• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
PEOPLE STOP IGNORING ME I KNOW YOU THINK MY RP IS AWESOME!!

Skymin, I like your RP, but with all my other ones going on right now, and the fact that I'll be gone for about two weeks pretty soon make me reluctant to sign up for any new RPs, at least not until my own is finished...

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Geez, you're in five! Well actually, I might be in six if all goes to plan but i don't go to school anymore. and im casual at my job so :>

Kerjo

Dark/Ground Gym Leader
Years
If you guys were to participate in a PMD RP, would you want to control every pokemon on your team or partner up with another RPer?

XxSweetDreamsxX

From the shadows~
Years
If you guys were to participate in a PMD RP, would you want to control every pokemon on your team or partner up with another RPer?

Personally, I think RPing w/ a separate RPer would be more fun, but you'd need everyone to be active. It would also be a little harder to manage.

Controlling every pokemon on your team is easier, but yeah...not as exciting. I'd be fine with either option.

I'd really like an PMD RP that actually lasts for a while.

Aura.Lucario

The Rivers will run red....
Years
Nowadays PMD RPs don't really last that long. Some didn't even take off like Yin and Yang., but that's probably because the GM wasn't there. There are some stories I know that might be able to be turned into an RP.

1. Star Wars
2. Avatar (The Last Airbender not Cameron's)
3. Charlie Bone series by Jenny Nimmo
4. Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan
5. 39 Clues series by tons of different authors
6. Superhero RPs (you know, iron man, green lanturn?!)
7. Harry Potter by you know who
8. Transformers
9. Armageddon or similar sci-fi doomsday movies
10. Maximum Ride series by James Patterson (i know it's done but it didn't go well)
11. The Kane Chronicles by Rick Riordan
12. Warriors series (you know. the cats. Seekers, the bears, works too)
13. Alex Rider series by Anthony Horowitz

and many more

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Well I'm working on that Avatar one, so watch out for that.

As for Star Wars...haven't really thought about it, but actually a lot can be done with it. Interesting. I hope someone would decide to make one....with a good plot, though.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Nowadays PMD RPs don't really last that long. Some didn't even take off like Yin and Yang., but that's probably because the GM wasn't there. There are some stories I know that might be able to be turned into an RP.

1. Star Wars
2. Avatar (The Last Airbender not Cameron's)
3. Charlie Bone series by Jenny Nimmo
4. Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan
5. 39 Clues series by tons of different authors
6. Superhero RPs (you know, iron man, green lanturn?!)
7. Harry Potter by you know who
8. Transformers
9. Armageddon or similar sci-fi doomsday movies
10. Maximum Ride series by James Patterson (i know it's done but it didn't go well)
11. The Kane Chronicles by Rick Riordan
12. Warriors series (you know. the cats. Seekers, the bears, works too)
13. Alex Rider series by Anthony Horowitz

and many more

Avatar has... Potential but the only way it would properly PROPERLY work was either if everyone was an avatar or nobody was. To have just the game master or a chosen member would just get out of hand. Also, if everyone is the avatar, it kind of would be subject to overpower in any situation thanks to the avatar state.

Charlie Bone is a great idea! I used to LOVE that series. Quirky powers are way better than the usual FIAR POWAR!!! I would join that, provided storyline went somewhere.

Percy Jackson would maybe work, it all depends which way you push it and what restrictions you put on it since people would pick favourites like ZEUS and POSIDON and such. Its just you'd either have to focus on that school shindig he went to or an adventure or somehow equalling out the two.

Superheroes ive already seen done here actually... Not that long ago! I think a superhero group origin story would be best though!

Harry potter is doomed for failure. Any school based rps, unless storyline is introduced STRAIGHT AWAY, it will die.

Alex rider is... Just a spy rp. Really. Teenage spies. We al know how those go :(

I'd like to see some where the age group extends way past the teen age.
Here, i'll lend some ideas:

Xam'd: Lost Memories. Although that would probably take far too long and die.
Assassin's Creed, anyone?
MISFITS!! i know i did it, but how about without the pokemon? d;
Anamorphs lololololololol ok
Or Heroes? Similar to misfits yeah.
....... Final fantasy? Well, more ivalice than anything. Yeah?
Silent hill? Fear factor is kind of lost over words though. d;
... BLUE EXORCIST!!

ok im done

Aura.Lucario

The Rivers will run red....
Years
Charlie Bone is a great idea! I used to LOVE that series. Quirky powers are way better than the usual FIAR POWAR!!! I would join that, provided storyline went somewhere.

hm I think 4 guys are interesting in Charlie Bone. Percy jackson's also a popular topic. The Egyptian series starting with Red Pyramid works too, it's also by Rick Riordan so yeah.

Charlie Bone. Now if more people know about this series, we can actually get this started. It's not hard to turn it into an RP.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Actually, if I was making the RP, I wouldn't make anyone the Avatar. Benders, yes, but only one type. I was also thinking this could be the time when the former Avatar had just died, which means the new Avatar is only a baby at the time. Which means the world's crisis must be solved by the other benders, not an Avatar.

Just my thought. I believe ordinary bender, perhaps a group of them, have just as likely a chance to save the world as the Avatar, given the training and opportunity.

As for the Star Wars RP, I'm thinking the storyline has to be changed a lot, perhaps going into the KOTOR series a bit more, or some remote connection to it.

Years
Actually, if I was making the RP, I wouldn't make anyone the Avatar. Benders, yes, but only one type. I was also thinking this could be the time when the former Avatar had just died, which means the new Avatar is only a baby at the time. Which means the world's crisis must be solved by the other benders, not an Avatar.

Just my thought. I believe ordinary bender, perhaps a group of them, have just as likely a chance to save the world as the Avatar, given the training and opportunity.

As for the Star Wars RP, I'm thinking the storyline has to be changed a lot, perhaps going into the KOTOR series a bit more, or some remote connection to it.

That would sound much better. tbh, I feel nothing for the role of the Avatar. xP Yush, babies rules and cry. :3

Hmm, I've no idea what KOTOR is...so yeah. I'd probably won't join a Star Wars RP. I like the movie but I think I'll pass the RP of it, no matter how far it is. :>

Now, really, I've been thinking about a Rangers RP whereby you have a partner Pokemon that will always accompany you and you can bring a party of 5 other, making six in total, on missions. But of course, I'll make it different and non-boring by installing villains. The missions will be there just for fun if there's nothing to do at the moment, like waiting for someone else to post or just wanna get a head above the game etc. :3

Also, I'm probably expecting that Lucario fans will have Riolu as partners. So predictable, those fanatics. xD

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
@ Supervegeta: I would totally join the Star Wars KoTOR RP!! That would be a great idea, with RPers on the Jedi or Sith side has the potential to be a great RP.

.... Thinks of an awesome Sith Lord name.... still thinking..

Great! Glad someone knows what that is! I also think it would be an awesome idea...if we get enough people involved.

I'm thinking of the Avatar Rp before, though, seems much more people would be apart of that.

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2012
Animorphs can be a decent base for a plot; I once had an idea for a RP where the people morphed into Pokémon rather than animals set in a world where there were not as many trainers or they were limited to a select few (like how we in our world only really keep dogs, cats etc. as pets).

Also Blue Exorcist, with Pokémon as familiars/ demons, could work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back