• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ROM Raiders

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2013
    Name:ShinyBill (Guilherme Afonso - Real name xD)
    E-Mail:I'll send by PM if needed.
    MSN/AIM/YIM/ICQ: I'll send by PM if needed.
    Time Zone: GMT Lisbon
    Skills:Mapper, Scripter, Text Editor (I translate everything for Portuguese.)
    Proof of Work:
    Maps:
    Spoiler:

Script:
    Spoiler:

Past Experience:I'm in the Bolens Productions team as well but I can handle both.

stargate1995

Mr. Flying Pickle Monster
    Years
  • Name:Stargate1995
    E-Mail:I'll send pm if needed
    MSN/AIM/YIM/ICQ: none
    Time Zone: Not sure how you work it out but I'm in Aus so yh.
    Skills:Mapping
    Proof of Work:ROM RaidersROM Raiders
    Only got those to maps atm although I can do more if needed.
    P.S. I know that in the second map theres a small problem with the trees,being that on the border line won't fit some of the trees on the far right.Also these tiles aren't mine they are from a rom base.Past experience: Hmm not really done anything other then play around.

Last edited:

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
  • Seeing as how HackMew has not gotten around to posting here I figured I would post some comments. Please read and consider them. HackMew has the final word on everything but perhaps my opinion will make you change something that will increase your chance of acceptance.

I'm not a very motivated hacker, but sometimes I get an idea and work on it. The hacks never goes anywhere, but I might be somewhat good.

Skills: (Simple) Mapping, (Simple) Scripting, Storylines (I'm creative), and Spriting (Somewhat)

Proof: I temporarily don't have a map or script editor, and I don't have a good idea for storyline right now. -_-" hehe.

So here is some stuff I did a while ago.

The world maps look ok. The Middle one could look better though.
    I must ask. Are these in-game?

The ditto revamp could use a little work I think but I'm not an expert on revamps.

The other sprites definitely need work. I think the second is a recolor but I'm not sure.

In general this is not enough proof of work. Please post more.

Name:ShinyBill (Guilherme Afonso - Real name xD)
    E-Mail:I'll send by PM if needed.
    MSN/AIM/YIM/ICQ: I'll send by PM if needed.
    Time Zone: GMT Lisbon
    Skills:Mapper, Scripter, Text Editor (I translate everything for Portuguese.)
    Proof of Work:
    Maps:
    Spoiler:

Script:
    Spoiler:

Past Experience:I'm in the Bolens Productions team as well but I can handle both.

ummm... hmmm...
    I assume you are using ROM bases?

The first map needs work. You did the street wrong. You don't need those white blocks there in the middle of the street. I don't like this tileset because I think it is overused but if you are going to use it do it right.

The second map... hmm...
    It seems a little unnatural to me. Also poor tile choice I must say. I don't like the trees much.

The script seems ok at a glance but I'm not going to really look at it/opinion-ate on it cause it does not appear to be in the latest version of XSE.

I do not think this is enough proof of work. Please try to post some maps in Fire Red style.

Name:Stargate1995
    E-Mail:I'll send pm if needed
    MSN/AIM/YIM/ICQ: none
    Time Zone: Not sure how you work it out but I'm in Aus so yh.
    Skills:Mapping
    Proof of Work:ROM RaidersROM Raiders
    Only got those to maps atm although I can do more if needed.
    P.S. I know that in the second map theres a small problem with the trees,being that on the border line won't fit some of the trees on the far right.Also these tiles aren't mine they are from a rom base.Past experience: Hmm not really done anything other then play around.

The timezone would be a 6 hour difference from HackMew. 6 hours ahead I think. 12 for me since I'm NYC. But I could easily be wrong.

The first map just seems unnatural. When have you seen a mountain like that? The flower placement looks weird.

The second one looks Blocky and unnatural. There are even tile errors.

