• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rom Hacks and Fanmade Games Documentation

Allen Ceedos

The Old School PokeFan
Years
  • Hi, Allen here.

The idea behind this thread is for it to be a place where people can not only request for documentation but they can also share documentation that they have made. A number of games do not have documentation and one reason for that which I've noticed is it's because many creators might not have the time to make documentation or have a team behind them that has someone in it who works on documentation. This thread could help with that, if creators are looking for people to work on documentation for their games perhaps they can use this thread to find them. Some examples of documentation:

- Walkthroughs
    - Pokemon Location guides (can include encounter rates for grass, cave, surfing, fishing, etc)
    - Pokemon Evolution guides
    - Item & Key Item Location guides
    - TM & HM Location guides
    - Trainer Location & Teams guides (can include Held Items and Items used by the Trainers)
    - Gym Leader/Elite/Boss Trainer Team guides (can include Held Items and Items used by the Trainers)
    - Side Quest/Missions/etc guides and so on.

I will be sharing my walkthroughs in this thread when I've got new ones available and if there are games that I plan to make walkthroughs for which do not have documentation, I'll leave requests. The one other walkthrough maker I know of is community member Olivia R., my hope is she will see this thread and also share her guides too (if any of her friends see this, please let her know).

Thanks to Admin Hiroshi Sotomura who helped me out when I brought up the idea to him.

Allen Ceedos

The Old School PokeFan
    Years
  • Latest Walkthrough: Pokemon (Old) White Beta 1.2 (27 March 2023 Hacksrepairman Fix)

Hack of: Pokemon Fire Red
    Type: Gameboy Advance
    Language: English
    Creator: Foullump
    Source: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=142585
    Hacksrepairman's site: https://hacksrepairman.blogspot.com/

https://archive.org/download/pokemo...ta 1.2 [27 March 2023 Hacksrepairman Fix].rar

In the RAR you'll find the walkthrough text document, screenshots of hidden item locations and a few video clips showing the solutions to the spinner tile puzzles in the Warehouse on Unknown Island.

Allen Ceedos

The Old School PokeFan
    Years
  • Documentation Request: Pokemon Locations & Pokemon Evolution Guides for Pokemon Azure Horizons (4 March 2023 Hacksrepairman Fix)

If anyone is available who can provide these guides please do so. The Pokemon Found and Evolutions lists which I've included in my walkthroughs for the game are not 100% because there isn't any other documentation which I've found for Azure Horizons.

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2024
    I guess I'll post this link considering I don't visit PokeCommunity that much anymore. It leads to a semi-inactive blog of mine which this is the pinned post and features all the documentation I have made, mostly full walkthroughs (the most recent one being for Pokemon Hyetology). All of those walkthroughs are Google Docs by the way. It will be updated each time I finish a walkthrough and publish it.

Allen Ceedos

The Old School PokeFan
    Years
  • I guess I'll post this link considering I don't visit PokeCommunity that much anymore. It leads to a semi-inactive blog of mine which this is the pinned post and features all the documentation I have made, mostly full walkthroughs (the most recent one being for Pokemon Hyetology). All of those walkthroughs are Google Docs by the way. It will be updated each time I finish a walkthrough and publish it.

Hey Olivia, it's been a while. I'm sorry for the late reply, first I didn't get any notification about your post and second I wasn't available online very much especially between May and July. Thank you for linking to your blog too, I'll be sure to contact you there since you don't visit PokeComm that much.

Allen Ceedos

The Old School PokeFan
    Years
  • Updated Walkthrough: Pokemon Liquid Crystal Beta 3.3.00512

Hack of: Fire Red
    Language: English
    Creators: linkandzelda and Synyster Zeikku
    Sources: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=242023

https://www.mediafire.com/file/dvoa...d_Crystal_Beta_3.3.00512_Walkthrough.rar/file (am having trouble uploading to the Internet Archive, will add that link once the issue has been sorted out)

In the RAR you'll find the walkthrough document, screenshots of hidden item locations and a few video clips showing how to navigate some Route 57 spots.

Allen Ceedos

The Old School PokeFan
    Years
  • Update Concerning Request for Pokemon Azure Horizons (4 March 2023 Hacksrepairman Fix) Documentation

Nobody came forward with documentation for the game, so now that I am working on updating the walkthrough to cover this latest release from HRM I will have to make use of editor programs to provide me with the information which the documentation might have provided.

Back