• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ROM Hacking Section

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I had an idea about the ROM hacking section.

Shouldn't the tools, tutorials, hacks, and everything else be divided up by generation? That'd be a bit more organized, or at I least I think it would.

I'm not entirely sure if this goes here, but I'm pretty sure.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
    I don't think so, there aren't enough Gold hacks and Red hacks for them to need their own section...

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    ROM Hacking Section

That should answer your question.
    Ask this in the simple questions thread in the Rom Hacking Section.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Ask this in the simple questions thread in the Rom Hacking Section.[/COLOR][/B]
    Er... Wind~, I do believe he wasn't asking a question about a game. The question at hand was if the ROM Hacking forum should be reorganized by generation.

Personally, I think it would get too messy over there. The lack of second or first generation hacks would really make those respected areas quite bare.
    Then again, that's just my little opinion.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    I don't go in ROM hacking much, but after a quick look it seems fine to me. Dividing it up by generation seems like too much unnecessary organization. Even with all that traffic, not too many big problems pop up over there =/

Lover's Kite

[b]the age of empathy[/b]
    Years
    There would be too much empty-ish subforums. D:
    A subforum with unorganized threads is better than subforms that are empty. D:

Years
    But seperating the tools would make it a bit easier for noob hackers to find a tool for the generation they need.

but a lot of empty/ near empty forums would be created.

one idea I had for the hack showcase section was to seperate the games that had beta's available, and the ones that don't. I think that would be neat.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2010
    I can't agree with you on that point. This would automatically direct noobs to the beta section. Though, the hackers who prefer to take some time before a beta release might see a fine opportunity in getting rid of the stupid comments "when will ya releaz da b3ta?????????" and alike.

But this way, most of promising hacks which just need time would be ignored and the traffic would concentrate only at that exact subforum.

Zet

Years
    ROM Hacking Section

Ask this in the simple questions thread in the Rom Hacking Section.

what game? I don't see any game

Well generally I don't think the tools and that need to be ogranized since they are usually described in the first post

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
    I wouldn't think that the ROM Hacking section is so popular to make an entirely new subforum for each generation. The Emulation forum already has enough subforums, in my opinion.

I would like it if other generation hacking was common/active, then this would be a thought.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    No, actually.
    it just seems unnecessary to do that since you have the search bar.
    and hardly anyone will visit the old games section, seeing as how most of the new hackers are going into the GBA section.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    No. Nor do I understand why you felt it necessary to revive a thread from 2008 to ask that. Google it or browse ROM Hacking or something.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back