I think you should improve your mapping. Also like the guy above post more maps but in Fire Red style.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • Name: 雷影 イチロ
    E-Mail: [email protected]
    MSN/AIM/YIM/ICQ: MSN ([email protected]) Skype (firelordyago)
    Time Zone: NZT (GMT+12/13)
    Skills: Mapping.
    Proof of Work:
    Spoiler:

Past Experience:Several failed hacks, my own hack "Pokemon Eternal/Ephemeral Sky Version"

Last edited:

.light

Airplanes in the night sky...
    Years
  • Name:.light
    E-Mail:HackMew can PM me for it otherwise just use PM.
    MSN/AIM/YIM/ICQ:HackMew can PM me for it otherwise just use PM.
    Time Zone: GMT 10+
    Skills:Mapping(just got into it but I like my maps :)
    Proof of Work:
    Spoiler:

Past Experience:Errrr... None?

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
  • Seeing as how HackMew has not gotten around to posting here I figured I would post some comments. Please read and consider them. HackMew has the final word on everything but perhaps my opinion will make you change something that will increase your chance of acceptance.

Name: 雷影 イチロ
    MSN/AIM/YIM/ICQ: MSN ([email protected]) Skype (firelordyago)
    Time Zone: NZT (GMT+12/13)
    Skills: Mapping, Scripting(learning), ASM(learning).
    Proof of Work:
    Spoiler:

Past Experience:Several failed hacks, my own hack "Pokemon Eternal/Ephemeral Sky Version"

First map - Overall all seems ok but has some tile errors. *Edit* Now that I look at it better it's a little unnatural to me. But I could be wrong *Edit*

Second map - I think you need to finish it? Looking good so far though.

Third map - Looks decent but I didn't take a close look cause it's blurry and I didn't want to strain my eyes.

Overall not bad. Post some more maps though. Also either take out ASM and Scripting from your application or add some proof :P

Name:.light
    E-Mail:HackMew can PM me for it otherwise just use PM.
    MSN/AIM/YIM/ICQ:HackMew can PM me for it otherwise just use PM.
    Time Zone: GMT 10+
    Skills:Mapping(just got into it but I like my maps :)
    Proof of Work:
    Spoiler:

Past Experience:Errrr... None?
    Umm
    Practice mapping more. Then Reapply.

.light

Years
  • Okies, thanks and does making more tree around the side help with covering blank spots?

First map - Overall all seems ok but has some tile errors. *Edit* Now that I look at it better it's a little unnatural to me. But I could be wrong *Edit* i think its the flowers and the shrubs but thats just from me so don't take it like that :P

Last edited:

.light

Years
  • hey here you go then :)
    yes i know about the tile error on the poke centre but i looked and coud not find it :P

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years

• First map - Overall all seems ok but has some tile errors. *Edit* Now that I look at it better it's a little unnatural to me. But I could be wrong *Edit*

Second map - I think you need to finish it? Looking good so far though.

Third map - Looks decent but I didn't take a close look cause it's blurry and I didn't want to strain my eyes.

Overall not bad. Post some more maps though. Also either take out ASM and Scripting from your application or add some proof :P

Thank you here is the second map finished.
    I have taken ASM and Scripting out until i get better.
    Spoiler:

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
  • hey here you go then :)
    yes i know about the tile error on the poke centre but i looked and coud not find it :P

Sorry to say but that map still isn't good. Mapping can't be learned in a day XD. Practice and when you get better come back.

Thank you here is the second map finished.
    I have taken ASM and Scripting out until i get better.
    Spoiler:

Um try posting a better quality shot. Also make some more maps. Just add them to your application post so that the thread doesn't get flooded with posts.

HackMew has been busy lately. He will review and give the final word on the applications when he can I guess. Take the time to improve your applications XD

.light

Years
  • Sorry to say but that map still isn't good. Mapping can't be learned in a day XD. Practice and when you get better come back.

Um try posting a better quality shot. Also make some more maps. Just add them to your application post so that the thread doesn't get flooded with posts.

HackMew has been busy lately. He will review and give the final word on the applications when he can I guess. Take the time to improve your applications XD
    One more? i shall try :) just wait i shall impress you.... somehow... :)

thia12

Eternity Mapper
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2010
    Name: Mathias
    E-Mail: Yes | [email protected]
    MSN/AIM/YIM/ICQ: MSN
    Time Zone: GMT +1
    Skills: Pixel art in every sense
    Proof of Work: I recently got interested in pokemon art, therefor i have none what so ever unless you see me signature as one. But iv'e made pixel art for two years now for the dansh Habbo Hotel, made fansite designs etc.
    Past Experience: ^

If you have interest in me, just pm.

