• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ROM Reaverz Hacking Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reaper 6

(Reaper 6) the six samurai YGO
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2009
    i know he needs proof but i dont have any yet but so that you know you have a tile error in the police station

Neti

Inactive
    Years
    you mean at the table with the pokedexs? i noticed that one
    and the door also isnt really good, but the tiles that you normally use for that will make the player appear above the wall

you said youre a pro mapper, so you have to have proof :)

Reaper 6

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2009
    ok i'll give you my proof in a few mins i'll make a map for you to see

heres my proof of work a route map very basic but hard to make

ROM Reaverz Hacking Team

so am i in

Last edited:

Neti

Inactive
    Years
    you have to wait for xbuster to come back online and that will be tomorrow...

the map is well done, no tile errors and stuff, but its a bit boring, since theres nearly nothing else than trees, grass and flowers. add ledges, rocks and other types of trees to the map to make it look more interesting.
    but it doenst have a square shape, thats good!

did you read the map rating thread yet? they give good advices there. just look at some maps of others, you can get good ideas there and you will see what people like and what not by reading the ratings

Reaper 6

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2009
    well its not supposed to have ledges its very basic as i said all maps have to made to look good and have to have a reason for each thing in it

like if i put a few ledges in the map then i would have to have a reason for doing that not just to make the map look good but it has to fit with the story of the hack and go with whats going to happen but thanks on your comment

i'll try and make more complex maps for you guys if im in

Neti

Inactive
    Years
    hmm i have to agree with you, you really cant add ledges in this map, i think it wouldnt fit to the rest of the map. and since the map is so small they dont make really much sense cause they wont eg force you to go through grass from one side but not when you come from the other side
    if you would add 2-3 rocks to the map then i would agree with the statement that theres nothing to do anymore

Reaper 6

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2009
    im trying to get new tiles to make better maps just now but im not that good at making tiles so i have to wait till i get a tile editor

Neti

Inactive
    Years
    im using paint.net, but its basic pixel art. you could easily do that with the normal microsoft paint.
    im sure you know how to export the tilesets with advancemap so you can edit em.
    if not:
    just open block editor on a map with the tileset you want to edit, click image/picture (not sure) and then "save tileset 1 (or 2) as", depending on which you want. then you have a .dib image which can be opened with paint. you can also just change it to a bmp and edit it with any other program you like

Reaper 6

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2009
    yeah i know howto take tiles out of the rom but i cant make tiles i cant draw them or make them im no good at it

Neti

Inactive
    Years
    i learned pixel art by drawing a 50 euro bill with ms paint xD
    it looked really good at the end but i dont have that file anymore

so for now you should wait til xbuster comes back, he has to decide whether you in or not

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2024
    Reaper 6, can you post more proofs..?

a scooter..? awesome..!

does anyone know what chating program w/ a join room can we use..?

Last edited:

Reaper 6

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2009
    no sorry thats the only one i have just now so am i in

Reaper 6

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2009
    im sorry but i cant upload more just now you will have to make your decistion now

Shadow Arcanine

Spriter and OWmaker
    Years
    hi team,
    i made the OW for the police chef/your father, it's in the attachements, for now, i'll try to make the scooter, for show it to you and then i'll make the running shoes.
    about the map and gary, we don't have gary in this game or a rival that has the script like gary, so why doing this?? btw the police station looks awsome, great work!
    you meet your rival later in this game, in fact on route 1 after my storyplot. i didn't have add more things to this event, but i wpuld to it to make it this way:

you are going to route 1, you see two trainers who terrorists a pokemon, you, as a child from a police officer, tell them to stopp with that, both want to battle you, then a girl (your rival) appears to help you and you battle on of the trainers, your rival the other, after you beat them the trainer go away and you two become friends, she can give you an item like a potion or somehting like that and then she disappear, i know, it could be a very complicated script, so tell me, is it to much or do you think you can handle this?
    after that you recieve you pokedex i'll think you could meet your rival on leaving the town and you could have a battle, that was all i was thinking about the first events.

so, thats all, i'll work now and the OW is in the attachement.

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2024
    Nice office neti but we should remove the pokedex, the pokedex will be obtained at the second town..!

>>Shadow Arcanine: can you make the other sprite of the sister..?

does any now a chatting program that has a party chat we can use..?

Neti

Inactive
    Years
    removing the pokedex and gary wont be too hard since theyre just normal persons
    but when gary is not there, we need a new script for receiving the pokemons form the pokeballs since there will be no other person that moves

ill correct the things you mentioned and a tile error and upload it

oh and you should replace the oak sprite with thé new one, then we wont have to change the sprites everywhere he appears (which will be only 3 locations... hmm)

i think icq has a party chat, but im ussing an older version of it because i dont like the new one

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2024
    oh and you should replace the oak sprite with thé new one, then we wont have to change the sprites everywhere he appears (which will be only 3 locations... hmm)

good idea, I nevah thought about that..? anyway I'll try downloading the ICQ, It should help us to communicate easily..! ^^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back