• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ROM hacking] scripting problem with vars

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2014
    First of all hello to this forum!(im new and my english is poor so dont be mean :) )
    and the second thing is that i started to make a little game and im having a little problem.
    in pallet town there are two script tiles in the top of town which summons pro.oak.
    Two of the top tiles have the same value,so i think that if one of them is used the other on is going off.
    However i cant see the script of those tiles,so i tried to make 2 tiles with the value on my own but i couldnt...
    so can someone tell me how that kind of script works?

if this thread is not in the right place,please dont deleat :(

Thank You!!!

Daruda

Grinder
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2014
    You can do the same switch on the two tiles, then after you resolve one of the two, you just switch off it, so that next time you go over it nothing happens.

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2014
    You can do the same switch on the two tiles, then after you resolve one of the two, you just switch off it, so that next time you go over it nothing happens.

but how do i make the other tile to switch off?

Last edited:

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Given that you're new yet talking about Professor Oak coming from two different tiles (which isn't something that happens in the Essentials example maps but is something that happens in FRLG), I'm guessing you're asking about ROM hacking.

This is not the ROM hacking section. Says so all over the place if you care to read. Try going here instead.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back