EDIT: Dunno why my signature doesn't show.

Last edited:

Ghost

[b][color=orange]ツ[/color][color=teal][i]In the Ma
    Years
  • Hackmew, do you need an extra mapper in case one hasn't been able to map?
    I'd love to help and I have alot of free time.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
  • Name: Mathias
    E-Mail: Yes | [email protected]
    MSN/AIM/YIM/ICQ: MSN
    Time Zone: GMT +1
    Skills: Pixel art in every sense
    Proof of Work: I recently got interested in pokemon art, therefor i have none what so ever unless you see me signature as one. But iv'e made pixel art for two years now for the dansh Habbo Hotel, made fansite designs etc.
    Past Experience: ^

If you have interest in me, just pm.

EDIT: Dunno why my signature doesn't show.

Try getting some posts then include some proof of work.

Hackmew, do you need an extra mapper in case one hasn't been able to map?
    I'd love to help and I have alot of free time.
    Please read the first post and fill out a proper application. Be sure to include proof of work.

tjwilliams24

Gone.
    Years
  • Name: Tucker

Contact: I don't go on any of those, so you could PM, VM, or Google Buzz me.

Time Zone: GMT - 4:00 - USA EST

Skills: Beta Testing

Proof of Work: None yet, but I am going to beta test very soon for "Pokemon: Ultimate Quest" by Nikolai Fox and in the future beta test for "Pokemon: Tri Elements by PEPITO1O1O.

Past Experience: None, but everyone starts somewhere!

Other comments: Well, I'd really like to help you and your team(even though beta testing is very minor help). Also, Dante retired from hacking, so I thought you would have a position open. =]

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2013
    ROM Raiders application

[FONT=&quot]Name[/FONT][FONT=&quot]: Icy
    E-Mail:
    [/FONT][email protected]
    [FONT=&quot] MSN/AIM/....etc.: Don't have any. Email works best!
    Time Zone: U.S. Central Time Zone (CDT)
    Skills: Music composing/remixing (also scripting, mapping, and making OW's)

Proof of Work: See .mp3 attachments. I often find myself fooling around on Garageband. These are just some small samples that I've created. I never really thought about composing or remixing music for a hack before, but I just realized that I think I would be really good at it!
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Benevolence[/FONT][FONT=&quot] -[/FONT][FONT=&quot] My favorite piece I've made.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Etude in Major dude[/FONT][FONT=&quot] - [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Ignore the stupid name... I thought I would make a more peaceful relaxed song one day.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Waterfall Grace[/FONT][FONT=&quot] - [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Yeah, get over the names. This one is rather repetitive, but it still sounds cool. I was just messing around on a piano, and I stumbled across some notes that sounded perfect together.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    ****None of my samples of music were created for a Pokemon hack; they just demonstrate my skills.****

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Also, for proof of my scripting, mapping, and OW skills, feel free to look at my hack that I was working on during the winter. It's linked in my signature, but the thread is dead. There is also a beta to download on the first post.

Past Experience: My hack-in-progress, Pokemon The Tempest. I have a very looooong musical background, too! :D

Additional Comments: There are 2 reasons I am applying for the ROM Raiders. 1 - I saw that a music composer/remixer is needed, and I feel like I would fill that role perfectly. 2 - I want to learn a lot from the extremely high quality hackers on this team!

***This application is being withdrawn by me. I am going to focus on my own hack, Pokemon The Tempest, now.***
    [/FONT]

Last edited:

gamesharkhacker

SupremoHack Entertainment Inc.
    Years
  • Name: gamesharkhacker (often abbreviated to GSH.)
    MSN/AIM/YIM/ICQ: Same as my email address above.
    Time Zone: Sydney (East Australia) GMT + 10:00
    Skills: Music Composer.
    Proof of Work: Songs at: midishrine.com/midi/36400.mid AND midishrine.com/midi/36401.mid.
    Past Experience: Self made hacks and I am currently helping with Pokemon Morganite version.

Back