• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ROM Hacking, Patches, and the legal consequences

XDragonRiderX

Time flies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2021
    Yes.

I talked with Nintendo's representatives who have been known to take action against other trademark issues in the past via email and phone.

I understand that based on the circumstances Nintendo had to take action and I have no hard feelings against them anymore. They felt threatened by Prism's massive hype and popularity and they had to do something to protect their trademark.

I followed up with Nintendo's representatives a couple of times and after our talks I better understand Nintendo's position on the matter. They also stated that Nintendo knows I'm not a thief who intended to steal the trademark from them, but it's what had to be done. As far as I know, Nintendo and I have mutual respect towards each other and I would be more than happy to develop games for the Nintendo Switch.
    Wow, you're a better man than I am. Anyways, I've been following your various ROM hacks on and off since I joined this forum and I hope you find some greener pastures in whatever your next project will be.

Back