubers. This set is pretty much obvious, read D_A's explanation if you need one. No Bullet Punch because this is not a Platifail RMT.
    A walling Scizor seems like a rather odd idea; but i'll roll with it.
    All in all, a very nice job. Once again, I may be putting rather useless knowledge here because uber tier isn't my forte...

UberChomp

Tyrant Of The Sand
    Years
    ^ I agree on Dialga, I don't see how this set is going to work, D_A gave me the set so far it is working okay, but not the best, I liked the Mix Attacker set better :( But I'm told I need a status absorber on my team.

Lord Yawgmoth

Lord of all Phyrexia
    Years
    ^ I agree on Dialga, I don't see how this set is going to work, D_A gave me the set so far it is working okay, but not the best, I liked the Mix Attacker set better :( But I'm told I need a status absorber on my team.
    Perhaps removing Bulk Up for a Special Attack of your choice?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    I'm taking out Bulk UP and Dragon Claw and I'm putting in Draco Meteor + Aura Sphere, even though the set doesn't really fit the needs for these two special attacks.

Why ? Draco meteor on such a defensive set is counter productive.

If you want to replace Bulk up just use EQ =/. Although that defeats the point of the set to shrug off hits like nothing and sweep, but meh.

UberChomp

Tyrant Of The Sand
    Years
    Why ? Draco meteor on such a defensive set is counter productive.

If you want to replace Bulk up just use EQ =/. Although that defeats the point of the set to shrug off hits like nothing and sweep, but meh.

But what about the 33% chance of my Dialga Sleep Talking a Bulk Up instead of a Dragon Claw? I'm stuck between two things here.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Uh, that's the point of the set. "Cro" sets are meant to be semi-bulky and semi-sweeper. Dragon Claw has excellent coverage in ubers, and even Metagross can't touch you with EQ after a few Bulk Ups.

Back